Seminole Tribal Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminole Tribal Fair

I know Southern Thunder is the Southern Host for this pow wow, second weekend in February, and Wallace Coffey is on staff...who plans on going to this one?
    I was invited to sing with S.T., and my brother and sister in law invited me and my girls down to stay at the Hard Rock (?), my sister in law is from there and she says it will be a good pow wow. Haven't been to this since 93, we went probably 2 years in a row, then I got a real job and couldn't go anywhere. LOL Those were my dancing for dollar days, lived on the trail so to speak, and then reality set in and I had to work. Been working and going to school ever since. I finally came to the place in my employment where I can take off to go somewhere. LOL
    On behalf of my family down there, hope everyone can make it, I know they are really hospitable and love visitors. If you go be sure and head out to the everglades and ride an airboat and visit a chiki village, those are awesome. Eat some alligator, get a tan, head to the Keys, yep....fun place to visit i plan on taking my little girls, my older girls will be in school and still playing ball.
    I
    I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

Hey sl,

I think I'm comin' down this year!

I would like to meet crazy wolf, Ginger, Cheshire Cat and any other powwows.commers who live in the great state of Florida!
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I think we are going to come down this year also. We'll probably stay with some friends because I know hotels in that area are crazy high.
      Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

we gonna try to go..
        bucwild2012

Comment

Was an Intern @ Afachkee Elem in Big Cypress...

I like the heat N Florida....The humidity can get tough though!...Hosted the STF in 2003...Good laid back Powwow....The initial days were on a show format (easy) for schools and the powwow was on the weekend. The Seminole definitely know how to take care of people....
          "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

I'm still on the fence. It'll probably come down to how tough my rugby schedule is this spring (I play for Tampa Bay). If I don't have a game, and I'm not too beat up, I'll probably be there.
            J.L. Benet

Comment

anybody else have any more information on this powwow?
              bucwild2012

Comment

man its been a long time since i been on here. might try and go to this but not for sure though gotta wait and see how my job is going at the time
                when its said and done and the pow wow is over one thing is for sure, we made them dance.

Comment

Seminole Tribal Fair

Is this gonna be another party powwow, with the head staff and alot of dancers hanging out and partying, if so I am not wasting my time again, who is the head staff, is it the same as last year, if so they need to change. I always enjoyed going to the fair and all the hospitility they had to offer until last year, bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by roundabout
                    Is this gonna be another party powwow, with the head staff and alot of dancers hanging out and partying, if so I am not wasting my time again, who is the head staff, is it the same as last year, if so they need to change. I always enjoyed going to the fair and all the hospitility they had to offer until last year, bad taste in my mouth.
                    Geez, what happened?
                    Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

ok...so who is the head staff??? anyone? anyone?
                      bucwild2012

Comment

here's a link to last years powwow http://www.seminoletribe.com/calenda...fair2006.shtml
                        and the information the powwow will be Feb 8-11 I think

Head Staff

Dale Old Horn, Crow, MT Emcee
                        Lawrence Baker, New Town, ND Emcee
                        Damon Roughface, Pawnee, OK Arena Director
                        Ronnie GoodEagle, Flandreau, SD Arena Director
                        Salina NoEar Totem, Tulsa, OK Head Lady Judge
                        Delbert Wapass, Saskatchewan, Canada Singing Judge
                        Yellowhammer, Ponca City , OK Host Southern Drum
                        Mandaree Singers, New Town, ND Host Northern Drum

Dance and Drum Categories and Prize Money

5 Winners from each Men’s and Women’s Category
                        1st - $1500 2nd - $1200 3rd - $900 4th - $700 5th - $500
                        Golden Age 60 & Over – Men & Women
                        Northern & Southern (combined)
                        Senior Adult (40-59)
                        Traditional, Straight, Grass, Fancy – Men
                        N. Traditional S. Traditional, Jingle, Fancy – Women
                        Adult (17-39)
                        Traditional, Straight, Grass, Fancy – Men
                        N. Traditional, S. Traditional, Jingle, Fancy – Men

Drum Contest

Northern and Southern Category
                        1 st $5000 – 2 nd $4000 – 3 rd $3000 – 2 nd $2000 – 1 st $1000

Point system begins with the Thursday evening session at 7 p.m.

Special Contest on Thursday night: Chicken Dance and Men’s Fancy Dance

Committee is not responsible for thefts, losses, lodging, car problems or lack of traveling funds.
                        don't you be wastin' all your money
                        on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Comment

count me in! i'll be there & hopefully will dance & play in the bball tourney....
                          *BE EASY*

Comment

Originally posted by roundabout
                            Humm.... Blanket statements are dangerous to those people who didn't "hang out and party." Because I was there and I saw who was and wasn't.

Comment

Oh yeah, and we are planning on going back this year. Because the powwow was fun. And having a little free time to see the sites was fun too. And yes, the Seminole hospitality was awesome!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.