Denver March Powwow 2007...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver March Powwow 2007...........

So, who's all planning on going to Denver March this yr???
    lisaironmaker

Originally posted by LISA IRONMAKER View Post

I am. You going Lisa?

I wonder if Holiday Inn at Bannock Street still has rooms?

I just saw Ken LaDeaux (Denver March powwow chairman) yesterday. He gave me a lot of history on the Denver Powwow. He's a good guy.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 03-02-2007, 10:51 AM.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I really want to go! :( But I think my mom has decided otherwise. She thinks we can only do one big out-of-state powwow a year. *sigh* I think we're trying for NMAI... GON if we're lucky. But if I could hitch a ride with someone... hehehehe... maybe she'd never notice I was gone. *sneaky grin* She won't let me drive out there by myself. *pout*

Central location sucks! It only means you're equally far from anything remotely exciting. But Denver is only 7 hours from here ennit... (8 hrs if you account for traffic once you get to Denver lol... 9 hours if you account for getting stuck behind a tractor somewhere in western Kansas). That's the closest things are going to get to the evil that is Kansas!

PLEEZ MOMMY, I WANNA GOOOOOOO!!!
      ~*The only thing we know for sure is that we believe.*~

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
        I am. You going Lisa?

I wonder if Holiday Inn at Bannock Street still has rooms?

I just saw Ken LaDeaux yesterday. He gave me a lot of history on the Denver Powwow. He's a good guy.
        Yes.......I plan on going WhoMe

I don't know if Holiday Inn still has rooms, but if you find out, let me know, okay? Thanks.......

WHHOO-HOOO.........C U DERR WHOME!!
        lisaironmaker

Comment

Yes.......I plan on going WhoMe

I don't know if Holiday Inn still has rooms, but if you find out, let me know, okay? Thanks.......

WHHOO-HOOO.........C U DERR WHOME!!

Lisa,

Well, it looks like just you and me are going for sure. I'm sure just the two of us can have a blast!

I booked my room at the Holiday Inn yesterday!
          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I was noting on the Denver March web site that contesting dancers must have 1/4 bq to participate. I was curious to know if other major powwows (GON, NMAI) have similar rules (I didn't see anything like that on their sites, though).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
              I was noting on the Denver March web site that contesting dancers must have 1/4 bq to participate. I was curious to know if other major powwows (GON, NMAI) have similar rules (I didn't see anything like that on their sites, though).
              ... I think it meant they must have atleast 1/4 Sioux Blood... just kidding just kidding jokes jokes jokes ... lots of Sioux's at this one though, ennit? And don't put words in my mouth or misconstrue my remark as saying it's a bad thing or anything bad at all. I am not Anti-L/N/Dakota Oyate.

Anyway I thought it was funny.

Comment

I told the committee I'd be there.....so I purdy much better go! It's gonna be a goot one so ya'll better be there too!!
                "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hank_Shelton View Post
                  ... I think it meant they must have atleast 1/4 Sioux Blood... just kidding just kidding jokes jokes jokes ... lots of Sioux's at this one though, ennit? And don't put words in my mouth or misconstrue my remark as saying it's a bad thing or anything bad at all. I am not Anti-L/N/Dakota Oyate.

Lakotah's rule ennit??? jk jk..I don't know..what you mean by that remark..but..
                  "Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                    Lisa,

Well, it looks like just you and me are going for sure. I'm sure just the two of us can have a blast!

I booked my room at the Holiday Inn yesterday!
                    Heck yeah man........you and I for sure..........we'll have to get 2gether and well.........you know.............Holiday Inn, huh? I'll have to give em a call too! can't wait to see you WhoMe.........

can't wait to go....safe travels everyone and c u all derr!
                    lisaironmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Hank_Shelton View Post

I'm out of luck, then, because as far as I know there's not a drop of Sioux blood in my body...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                        does it mean u have to be enrolled with a tribe?

Comment

Medicine Tail will be there!, and as a drum group, we are denver march virgins lol
                          www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

goin for broke...

Yeah, still plannin' on taking the Fam to this one and going totally broke...ahh! pay to park, pay to walk in, pay to use the bathroom....zzzzeeee, but why not? pay for it all..., but gotta go mingle with the pow wow peeps, family and dance to all the good intertribals...oh yeah, and support the head northern judge, you know that one guy from ShoshonKnee country over thurr...in the windy area... some George guy....
                            Don't forget why you dance.......to make otherz feel goot!----from the North...

Comment

A Few Bros made it 2 Denver.....I've never been....

Ironic enough they made it as far as the 9.....MIA all weekend.....
                              "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X