X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul G
    replied
    Originally posted by JingleFever8301
    i noticed that the were more votes for the ironman/woman contest...but if you've watched one of them, you will see that they can go on forever!!! so thats something to keep in mind too...
    If that is the one we choose I'll have a song limit on it--like 5 songs non stop and then judge them on who dances thier style for all 5 songs the best.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Trails
    replied
    Special Contest

Why does there have to be a special contest? Why are contest powwows for any ways. I have been to both contest and non contest powwows. It can't be for the money because there is not that much money to be won unless you are contesting every weekend.

Leave a comment:

• JingleFever8301
    replied
    time??

i noticed that the were more votes for the ironman/woman contest...but if you've watched one of them, you will see that they can go on forever!!! so thats something to keep in mind too...

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    I voted for iron woman/ man contest.

If it was me I'd probably think about a people's choice thing. That way everyone from tiny tots to golden age could participate.

You would have a certain set number of judges you choose......say six ......could be any number. They would pick their favorite dancer .... then out of those have a dance off.... then have the audience vote for their favorite dancer that best represents their dance style. That way you have everyone participating and biggest majority is happy with the winner.

Leave a comment:

• morning water
    replied
    Originally posted by suthernwaterbird
    Singing Contest. Old School Northern vs. Contemporary Southern
    Hmmm. What about Old School Northern vs. Old School Southern!

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    The poll is now online, cast your votes!!

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Originally posted by Strugganona
    I still think that if MEN AND WOMEN MUST BE IN THE SAME COMPETITION-than the Two Step would be fair because men and women dance together to win.
    Great idea, but the prize is for 1 person.

Leave a comment:

• Strugganona
    replied
    Two Step! Two Step!

I still think that if MEN AND WOMEN MUST BE IN THE SAME COMPETITION-than the Two Step would be fair because men and women dance together to win.

Leave a comment:

• AhDay_EveryDay
    replied
    um...

Red Earth isn't until the first week of June
    But I agree- all the specials EVERYWHERE are always iron woman/man or all around.
    I like the idea of the men/women switch dance, but it kinda depends cuz it always seems like the men have fun with it and the women take it seriously *LoL* So maybe either have a real switch dance, or specify a "clown dance" which are always really fun too ;)

Leave a comment:

• NDNQt
    replied
    So...what ended up being the contest and who won??

Leave a comment:

• ccreek10
    replied
    I already posted earlier in this thread but after reading the comments on suggested categories, I agree with some of the posters regarding the Fancy Dance category. Red Earth usually has a Spotlight Fancy Dance Contest every year. I also agree that another Fancy Dance contest is too much. No offense to those fancy dance lovers.

Leave a comment:

• qwade
    replied
    you should

give the money to WHO ME the site moderator from new mexico for his 49 contest at true loves {skin bar OKC} that sounds kool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by qwade; 05-15-2006, 03:18 PM. Reason: NONE

Leave a comment:

• Micki
    replied
    Hey Paul, since youre going to be in the neighborhood you can come to our powwow the weekend following Red Earth.

I would vote on chicken dance contest hmm that would be a good spotlight special and include fancy shawl for the ladies.

Leave a comment:

• chazziff
    replied
    a contemporary vs old style competition would work ... woman's fancy shawl or even prairie chicken .. would be my vote.

men's fancy bustle and men's traditional has been done to death ...

Leave a comment:

• sltate
    replied
    Well, I think that PowWows.com should sponsor a women's fancy old style and a men's fancy old style and have one winner in each because you cannot compete women against men, its just not fair.....but having an old style fancy...now that would be interesting to see just how "old style" the dancers can get. Judging would be on regalia, style and dancing to be determined by the committee, since Jim Anque is from a prestigious pow wow family..he would know who to get. Let Pow Wows.com go back to the roots of a popular dance and promote this style of dancing since all of us on here love to see anything "old school", put the money where the mouth is. LOL Let it be a spotlight dance on Saturday evening(when you would have the biggest non-native crowd), and make it a big "to-do". The dancing ability will not be speed, but style....

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• Celena
    I want to share an interesting information for you
    by Celena
    I'll start out by saying the usual things were good about this powwow: the drums and the dancers. It's them that ultimately make or break a powwow, for the most part. There were some really great specials and the dancers really put up a good competition. The weather was mild, and it was not unbearably...
    09-23-2019, 11:54 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X