Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats to the Northern and Southern Champs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Northern and Southern Champs!

Shout out to Hok and The Boyz for being the 2007 Northern Singing Champs!! 2nd Place was Meskwaki Nation, 3rd was Warscout, 4th was High Noon and 5th place was Midnite Express....Shout out to Sizzortail for being the 2007 Southern Singing Champs and to 2nd place Thunder Hill, 3rd place Southern Boyz, 4th Cozad and 5th Wild Band of Comanches. It was a wonderful weekend recording all of these great drums...see ya at the next powwow..

Send me a copy of the recordings!! LOL (Alexan said "tell my uncle to HURRY!")

LOL

Comment

anyone know what other drums were present other than the winners??

Comment

Battle River, Perfect Storm, Stoney Creek, Thundering Spirit, Little Island Cree, Starfeather, Yellowface, Eyahay Nakoda

Comment

After Their 2nd song....

I knew the Boyz were gonna take it....They sounded Cho! Heard Sizzortail sing a couple and they were on point too.....Good job Big Dad....
          "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Hey Coyote, did the Boyz sound like their old style that they had "back then"?

If they did........... no wonder they won. They were awesome in their younger years. Many of the drums started mimicking their style.

I got some tapes of them from awhile back and they just made everyone want to dance. The true spirit of the drum.

Comment

Ki.....

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii View Post

If they did........... no wonder they won. They were awesome in their younger years. Many of the drums started mimicking their style.

I got some tapes of them from awhile back and they just made everyone want to dance. The true spirit of the drum.
              How ya doing Buddy? Be sure and tell the Mrs. and your Family I said hello....

Just with any group....they grow....Folks come and folks go...Hokie has maintained that sound....Hey any given Sunday, so the sound on any group can differ...I know its tough to travel with a solid crew....Hok does get around and they were on their game @ Gathering....Their back up was tough too....Hands down they deserved it...
              "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Actually The Boyz seemed as though they began mimicking the sound and style of Eyabay back in their early days. But dang...they sure can rock the house.

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii View Post

Comment

What?

Originally posted by Kiiwedinong View Post
                  Actually The Boyz seemed as though they began mimicking the sound and style of Eyabay back in their early days. But dang...they sure can rock the house.
                  I don't agree with that.....At all....Yes there are Eyabay "posers" out there, but not the Boyz.....Contemp singing is going to have some distinct similarities, but Eyabay is one of a kind.....The Boyz have their own distinct style as well....Yes some singers have sung with both groups...Is that what your referring to?

It just gets me when certain things get tossed in the wood pile.....

Comment

congratz to Mesquakie nation...I enjoy your spirit of singing..and happy that you won..and are being recognized for your awesome singin...keep it up..
                    "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Originally posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
                      I don't agree with that.....At all....Yes there are Eyabay "posers" out there, but not the Boyz.....Contemp singing is going to have some distinct similarities, but Eyabay is one of a kind.....The Boyz have their own distinct style as well....Yes some singers have sung with both groups...Is that what your referring to?

It just gets me when certain things get tossed in the wood pile.....
                      I was just refering that in their early days The Boyz sounded a bit like Eyabay. But now days they do have their own sound.

Comment

Early days....Pre teens...

Originally posted by Kiiwedinong View Post
                        I was just refering that in their early days The Boyz sounded a bit like Eyabay. But now days they do have their own sound.
                        Cause you do know The Boyz have been around for a while....I'm not trying to argue niig i'm just not agreeing...Dats all...Makes it interesting huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
                          Cause you do know The Boyz have been around for a while....I'm not trying to argue niig i'm just not agreeing...Dats all...Makes it interesting huh?
                          From what I remember Eyabay was already winning singing contests on a consistent basis while The Boyz where winning here and there. Yeah The Boyz have been around for awhile but I'm pretty sure Eyabay came out before them by about two or three years...maybe even longer.

I aint trynna argue either bro. Its all good. Just good honest opinions on stuff. No harm intended.

Comment

I agree with Yote. The Boyz had their own sound. And it was awesome.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.