Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seminole Tribal Fair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    What's the date of that one? When I lived in Ft laud I went and enjoyed it and would like to go again.
    Niin sa, Chi anung

    Comment


    • #92
      It's Feb 8-11
      Don't ever stop dancing

      Comment


      • #93
        I just devestating news....

        My travel card that I was coming down on, is just now getting processed. I have turned the application in 3-times now and it keeps getting lost in "the system."

        In order to come, I would have to fork over the cash now and get reimbursed when I get back.

        *sad
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

        Comment


        • #94
          I might make it, It's soo hard to fly with all my gear tho.
          Niin sa, Chi anung

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by MayChe View Post
            that Motel 6 is sold out now. well we'll be staying at the Motel 6 in Dania Beach prolly
            Thats where we stayed last year....not too good of a neighborhood. hookers and drug dealers everywhere.

            As for the powwow itself: Last year they closed registration down at 5 because they thought no more dancers were going to show up....of course everyone was going crazy over that. Then they were carding everyone too.

            I dont know how they are doing it this year, but last year drum and dance contest started on thurs. so goot luck everyone.

            Other than all that, had a pretty good time. the atmosphere is pretty cool.
            www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
              I just devestating news....

              My travel card that I was coming down on, is just now getting processed. I have turned the application in 3-times now and it keeps getting lost in "the system."

              In order to come, I would have to fork over the cash now and get reimbursed when I get back.

              *sad
              What are you going to do now?
              Don't ever stop dancing

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by anishinabealltheway View Post
                I might make it, It's soo hard to fly with all my gear tho.
                Been there, done that. Well if you can make it, that'll be great. If can't, that's cool maybe next year.
                Don't ever stop dancing

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by 1badazzndn View Post
                  Thats where we stayed last year....not too good of a neighborhood. hookers and drug dealers everywhere.

                  As for the powwow itself: Last year they closed registration down at 5 because they thought no more dancers were going to show up....of course everyone was going crazy over that. Then they were carding everyone too.

                  I dont know how they are doing it this year, but last year drum and dance contest started on thurs. so goot luck everyone.

                  Other than all that, had a pretty good time. the atmosphere is pretty cool.
                  Oh well then I'm glad I'm not staying there anymore. Hopefully this place we're staying at now won't be so bad.

                  They did that to us last time we were down there. They closed registration down at 11am and grand entry was at 1pm. Were they carding just to dance and not compete?
                  Don't ever stop dancing

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    well that' a bunch of bull. hey whome are you & your family going to be able to make it?
                    don't you be wastin' all your money
                    on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough





                    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

                    Comment


                    • hengit who me...I was lookin forward to singin that handrum song...lol

                      come on guy...be like every1 else in oklahoma and rough it...hitch hike...jus ask billy b...
                      LOL
                      bucwild2012

                      Comment


                      • MayC, Ginger and Suthern,

                        I was really looking forward to this trip. Things happen for a reason. What this reason is, I'm not sure of yet.

                        If I was to come to the powwow I would have to pay all my expenses upfront for 5 days and get reimbursed later. I don't have an extra $1200 right now. It sucks to be poor.

                        It's a good thing I have a lot of friends and things to do here. I recently moved to the east coast so, there are plenty of new places to explore in my own back yard.

                        I guess I will just look forward to Denver March next month. My gov't travel card should be in by then and I can bill all my expenses on it

                        ... well not everything *L

                        (I am desperate to find some humor in my situation)
                        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

                        Comment


                        • WHAAAAAAAAAT??!?!? NO 49 KING??? Dang WhoMe....sorry to hear about the card situation....but i know it won't get'cha down. The good news is that YES we share a huge backyard now & i'm happy you guys are in the area!

                          Also, if we don't catch up before Denver, no worries Anna & I will be there this year...YIPPIE!!!

