Decent SE pow wows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent SE pow wows

Can you guys help me find some decent pow wows in the Southeast in the next four months (August - November)? Thanks...they don't have to be Prairie Island/Shakopee/Schemitzun good, but just not too yahooey either LOL Thanks guys! Basically if the music is good, that's fine with me.
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Mt. Juliet Tennessee September 23-24

Kinder Louisiana first weekend in October

Poarch Creek thanksgiving powwow nov 23-24
    www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
      Can you guys help me find some decent pow wows in the Southeast in the next four months (August - November)? Thanks...they don't have to be Prairie Island/Shakopee/Schemitzun good, but just not too yahooey either LOL Thanks guys! Basically if the music is good, that's fine with me.
      Be on the lookout for a keen dance to pop up in about the next 5 years!

Sorry...I know it doesn't really help you now...just working on some long term planning!
      To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
        ROME GA. CAN BE GOOD WHEN ENOUGH DRUMS SHOW UP AT TIMES THE BEST DANCERS ARE THERE ALSO
        long hair

Comment

Theres one on August 25-27 at Piney Grove NC , near Old Fort not far from you at the bottom of Black Mtn. I'm MCing this one, still lining up a few drums but $10,000 contest money AND day money drawings too. Will be posted in the calendar soon so look for it.
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
          Albert Einstein

Comment

OK! SPRUCE PINES Powwow to be held 25-27 august on hwy 226 south, Spruce Pines, NC.
            Its posted on calendar with a few errors ...ooops!
            The Plainsmen to be host drum, All drums welcome.
            Robert "Papa" Roach MC
            The local Fire Dept is throwing a BBQ Friday and saturday for all Contestants and traders.
            The Powwow is 2 miles off the Blue Ridge Pkwy.
            Hope to see you all there.
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Here are a few that I know of...

Baltimore, MD
              Aug. 25,26,27

Clinton, NC
              Sept. 8,9

BuckHead, NC
              Oct. 13,14 or 21,22

Lumbee Fall, Pembroke,NC
              (sponsored by LRDA)
              Oct. 27,28,29

Richmond, VA(I heard BlackStone was the host)
              Nov. 10,11,12

All of these are contest powwows, some are more community based, than others, but all have good drum groups usually attending: Southern Sun, Stoney Creek, Red Earth, Southern Eagle, KTN Jrs.

Comment

Tullahoma Intertribal Powwow

Tullahoma Intertribal Powwow, Tullahoma, TN Nov 10-12. Emcee ~ Jerry Dearly; Host Drums: Northern - Oyate Teca (Pine Ridge) Southern - Southern Xtreme (New Mexico) and invited Southern - Bad Water.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.