Hypothetical Pow-wow Situation #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Pow-wow Situation #2

At this pow-wow we're expecting thousands of people. Why? Because we have thousands and thousands of dollars up for prize money---for singers and dancers. So anyway it's this HUGE pow-wow. The problem? The weather is unpredictable and the arbor does not have a roof.What are we gonna do if the pow-wow gets rained out? You know those vendors are gonna be fight'n mad if we move the pow-wow indoors and they're just sit'n out there with no people to sell to.I know there are lots brainy skinz out there with some workable solutions.....so let's see what we can come up with........
    "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Sh** happens. Vendors have to face the possibility that they may get screwed sometimes, it is a chance they take at every powwow. Ive seen it happen.

I have also seen dancers and drums get it too.
    There are 2 types of people in the world...
    Really stupid people who think they are smart
    and
    Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

How much time between now and the powwow?

Build some roofs on the arbors.

Otherwise, it always good business practice
      to have waivers of responsibility,
      due to "acts of God" on your
      vendor's applications and
      registration forms, etc.

You know, the usual verbage,
      "...not responsible for weather delays,
      divorces, etc..." whatever you want to
      add to CYA.
      That way vendor's know the deal
      "up front."

Goot luck.
      Last edited by Veon; 06-01-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

rent a tent

Comment

give away free umbrella hats....J/k
          "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Originally posted by Veon View Post
            How much time between now and the powwow?

Build some roofs on the arbors.

Otherwise, it always good business practice
            to have waivers of responsibility,
            due to "acts of God" on your
            vendor's applications and
            registration forms, etc.

You know, the usual verbage,
            "...not responsible for weather delays,
            divorces, etc..." whatever you want to
            add to CYA.
            That way vendor's know the deal
            "up front."

Goot luck.
            We could do something like Usk, WA with that parachute action. We'd have to put in a tall center pole and run cables from the shade to the center pole then put the parachute over it (we'd need a real BIG parachute tho'---about 100' diameter). Let's say we have about 4 weeks 'til showtime. I like the idea of having those vendors sign a waiver....that's some real goot advice!

Comment

Originally posted by middle of the sky View Post
              rent a tent
              Yeah I've danced in some BIG tents...like @ Schemitzun. I've also dance in some crazy small tents like Mission, BC.....we'd march from one end to the other, then turn around in place and march back...hu-hu!A massive HUGE tent.....hummmm.....not a bad idea. MOTS ya never cease to amaze me;

Comment

where I'm from we just dance in the rain, except last year when it hailed at Hiawatha, we went under a tent but not till we were done grand entry, Tent didn't have enough room so we went back out, feet were cold since the hail didn't melt but we'd rather dance & laugh about it later!! this year at Hiawatha we had beautiful weather. I agree an act of god clause & tell them all to toughen up
                Suzze
                Please excuse any typos, I just got home from work.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.