                          Oh & Lil London is absolutely ADORABLE!!!
                          *BE EASY*

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose View Post
                            WHAAAAAAAAAT??!?!? NO 49 KING??? Dang WhoMe....sorry to hear about the card situation....but i know it won't get'cha down. The good news is that YES we share a huge backyard now & i'm happy you guys are in the area!

                            Also, if we don't catch up before Denver, no worries Anna & I will be there this year...YIPPIE!!!

                            Oh & Lil London is absolutely ADORABLE!!!


                            Bux,

                            Thanks for uplifting my spirits. Yes, you are right, I do have a huge backyard now.

                            Shux, I was looking forward to cheering for you at your roundball tourney!

                            I appreciate the comments on London. Some day she will dance beside you and bushy!'

                            My mom appreciated your dads' kind words of acknowledgement! Tell him aho!
                            Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                              Things happen for a reason. What this reason is, I'm not sure of yet.

                              *Gives big war whoop!!!!!!


                              The big boss asked me about my travel card and I told him, that it was beyond my control that I didn't have it in time for the Seminole powwow trip.

                              So he asked if I wanted to go to Brazil, South America in April to dance, sing and be on a cultural exchange panel!


                              Wooo Hooo!
                              Last edited by WhoMe; 02-07-2007, 05:07 PM.
                              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

                              Comment


                              • One day my friend, one day...we'll meet! LOL
                                I was sad, then got happy all over again for you about Brazil.


                                Soooo, I'm at work for another hour.
                                I have to go home and pack up my suitcases.
                                We are planning to leave by 7pm for Syracuse NY tonight (3 hour drive).
                                Then tomorrow morning, bright and early...hey, I just looked at my plans. We stop in DC, maybe we'll be on the same flight to Florida Bux!? That'd be soooo sweet.

                                Christal and her sister on our their way to the city. We're all travelling together to Syracuse. Along with our friend "Mom" LOL
                                A big ole indun squeeze - 7 of us in my van. Luckily 2 are kiddies!

                                Safe travels to everyone...See ya's there!

                                Comment

                                Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Okwataga
                                  Hello
                                  by Okwataga
                                  Just thought i'd write in our forum since we seem to be lacking in here lately.

                                  Just wondering what everyone was up to this year, and what have you done so far,

                                  How do pow wow affect your life? like is it all you think about and plan for a year in advance, or do you grab...
                                  01-28-2004, 03:51 PM
                                • Okwataga
                                  we're slowing down in here
                                  by Okwataga
                                  I know most would love to wear buckskin and they have thier own stuff to talk about
                                  I've noticed a slack in talking to each other in here
                                  why don't we start with intos - and go from there

                                  I'm single mom, full time work with tribe(EBCI), have two sons, dance southern cloth,...
                                  05-10-2002, 03:02 PM
                                • NancyJo
                                  Recovering from Sprains
                                  by NancyJo
                                  I had an accident last weekend and ended up with a MCL Sprain (Mideal Collateral Ligiment Sprain......and torn meniscus - cartalage in knee). Ouch. Not fun. I am in a splint and having to use crutches for two weeks, then an MRI and visit to Orthopedic surgeon to see if the ligment and tears will...
                                  08-14-2011, 06:20 PM
                                • austanley5
                                  Hey guys! (and gals!)
                                  by austanley5
                                  Hello, everyone! I'm Dark Horse (Austin) and I'm Registered with the Eastern Band Cherokee and the Overhill Nation of Cherokee Descendants. I"m still very new to all of this. I was adopted by my Grandmother, Luanie in August of last year and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with every bit of this journey....
                                  02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
                                • tohani
                                  To Start Again
                                  by tohani
                                  Hi, I'm here because I know I need the support in battling to dance again for years now. I'm 33 years old and I have always been taught the old ways, our values and being a strong native woman. I have the tools, the resources, the passion but I need a boost here. I was brought up in the pow-wow circle...
                                  03-25-2008, 03:28 PM

                                Trending

                                Collapse

                                There are no results that meet this criteria.

                                Sidebar Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X