X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherOkee

Memorial..day....INFO????????
    bucwild2012

memorial Day will be May 26 - 27 AD RG Harris, Dance judge Will Tushka, Drum Judge Duck Lossiah, Host N Drum Eagle Flight, Host So Drum Soldier Creek, MC Rob Daugherty FMI call Loretta 828-497-8128

4th of July Info
    July 6-8 MC Manny King, AD Ray Kingfisher, Dance Judge Bostic Locklear, Drum Judge Aaron Hogner, Host N Drum Awohali, Host So Drum Soldier Creek FMI call Loretta 828-497-8128
    Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

forgot to put
      for the 4th of July pow wow
      we are holding the Daniel French Memorial Mens Fancy Dance special again this year 1K to the winner

Comment

hey can women dance mens fancy n enter that special?
        wambli ob'mani

Comment

never been asked that before - If you are in complete fancy feather dance gear - and are registered to dance - I would guess so

but this is in honor of my sons dad who was a mens fancy feather dancer....
          i cannot say yeah or nor, will ask him and his uncles about this

Comment

The brothers have said if in full fancy feather gear, then they had no problem with it

Comment

okie day....thankz...me n my cousin my try it out. see if we can hang wit da men like dem womens bak in da day did.
              wambli ob'mani

Comment

we welcome you and your cousin :)

Comment

so did anyone make it down this past weekend for the 4th?
                  what did you think of the pow wow?
                  Congrats to Gabe Bullock for winning the Daniel French Memorial Comp!!!

Also GREAT drumming by everyone!

Comment

I had a good time at this powwow, and the singing was good overall. One of the drums had troubles all weekend with rushing their honor beats and singing onbeat, but I won't embarrass them here. I had a great time dancing, visiting, and listening to some nice songs.

The French Family put on a wonderful special, and thanks for asking me to be a part of it by helping to judge.

I hate that this pow wow charges admission, doesn't feed, has no committee giveaway, and is overall a money-grubbing event, but I still had fun. LOL
                    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

My 2 cents worth

Bostic: Ron would be so proud of the great job you did. Judy and I both noticed that.

Committee...Can we PLEASE dance on real earth and not that concrete, it kills your feet. It would be nice to feed the dancers and drummers, some travel many miles to get there.

I admitt, I was suprised the committee didint do a memorial song for Ron being that he work at that powwow as long as I can remember.

The straight dancers were the best I've seen in a long time.
                      That song was off the chain. Who song that first song for them? Great job!
                      Rainbow

Comment

i thought the judging was a little biased, shoulda had more of a variety than just people from the same place and that those same people judged both days and that teens were judging adults when there was enuff adults around to judge, also most communities dont allow there own people from the home town to contest but hey politics always play a role anymore in powwows in general, otherwise i had a good time.
                        Last edited by shinobmatt; 07-10-2007, 06:05 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

i thought the judging was a little biased, shoulda had more of a variety than just people from the same place and that those same people judged both days and that teens were judging adults when there was enuff adults around to judge

This may be one reason that people stay away. It's okay tho'.
                          The same people can really enjoy each others company and can look forward to having the same great time as they did the previous year. It's all good.

Comment

Winners

Northern Drum: 1st – Kau-Ta-Noh Jrs., 2nd – Eagle Watch, 3rd – Birdtown Crossing

Southern Drum: 1st – Southern Eagle, 2nd – Southern Hills Singers Jr., 3rd – Medicine Dog

Men’s Golden Age: 1st – Rick Bottchenbaugh Sr., 2nd – Darryll Bird, 3rd – Jonathan Jones

Men’s Traditional: 1st – Antonio Grant, 2nd – Osceola Mullin, 3rd – Anthony Lett

Men’s Straight: 1st – Robert Tramper, 2nd – Randy Frazier, 3rd – Victor Tanchawwickah

Men’s Grass: 1st- Micah Swimmer, 2nd – Rusty Gillette, 3rd – Bronson Haywahe

Men’s Fancy: 1st – Daniel Tramper, 2nd – Gabe Bullock, 3rd – Eric Bird

Women’s Golden Age: 1st – Bernice Bottchenbaugh, 2nd – Martha Jones, 3rd – Sharon Partin

Women’s Northern Traditional: 1st – Jodi Gillette, 2nd – Misty Blue Mesteth, 3rd – Melissa Montoya

Women’s Southern Traditional: 1st – Tina Mullin, 2nd – Nicole Plumley, 3rd – Felicia Littlecreek

Women’s Jingle: 1st- Shenelle Feather, 2nd – Jennifer Partin, 3rd – Keredith Owens

Women’s Fancy: 1st – Jocy Bird, 2nd – Georgena Haywahe, 3rd – Shibabe Hodge

Teen Boy’s Traditional: 1st – Patrick Greene, 2nd – Sean Corey Jones Jr., 3rd – Mitchell Ledford

Teen Boy’s Grass: 1st – Skylar Bottchenbaugh, 2nd – Trey Bullock, 3rd – Skyler LeBeau

Teen Boy’s Fancy: 1st – Justin Locklear, 2nd – Cheyenne Arneach, 3rd – Brian Armachain

Teen Girl’s Traditional: 1st – Kele Crisp

Teen Girl’s Jingle: 1st – Shauni Bird, 2nd – Ashenie Pheasant, 3rd – Karleigh Paul

Teen Girl’s Fancy: 1st – Shakyra Bottchenbaugh, 2nd – Amanda Grant

Jr. Boy’s Traditional: 1st- Seneca Locklear, 2nd – Timothy Jones, 3rd – Rick Bottchenbaugh

Jr. Boy’s Grass: 1st – Joseph Terry, 2nd – Jonathan Fox, 3rd – Jesus Rodriquez Jr.

Jr. Boy’s Fancy: 1st – Jon Jon Jumper, 3rd – Kenneth Smith

Jr. Girl’s Traditional: 1st – Lacy Haywahe

Jr. Girl’s Jingle: 1st – Melah Perkins, 2nd – Taylor Mullin, 3rd – Rosa Rodriquez

Jr. Girl’s Fancy: 1st – Shaundene Grant, 2nd – Angelina Jumper, 3rd – Fancy Rose Partin

Dance Specials
                            Two Step: Antonio Grant and Melissa Montoya
                            Chicken Dance: Rusty Gillette
                            Grass Dance: Rusty Gillette
                            Fancy Shawl: Jocy Bird
                            Women’s Smoke: 1st – Keredith Owens, 2nd – Shenelle Feather
                            Men’s Smoke: 1st – Eric Bird, 2nd – Seneca Locklear
                            Daniel French Memorial Fancy Dance: Gabe Bullock
                            Gina George Jingle Special – Josie Starr
                            I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Congrats everyone!!!! haha sounds like a good outcome...i assume everyone had fun...wish i coulda been here...
                              bucwild2012

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X