What pow-wow will you go to June 22-24, 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furiously-Fancy
    PowWows.com Addicts
    • Mar 2003

What pow-wow will you go to June 22-24, 2007?

Three real goot ones all in the same weekend....

Eastern Shoshone Indian Days, Fort Washakie, WY

St.Crioux, MN (Sp?)

Muckleshoot, WA
    Fort Washakie
    34.78%
    St. Crioux
    21.74%
    Muckleshoot
    43.48%

The poll is expired.

"I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"
  • DANTS
    Junior Dancer
    • Jun 2005

Fort Wash is waaay closer 4 me ;)
    "DANTS in beauty!"

Comment

• DANTS
      Junior Dancer
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DANTS View Post
      Fort Wash is waaay closer 4 me ;)
      ....and with an MC like Jason Goodstriker, you can't go wrong...also I heard the money's up over $100,000!!
      "DANTS in beauty!"

Comment

• MAD SKILLZ
        Junior Dancer
        • Jun 2005

Singing contest @ Fort Washakie is $10,000 for 1st place and they have a chicken dance special for $4,000!!

Comment

• Dat1NdnGuy
          Aint Dat Sumptin?
          • Aug 2002

Totally kick booty!!...I cant wait

Muckleshoot Veterans Association 6th Annual Powwow
          June 22, 23 and 24, 2007
          Muckleshoot Powwow Grounds
          172nd Ave SE & SE 392nd St
          Auburn, WA 98092
          Kelvin Frank (253)797-7738

Details:

Host Drums:
          Northern Cree (Canadian Host)
          Meskwaki Nation (American Host)
          MC's:
          Dave Browneagle
          Jerry Menninick
          Biggest Contest Powwow in the Puget Sound region.
          Adult categories $1,200 first place across the board.
          Specials:

Cameron Hawley-Johnston Memorial Men's 18+ Grass Special (1st-$2,000+Jacket+Trophy; 2nd/3rd-Cash Prizes+Jackets+Trophies; 4th-7th-Cash Prizes+Trophies)
          Cameron Hawley-Johnson Memorial Boys' 10 & under Grass (3 places)
          Men's Fancy $2,000 winner take all (3 consolations)
          Women's Jingle $1,500 winner take all (3 consolations)
          Other specials TBA
          New Muckleshoot Powwow Grounds, SE of intersection. 27 acre camping area. Shower buildings. Limited water hookups. Motels and major grocery stores within 10 minutes in Enumclaw or Auburn.
          "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

• Dat1NdnGuy
            Aint Dat Sumptin?
            • Aug 2002

Plus Mucklshoots got Chiggin/roundbustle in its own category...!!!

Not to mention that a baddazz powwow like Treaty Days over in whiteswan is the weekend before...wiff Warscout and Wildrose as host and a ton o' specials.
            Last edited by Dat1NdnGuy; 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM.
            "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

Comment

• *Brown Eyed Gurl*
              Granny:)
              • Mar 2004

Muckleshoot eh Mots

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
              When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

• WocusWoman
                N8tiffUmatillaMAMA
                • Feb 2004

Theres a nice little powwow in Klamath Falls Oregon that weekend I believe, put on by the Klamath Alcohol and Drug treatment center.

Comment

• Furiously-Fancy
                  PowWows.com Addicts
                  • Mar 2003

Fort Washakie has Chicken as a separtae category, Northern Buckskin/Warbonnet is also separate. Fort Washakie will also have women's Southern Traditional, Men's Southern Straight and Men's Southern fancy. Cozad is supposed to be there along with Omaho Whitetail and Battle River.If I wasn't hosting a bunch of company I'd like to try out the Men's Fancy Special in Muckleshoot or the 35 & over Men's Fancy @ St.Crioux.

Comment

• Dat1NdnGuy
                    Aint Dat Sumptin?
                    • Aug 2002

I'm pretty sure theres still southern categorys...We don't get a whole lotta southern folks around here. We did one year, but it was a diff committee and they made everyone dance in a friggin MONSOON!...lol. The arena was just one big puddle. so I aint seen alotta them folks here since...which sux, because I love me some southern Jams and danca's. I'm glad this years Muck, will be @ the new grounds tho. I hear alotta good stuff about it, and its under a BIG ol tent... so YAY.

Muck's got drum contest....but i'm not sure of the payout, never really checked into it.

Comment

• Furiously-Fancy
                      PowWows.com Addicts
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dat1NdnGuy View Post
                      I'm pretty sure theres still southern categorys...We don't get a whole lotta southern folks around here. We did one year, but it was a diff committee and they made everyone dance in a friggin MONSOON!...lol. The arena was just one big puddle. so I aint seen alotta them folks here since...which sux, because I love me some southern Jams and danca's. I'm glad this years Muck, will be @ the new grounds tho. I hear alotta good stuff about it, and its under a BIG ol tent... so YAY.

Muck's got drum contest....but i'm not sure of the payout, never really checked into it.
                      Weather is a major concern @ Fort Washakie. One day we'll have a BIG fancy cover too.....for now we'll hope & pray for the best.

Comment

• Furiously-Fancy
                        PowWows.com Addicts
                        • Mar 2003

No more vacancy for vendors @ Fort Washakie........this could be a sign. Usually vendor space is not completely reserved until the week of the celebration....this could be a sign ; )

Comment

• ndnMSW
                          Teen Dancer
                          • Mar 2005

I hope all goes well for you FF up at Ft. Washakie....that's a powwow we would love to attend sometime, but not this year. I have to go on travel the Monday after that weekend so we will be staying home....lol. Plus our babies are so small yet, we have to stay closer to home. Good luck, I hope you have a great turnout....and good weather!

Comment

• Furiously-Fancy
                            PowWows.com Addicts
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ndnMSW View Post
                            I hope all goes well for you FF up at Ft. Washakie....that's a powwow we would love to attend sometime, but not this year. I have to go on travel the Monday after that weekend so we will be staying home....lol. Plus our babies are so small yet, we have to stay closer to home. Good luck, I hope you have a great turnout....and good weather!
                            Thanks for the well wishes. You take care of those babies. I know how it is--first things first. I hope your endeavors are fulfilled in a GOOD way.

Hopefully Fort Washakie keeps getting bigger and better, so when you make it out here it's better than ever!

Comment

• ntownn8ive
                              As you can see...
                              • Sep 2005

Heard bunches of good stuff about Ft. Washakie, good powwow grounds, lotsa green grass, good $$$, not too many rattlesnakes, Aye! Never made it down there. Just in the past years, too, it seems like Muckleshoot and Ft. Washakie will always be on the same weekends.

Muckleshoot has a powwow each month in the summer, June, July and Aug. However, we've only gone to this one in June. This year the July Muckleshoot powwow is competing with July'amsh in Post Falls, ID, too. But, with the new grounds in Muckleshoot, we might decide to go back; I've heard their pretty kewl.

Oh well, safe travels where ever everyone's headin'!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.