Clearfield Pa. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearfield Pa. ?

Does anyone have any comments, opinions, insight, etc. on the upcoming Pow Wow in Clearfield Pa., Nov. 4th & 5th???
    Southern... with a twist

no but I want to know too....I am getting my winter itchy feet to early to stop pow-wowing now especially after last weekend...lol
    Abs of Frybread and Buns of Commodity Cheese

Comment

clear field powwow

well what do you want to know? i am one ove the two chairmen running the powwow. It is located in the gym of the clearfield middle school it is a compleatly inside dance, november in pa can get pretty cold the powwows is run by a powwow familly both native and non. We think we put on a preety good powwow. we run northern tradtions we have a hall of venders selling both matrials and finished items. we usaly have any were from 3-7 drums. We also take great pride in our chinese aution/raffle usaly about 60 items from camping gear to pendeltons to compleate sets of dance clothes to the world famous Gramma Batson cookies. We are also pretty easy going so we tend to have fun. If you've never been there come on out even a bad powwow is better than a good day at work.

Comment

if you have any more questions my e-mail is [email protected]
        Gregory Hester

Comment

great people there. awesome craftworkers too.

you have seen some of it in the gallery. Quillworker makes nice stuff and TTAYLOR's beadwork is amazing.
          There are 2 types of people in the world...
          Really stupid people who think they are smart
          and
          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by littleredblanket
            no but I want to know too....I am getting my winter itchy feet to early to stop pow-wowing now especially after last weekend...lol
            No LRB.. I am with you on that. I'm ready for a break too. Time to light a fire, reflect and regroup, get some new songs going and give the road a break!!!!
            Southern... with a twist

Comment

Hey Thunder Nation...talked to White Hawk yesterday and they said something about a powwow in Lebanon 1st weekend in December. Guess we are going to try and hit that one and gonna try to hit Chicago pow-wow. So i guess we aint' stopping for the winter just slowing wayyyyyy down, lol thats fine though....give me time to finish up new dress and stuff. LOL.

Make sure to get me details for New Years...I talked to my mom and she said she wants to try and be here for that one. Wants to meet you guys and have fun.
              Abs of Frybread and Buns of Commodity Cheese

Comment

the last weekend powwow you folks are talking about is that the dome?

Comment

Last Weekend!

No, I believe "last weekend" they are referring to the powwow in Toledo, Ohio. If you missed it, you missed a good one. It takes place the weekend after the dome ever year.

We did go to the dome again this year, and enjoyed it. Saw some good friends, old friends, & had a good time.

Comment

What is this dome pow wow everyone keeps talking about? Have heard about and heard it was pretty good, but never been.
                    I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

Dome Powwow

Yeah, what Dome Powwow are you guys talking about? The Dome Powwow I know of is right here in Toronto often referred to as the Sky Dome Powwow and it is in November and not October. The arena name was changed to the Rogers Centre but many still call it the Sky Dome.

Is there another powwow known as the Dome?

Comment

The "Dome" refered to here is in Monaca Pa. Its a small college in Beaver county and they have the pow wow in their sports arena called Beaver Dome. Its much smaller than Sky Dome. Its a fun pow wow. It was much more attended a few years ago.
                        Southern... with a twist

Comment

Well alrighty then...

Not sure I could bring myself to go to a pow wow in a place called the BEAVER dome... wouldn't be able to keep a straight face long enough to sing... LOL

Paselo!
                          I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

Good one Red Shield.

Thanks for the info Thunder Nation. Did not know there was another powwow called "Dome."

Hope to see you in Toronto later this month.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.