Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAIC Pow-wow, Baltimore, MD 8/26 - 28/2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BAIC Pow-wow, Baltimore, MD 8/26 - 28/2006

    When: August 25 - 27 2006
    Where: Patterson Park, 400 S. Linwood Avenue (corner of Eastern & Linwood)

    Prize Money
    Northern & Southern Drum
    1st - $1,000
    2nd - $500
    3rd - $250

    Men & Women (Northern, Southern, Grass, Jingle & Fancy)
    1st - $500
    2nd - $300
    3rd - $125
    4th - $75

    Jr's (Traditional, Grass, Jingle & Fancy)
    1st - $250
    2nd - $125
    3rd - $50

    Boys & Girls (Traditional, Grass, Jingle & Fancy)
    1st - $125
    2nd - $75
    3rd - $25

    Hotel Info:
    Super 8 - Baltimore/Essex Aare
    98 Stemmers Run Road
    Baltimore, MD 21221
    410-780-0030

    Rates:
    1 king bed - (1-2 adults) $71.99
    2 beds (1-2 adults) $67.49 (3 adults) $72.89 (4 adults) $78.29 (My question is who tells them how many people are in a room?)

    25 rooms - 10 smoking and 10 non-smoking with 2 beds and 5 non-smoking with 1 bed
    Guarantee: 50% deposit due 30 days prior to arrival
    Cancellation policy: 7 days prior to arrival by 4 p.m.

    MEANING: You must reserve by July 25th.

    Any questions? Let me know.
    Last edited by NDNQt; 06-26-2006, 01:27 PM.
    Becky B.

  • #2
    ~32nd Annual Baltimore American Indian Center Pow Wow~

    Any information on the Head Staff??
    **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

    Comment


    • #3
      MC - Keith Colston
      Head Judge - Dorothy Gray
      Tabulator - Me (Becky Adkins Branch)
      AD - Jay Hill
      Head Dancers - picked (and paid) each session
      Becky B.

      Comment


      • #4
        This one is 30 miles north of me, but we are going to make this one this year cuz mass-transit runs from Greenbelt to Baltimore.

        If the hotel is too steep for your gas-deflated wallet consider camping. There is at least one National Forest with tent camping/hot showers/real toilets within 30 minutes of Balto (GreenBelt National Forest) @ $14/night.

        And if free is the best you can do, I'll have the upstairs finished attic room with a queen sized bed and a queen sized futon (after those are gone it's hardwood floor) available at my place (approx 30 miles from the powwow location).

        Be careful about stacking non-paying folks in a hotel room... defrauding an innkeeper is the charge and ya end up feeling **** silly in court.

        Not that I'd know or anything.....

        ~b2w

        Comment


        • #5
          Didn't know it was for real wrong! I always thought they just asked because they wanted more $$$$.
          Becky B.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by between2worlds
            This one is 30 miles north of me, but we are going to make this one this year cuz mass-transit runs from Greenbelt to Baltimore.

            If the hotel is too steep for your gas-deflated wallet consider camping. There is at least one National Forest with tent camping/hot showers/real toilets within 30 minutes of Balto (GreenBelt National Forest) @ $14/night.

            And if free is the best you can do, I'll have the upstairs finished attic room with a queen sized bed and a queen sized futon (after those are gone it's hardwood floor) available at my place (approx 30 miles from the powwow location).

            Be careful about stacking non-paying folks in a hotel room... defrauding an innkeeper is the charge and ya end up feeling **** silly in court.

            Not that I'd know or anything.....

            ~b2w
            which public transport are you taking? if you are taking the train (MARC), it only runs monday through friday. greyhound doesnt stop in greenbelt, and neither does amtrak.
            Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

            ~Flat Beat~

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NDNQt
              Didn't know it was for real wrong! I always thought they just asked because they wanted more $$$$.
              I didn't either... until I rented a room and.......... uhm........ ended up with something like about 15 people crashed in it.

