Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions about Milwaukee Indian Summer Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions about Milwaukee Indian Summer Event?

Just wondering what people here think about this event. I've enjoyed it twice, but I never see any mention of it here on the boards. Do people consider this a pow wow or something else? Just wondering.
    Something exists.

I have gone to Indian Summer for several years, love it and look forward to it every year.

It's one of many ethnic festivals that Milwaukee is known for and Indian Summer wraps up the festival season here.

There are many aspects to this festival including the pow-wow. It is a real pow-wow and all the traditions are respected.

In addition, there are several other events or demonstrations to exhibit our culture.

Feel free to browse the site for more information. This year is the 20th anniversary.

I started volunteering for the festival (it runs mostly on volunteers) 3 years ago. I practically live down there all weekend.

http://www.indiansummer.org/

So what do I consider it- it's definitely a festival to celebrate the culture, it's a time for families from all over to come together and the pow wow is just one of the many enjoyable things you'll find there. It's more than just a pow wow, but I don't think the festival takes away from the pow wow.
    Remember that GREAT LOVE & GREAT ACHIEVEMENTS involve GREAT RISKS
    - Little Butterfly

One click of a banner or pop up ad on your favorite site will keep it alive :)

Comment

A major sponsor is a beer company! No, no, and no way; that is my opinion. I would NOT go to an event like this. This directly is hypocritical to the mission statement of your organization.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• slysouthernguy
        Magic Genie Grants You Three Pow Wow Wishes!
        by slysouthernguy
        You are stumbling back to the Super 8 Motel after a long night of 49'n. You trip and fall of an empty bottle of Boone's Farm. When you pick up the stray bottle to throw it at the nearest car for no good reason at all, you STOP!
        You realize that there is something different about this bottle,...
        05-15-2006, 01:16 PM
      • RDNKJ
        What do People Think of This
        by RDNKJ
        There's no right or wrong answer, I was just curious about what different people thought.

"Our Body: The Universe Within" is coming through Austin. Some of my friends invited me to go see it with them, but I had to decline.

This is the "blurb" from...
        04-19-2010, 02:29 PM
      • Brown wlf
        Schemitzun Cancelled
        by Brown wlf
        I know some of you were wondering if this years event was still on... I just saw this on Indian Country Today.
        It's too bad, this used to be a great time.

Schemitzun canceled
        By Gale Courey Toensing

Story Published: Jun 8, 2009

(Story Updated:...
        06-08-2009, 11:43 AM
      • CandaePrincess
        I was Indian before Indian was Cool
        by CandaePrincess
        Here's a debatable topic for Friday. How many of your have tribes that are being over ran by no bloods. I'm talking those who are 1/128th indian??? I'm asking b/c our tribe's pow wow is being ran by wannabe's and those who are maybe 1/16th indian and dance once a year if that at our tribe's pow wow....
        08-06-2004, 09:41 AM
      • **jdazmum**
        Marines charged with war crimes
        by **jdazmum**
        Recently the news has been covering the fighting in Fallujah and if you haven't heard a Marine was taken off the battlefield for shooting a civilian, supposedly was already dead. News reporters shot it and now there's the contraversy about rules of engagement. I wanted to bring light to this issue,...
        11-25-2004, 01:57 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X