Headman: Derek Davis
    Headlady: Kimberly Irwin
    MC's: James Iron Shell and Gary Rush
    Host Northern: Blu Thunder
    Host Southern: Dark Horse
    Arena Director: Darrell Hills
    Head Young Man: Ty Treetop
    Head Young Lady: Kara Rocc

**Due to construction at and around Central High School, this pow wow has been moved to North High School, located on 12th Street and Thomas Road**

Contact Information:
    Ted Hibbeler
    602-764-1302
    [email protected]

Who's gone go check out this gathering?
    **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**
  • kiyaanii mom
    We'll See....
    • Apr 2004

Hey that's this weekend....

I won't be able to make it. (Yard work)

But have a good time, and update us on Monday....

Comment

• 50cal
      is lost in reality...
      • Feb 2004

Is there a drum contest??? Not like I'm going to go anyway, got to work this weekend.....
      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

• Hwii Siziinii
        naddawannabe
        • Nov 2005

I'm there! Only 2 more Phoenix-area pow wows after this one until summer.

Comment

• Grizzly
          ~Hón-wungwa~
          • Jul 2003

~3rd Annual Phoenix Union High School District Pow Wow~

Originally posted by 50cal
          Is there a drum contest??? Not like I'm going to go anyway, got to work this weekend.....

Nope, no drum contest bro, from what I heard its a benefit powwow... Any of the R.P. boyz gone come down to jam?

Comment

• skybird5
            sentient being
            • Apr 2003

Times?

Say, does anyone know what time things start on Friday or Saturday? Like is there Gourd dancing and when is Grand Entry???

Comment

• Hwii Siziinii
              naddawannabe
              • Nov 2005

That's kinda weird it says that 'due to construction around Central High etc.' they've moved the pow wow. They always had this at Steele Indian School park.

Comment

• ajibik
                Absolute Low Life
                • Feb 2004

Who's gone go check out this gathering?
                For me, looking into Magic 8-Ball window: "Signs point to YES."
                Big Pauly, Anishinaabe Ogitchidaa Aanikoominodewiwin

Comment

• WhoMe
                  PauWau Coordinator
                  • Jul 2003

Kewlio!

My Tahansi, Gary Rush, is co-emcee!

Let me know how he does?!
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

• 50cal
                    is lost in reality...
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Grizzly
                    Nope, no drum contest bro, from what I heard its a benefit powwow... Any of the R.P. boyz gone come down to jam?
                    Probably, half my guys live down in the valley.....just getting ready for ASU right now....trying to figure out how early I'm going to have to get there to set up "tent city"...*L*.......Hopefully we run into you there, and if possibly set up beside us or something, we'll be in our usual spot north side....*L*.....lata bro.......
                    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

• Grizzly
                      ~Hón-wungwa~
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by 50cal
                      Probably, half my guys live down in the valley.....just getting ready for ASU right now....trying to figure out how early I'm going to have to get there to set up "tent city"...*L*.......Hopefully we run into you there, and if possibly set up beside us or something, we'll be in our usual spot north side....*L*.....lata bro.......

Yeah seen Ernie around @ some of the local gatherings and even sat in with us a few times... Yep same here bro, were lookin forward to ASU(Tent city) See ya there!

Comment

• ABdrum
                        MM! MMM!! BEE-YATCH!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Yup, we'll be there as well. Not a full crew but even half is okay. see you all there at the powwow.

Comment

• Grizzly
                          ~Hón-wungwa~
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ABdrum
                          Yup, we'll be there as well. Not a full crew but even half is okay. see you all there at the powwow.

AHO ABdrum!! We'll see you and your crew there!

Comment

• ajibik
                            Absolute Low Life
                            • Feb 2004

It was kind of a lousy powwow.

*Information about the powwow had been requested, only to be ignored or the WRONG information about sessions was disseminated.
                            *The MC sucked. He was obnixius, longwinded, un-funny, and just on a trip of self-aggrandizement.
                            *Wayyyyyyy too many specials.
                            *Ignoring the other drums there: Little opportunity to sing.
                            *No blanket dance or support for the visiting drums. One drum even left before the 2nd session Saturdya Night.
                            *Crummy schedule...early grand 6PM entry sprung on participants at the last minute on Saurday night.

I can't see going back to this one. Really crappy treatement and information from the committee.
                            Big Pauly, Anishinaabe Ogitchidaa Aanikoominodewiwin

Comment

• skybird5
                              sentient being
                              • Apr 2003

I don't think the 'crappy' treatment was on purpose, it was more because of complete disorganization...no one really knew what the heck was going on. We'd ask the AD something and he'd ask the MC, who would ask someone from the committee, who would ask the MC, who would say the AD should know or whatever, seriously no one seemed to know what to do or when to do it or anything.

BUT...you are completely right about the MC!! That guy was awful...not Gary, but the guy from Rosebud. I remember him from 2 years ago and he was terrible then, I can't believe Mr. Hibbeler brought him all the way back from South Dakota so he could spend 2 days talking about himself. Everytime he had the mic, he would just go on and on and not stop talking..on Friday night he was yelling at the audience because he was standing in the arena talking and we should all have been quiet and not talked, whispered, laughed or anything while he was talking about whatever he was talking about, because it wasn't respectful..and then he was wearing SHORTS in the Arena!! C'mon, that's just silly.

I did like the Native Honor society thing, it was just too hot to make those students stand there while he preached and rambled on and on, though. Did anyone know this guy's name??? I don't remember hearing it once.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.