Kansas Powwows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas Powwows

Does anybody know about any 2007 powwows in kansas? I live very close to wichita. can anybody help me?
    Come together, right now....Over me.

Well, here’s the tentative 2007 schedule for KANSAS! I just threw together like ten minutes go. Lol I had a heck of a time trying to find the dates for this year but I’m fairly sure they’re all correct unless otherwise stated. :P These are all the ones that I can think of as of now.

April 5-7 – University of Kansas Annual Powwow in Lawrence, KS. I went to this one a couple years back. It was pretty goot.

April 7 – All Nations Native American Powwow in Arkansas City, KS

April 21 – Inter-tribal Powwow in Coffeyville, KS I’ve heard good things about this one plus its close to Wichita.

May 19-20 – Powwow and Mountain Man Rendezvous in Wichita, KS at the Mid-American All Indian Center

June 8-10 - Prairie Band Pottawatomie Nation Powwow in Mayetta, KS on the Prairie Band Rez. I went to this one last year and it was fantastic!

June 16 – Kaw Valley Intertribal in Council Grove, KS This one goes on during the city’s Wa Shun Gah days so there’s other fun stuff to do if you don’t just want to powwow.

July 20-22 – Kickapoo Powwow Days in Horton, KS on the Kickapoo Rez. I went to this one last year and it was great!!!… but very very hot weather. Lol

August 24-26 - Sac & Fox Annual Powwow in Powhattan, KS. This one is way up North and not too close to Wichita. Lol

August 31-September 2 - 17th Annual Traditional Intertribal Powwow at Lake Shawnee in Topeka, KS. I went to this one last year and I think it’s a good powwow for people who are unfamiliar with powwows but I had more fun playing in the lake, I think. :P

September 21-23 – Mid-American All Indian Center Annual Powwow in Wichita, KS. I was born in Wichita and this was my very first powwow. I went to it every year for the first 14 years of my life. Back then it was my favorite! I haven’t been to it in a LONG time. *sigh*

September 21-23 – Iowa Tribe Powwow in White Cloud, KS. I don’t know if this information is right. I went to this one a long while back.

September 28-29 – Standing Bear Powwow in Ponca City, OK. This powwow is just South of Wichita. Once in a while, the family and I would wander across the border to Oklahoma. You might want to look for some powwows down there since they might be closer actually; unfortunately, a lot of the Kansas powwows are kind of far North of Wichita. I don’t know the Oklahoma powwow circuit that well so I can’t really help. Sorry!

November 1 – We-Ta-Se Veterans Powwow in Mayetta, Kansas (Prairie Band Nation). I always miss this one because of Final Exams. :P

November 2 – Cherokee Veterans Powwow in Topeka, KS at Washburn University. This is last year’s date. I go to it every year but mainly because my mom works at the University. :P This powwow is very… Cherokee. Lol

Tada! Well, this was actually good for me to do because now I can plan out my powwows for this year! :P
    ~*The only thing we know for sure is that we believe.*~

Comment

thank you very much for the dates, i appreciate it.

Comment

I just wanted to add one more to your list.

March 31: Caney Valley, KS- Indian Education Powwow. This should be a good one because they have a keen head staff and contest dancing. It will be at the high school gym.
        We will be known forever by the tracks we leave..Dakota leader.

Comment

thank u

Comment

Originally posted by JinglnCrazyLilBird View Post
            Well, here’s the tentative 2007 schedule for KANSAS! I just threw together like ten minutes go. Lol I had a heck of a time trying to find the dates for this year but I’m fairly sure they’re all correct unless otherwise stated. :P These are all the ones that I can think of as of now.

April 5-7 – University of Kansas Annual Powwow in Lawrence, KS. I went to this one a couple years back. It was pretty goot.

April 7 – All Nations Native American Powwow in Arkansas City, KS

April 21 – Inter-tribal Powwow in Coffeyville, KS I’ve heard good things about this one plus its close to Wichita.

May 19-20 – Powwow and Mountain Man Rendezvous in Wichita, KS at the Mid-American All Indian Center

June 8-10 - Prairie Band Pottawatomie Nation Powwow in Mayetta, KS on the Prairie Band Rez. I went to this one last year and it was fantastic!

June 16 – Kaw Valley Intertribal in Council Grove, KS This one goes on during the city’s Wa Shun Gah days so there’s other fun stuff to do if you don’t just want to powwow.

July 20-22 – Kickapoo Powwow Days in Horton, KS on the Kickapoo Rez. I went to this one last year and it was great!!!… but very very hot weather. Lol

August 24-26 - Sac & Fox Annual Powwow in Powhattan, KS. This one is way up North and not too close to Wichita. Lol

August 31-September 2 - 17th Annual Traditional Intertribal Powwow at Lake Shawnee in Topeka, KS. I went to this one last year and I think it’s a good powwow for people who are unfamiliar with powwows but I had more fun playing in the lake, I think. :P

September 21-23 – Mid-American All Indian Center Annual Powwow in Wichita, KS. I was born in Wichita and this was my very first powwow. I went to it every year for the first 14 years of my life. Back then it was my favorite! I haven’t been to it in a LONG time. *sigh*

September 21-23 – Iowa Tribe Powwow in White Cloud, KS. I don’t know if this information is right. I went to this one a long while back.

September 28-29 – Standing Bear Powwow in Ponca City, OK. This powwow is just South of Wichita. Once in a while, the family and I would wander across the border to Oklahoma. You might want to look for some powwows down there since they might be closer actually; unfortunately, a lot of the Kansas powwows are kind of far North of Wichita. I don’t know the Oklahoma powwow circuit that well so I can’t really help. Sorry!

November 1 – We-Ta-Se Veterans Powwow in Mayetta, Kansas (Prairie Band Nation). I always miss this one because of Final Exams. :P

November 2 – Cherokee Veterans Powwow in Topeka, KS at Washburn University. This is last year’s date. I go to it every year but mainly because my mom works at the University. :P This powwow is very… Cherokee. Lol

Tada! Well, this was actually good for me to do because now I can plan out my powwows for this year! :P
            Hello my friend! you dont know me, but i saw where you said you went to the powwows at the MAAIC in Wichita as a child. So did i with my grandparents, unfortunatly the city owns the MAAIC now and the powwows are almost next to nothing now. We try to go every year still, but usually end up disappointed. All the elders are gone and no new blood and the city makes the powwows end at 10pm. But we still go and see the same old 20 dancers :( . But the last one wasnt too bad.
            .sigpichttp://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/jwashee

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.