No announcement yet.

Seminole Tribal Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the date of that one? When I lived in Ft laud I went and enjoyed it and would like to go again.
    Niin sa, Chi anung

Comment

It's Feb 8-11
      Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

I just devestating news....

My travel card that I was coming down on, is just now getting processed. I have turned the application in 3-times now and it keeps getting lost in "the system."

In order to come, I would have to fork over the cash now and get reimbursed when I get back.

*sad
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I might make it, It's soo hard to fly with all my gear tho.
          Niin sa, Chi anung

Comment

Originally posted by MayChe View Post
            that Motel 6 is sold out now. well we'll be staying at the Motel 6 in Dania Beach prolly
            Thats where we stayed last year....not too good of a neighborhood. hookers and drug dealers everywhere.

As for the powwow itself: Last year they closed registration down at 5 because they thought no more dancers were going to show up....of course everyone was going crazy over that. Then they were carding everyone too.

I dont know how they are doing it this year, but last year drum and dance contest started on thurs. so goot luck everyone.

Other than all that, had a pretty good time. the atmosphere is pretty cool.
            www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
              I just devestating news....

My travel card that I was coming down on, is just now getting processed. I have turned the application in 3-times now and it keeps getting lost in "the system."

In order to come, I would have to fork over the cash now and get reimbursed when I get back.

*sad
              What are you going to do now?
              Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

Originally posted by anishinabealltheway View Post
                I might make it, It's soo hard to fly with all my gear tho.
                Been there, done that. Well if you can make it, that'll be great. If can't, that's cool maybe next year.
                Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

Originally posted by 1badazzndn View Post
                  Thats where we stayed last year....not too good of a neighborhood. hookers and drug dealers everywhere.

As for the powwow itself: Last year they closed registration down at 5 because they thought no more dancers were going to show up....of course everyone was going crazy over that. Then they were carding everyone too.

I dont know how they are doing it this year, but last year drum and dance contest started on thurs. so goot luck everyone.

Other than all that, had a pretty good time. the atmosphere is pretty cool.
                  Oh well then I'm glad I'm not staying there anymore. Hopefully this place we're staying at now won't be so bad.

They did that to us last time we were down there. They closed registration down at 11am and grand entry was at 1pm. Were they carding just to dance and not compete?
                  Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

well that' a bunch of bull. hey whome are you & your family going to be able to make it?
                    don't you be wastin' all your money
                    on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Comment

• hengit who me...I was lookin forward to singin that handrum song...lol

come on guy...be like every1 else in oklahoma and rough it...hitch hike...jus ask billy b...
                      LOL
                      bucwild2012

Comment

• MayC, Ginger and Suthern,

I was really looking forward to this trip. Things happen for a reason. What this reason is, I'm not sure of yet.

If I was to come to the powwow I would have to pay all my expenses upfront for 5 days and get reimbursed later. I don't have an extra $1200 right now. It sucks to be poor.

It's a good thing I have a lot of friends and things to do here. I recently moved to the east coast so, there are plenty of new places to explore in my own back yard.

I guess I will just look forward to Denver March next month. My gov't travel card should be in by then and I can bill all my expenses on it

... well not everything *L

(I am desperate to find some humor in my situation)

Comment

• WHAAAAAAAAAT??!?!? NO 49 KING??? Dang WhoMe....sorry to hear about the card situation....but i know it won't get'cha down. The good news is that YES we share a huge backyard now & i'm happy you guys are in the area!

Also, if we don't catch up before Denver, no worries Anna & I will be there this year...YIPPIE!!!

Oh & Lil London is absolutely ADORABLE!!!
                          *BE EASY*

Comment

• Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose View Post
                            WHAAAAAAAAAT??!?!? NO 49 KING??? Dang WhoMe....sorry to hear about the card situation....but i know it won't get'cha down. The good news is that YES we share a huge backyard now & i'm happy you guys are in the area!

Also, if we don't catch up before Denver, no worries Anna & I will be there this year...YIPPIE!!!

Oh & Lil London is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Bux,

Thanks for uplifting my spirits. Yes, you are right, I do have a huge backyard now.

Shux, I was looking forward to cheering for you at your roundball tourney!

I appreciate the comments on London. Some day she will dance beside you and bushy!'

My mom appreciated your dads' kind words of acknowledgement! Tell him aho!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                              Things happen for a reason. What this reason is, I'm not sure of yet.

*Gives big war whoop!!!!!!

The big boss asked me about my travel card and I told him, that it was beyond my control that I didn't have it in time for the Seminole powwow trip.

So he asked if I wanted to go to Brazil, South America in April to dance, sing and be on a cultural exchange panel!

Wooo Hooo!
                              Last edited by WhoMe; 02-07-2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• One day my friend, one day...we'll meet! LOL
                                I was sad, then got happy all over again for you about Brazil.

Soooo, I'm at work for another hour.
                                I have to go home and pack up my suitcases.
                                We are planning to leave by 7pm for Syracuse NY tonight (3 hour drive).
                                Then tomorrow morning, bright and early...hey, I just looked at my plans. We stop in DC, maybe we'll be on the same flight to Florida Bux!? That'd be soooo sweet.

Christal and her sister on our their way to the city. We're all travelling together to Syracuse. Along with our friend "Mom" LOL
                                A big ole indun squeeze - 7 of us in my van. Luckily 2 are kiddies!

Safe travels to everyone...See ya's there!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.