              Of course we weren't real quiet before we fell asleep (although no noise was after curfew) and I guess the manager had been keeping track of those going in v. those going out. A 3am wake up call was courtesy of the local constabulary, those not registered to the room had to leave and I got a notice to appear in court where all this was carefully explained to my young rowdy self.

              I paid my fine, I learned a lesson *grin* and now I get to share that lesson!

              Be well!

              ~b2w

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Emmy
                which public transport are you taking? if you are taking the train (MARC), it only runs monday through friday. greyhound doesnt stop in greenbelt, and neither does amtrak.
                B30 express bus runs every 40 minutes from Greenbelt Metro to BWI airport, light rail from BWI into Balto. Cost to wheelies is $0 for the express bus ($3.00 to people with feet), $1.20 for a light rail day pass ($2.50 for normals).

                http://www.wmata.com/ for the destructions on how to get to Greenbelt Metro from whereever and if you go to the bus schedule section of the site you will find the B30 schedule. Hours are from fairly early in the morning to a decent time in the evening.

                ~b2w

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just wanted to bring this back up to the top of the list again.
                  Becky B.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Change In Staff

                    Arena Director will be Schirra Gray
                    Becky B.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      huh?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yep, he was AD for Richmond a few years ago.
                        Becky B.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          no jay huh? he's fun!
                          i'll be there and cant wait! who's drums?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Drums

                            Whos host drum becky?
                            Sabrina

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We don't have one - we just do all the drums in rotation.
                              Becky B.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • NDNQt
                                30th Annual Baltimore American Indian Center Powwow
                                by NDNQt
                                Where: Catonsville Community College
                                When: August 27 - 29, 2004

                                MC: Keith Colston
                                Arena Director: Jay Hill
                                Head Judge: TBA
                                Tabulator: Me! Becky Adkins
                                Head Dancers are picked at each session
                                More categories have been added!

                                ...
                                07-12-2004, 01:34 PM
                              • NDNQt
                                31st Annual Baltimore American Indian Center Pow Wow - 8/26-28/3005
                                by NDNQt
                                When: August 26, 27 & 28, 2005
                                Where: Patterson Park, Baltimore City

                                MC: Keith Colston
                                Head Judge: Archie Lynch
                                Tabulator: Yours truly!
                                Arena Director: Jay Hill
                                Head Dancers picked daily!


                                Adults - Fancy, Grass, Jingle,...
                                05-24-2005, 02:55 PM
                              • NDNQt
                                York, PA Powwow
                                by NDNQt
                                When: August 7 & 8
                                Where: York, PA Fairgrounds

                                MC: Keith Colston
                                Head Judge: Archie Lynch
                                Tabulator: Yours truly
                                Head Dancers: Roger and Kim Richardson

                                Men's & Women's Fancy & Traditional
                                1st - $500
                                2nd - $250...
                                07-12-2004, 11:27 AM
                              • NDNQt
                                Baltimore Pow-wow, 8/22-8/24/08
                                by NDNQt
                                34th Annual Baltimore American Indian Center Pow-wow
                                August 22-24, 2008
                                Patterson Park - Baltimore City, MD

                                MC: Keith Colston
                                Arena Director: Jay Hill
                                Head Judge: Ancial "Jr" Chavis
                                Tabulator: Becky Adkins Branch

                                There will...
                                06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
                              • walmart ndn
                                37th Annual Eastern Band of Cherokee Powwow
                                by walmart ndn
                                37th Annual Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Powwow
                                Friday, June 29th thru Sunday, July 1st 2012
                                Acquoni Expo Center (old Cherokee High School
                                1501 Acquoni Rd
                                Cherokee, NC.


                                HEAD STAFF FOR 2012:
                                Emcee: Rob Daugherty, Jay OK
                                Arena Director: Phillip
                                ...
                                05-25-2012, 10:15 AM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X