Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

61st Annual Navajo Nation Fair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 61st Annual Navajo Nation Fair

    September 7-9, 2007

    61st Annual Navajo Nation Fair Contest Pow Wow

    Location: Navajo Nation Fairgrounds, Window Rock, Arizona.

    Contact: 928-871-7055, 928-871-6478

    www.navajonationfair.com.

  • #2
    There is a new committee organizing the contest powwow this year ... and you know what that means.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was surfing the net yesterday and I came across a flyer for this powwow but now I can't seem to find it!!!!.....but from what I read, Hal Eagletail was the MC and the drum contest was split in 2 categories Northern and Southern with first being $5000 each and 6 places in both....I wonder if the same committee frm NDN time is putting this on...but just letting you all know what I saw, now if I could remember where I seen it then I'll post it.....anyway.......
      sigpic

      ...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

      Comment


      • #4
        oh yeah, the flyer had Wanda Nelson as the contact so if any of you know her, ask her what's up......
        sigpic

        ...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 50cal View Post
          I was surfing the net yesterday and I came across a flyer for this powwow but now I can't seem to find it!!!!.....but from what I read, Hal Eagletail was the MC and the drum contest was split in 2 categories Northern and Southern with first being $5000 each and 6 places in both....I wonder if the same committee frm NDN time is putting this on...but just letting you all know what I saw, now if I could remember where I seen it then I'll post it.....anyway.......
          lol on NDN Time!

          The MC and the payout for the drum contests sound like a typical range for the Southern Ute powwow which happens at the same time.

          No one seems to be available to answer telephone calls or even return calls to messages left on their answering machines.
          Last edited by xTekno; 07-20-2007, 05:04 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 50cal View Post
            I was surfing the net yesterday and I came across a flyer for this powwow but now I can't seem to find it!!!!.....but from what I read, Hal Eagletail was the MC and the drum contest was split in 2 categories Northern and Southern with first being $5000 each and 6 places in both....I wonder if the same committee frm NDN time is putting this on...but just letting you all know what I saw, now if I could remember where I seen it then I'll post it.....anyway.......
            Hey everyone, this is the real deal. I have seen the real flyer, not the internet one. This year's powwow should be a good one, thanks to a new coordinator with mucho better connections. The committee really does have the $$. I'll have to check to see if they are going to post a flyer on here.

            I'm planning on going and this year spectating.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post

              No one seems to be available to answer telephone calls or even return calls to messages left on their answering machines.

              LMAO! That's cuz you are calling the Fair Office contact. Good luck trying to get a live person.

              Are you doing sound?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
                LMAO! That's cuz you are calling the Fair Office contact. Good luck trying to get a live person.

                Are you doing sound?
                Hey K-Mom, how are you doing? It has been awhile since I've seen any of your posts.

                Mr. K called me one time and we talked briefly. He asked that I call him back and I've never been able to connect with him since then. I left messages at his home in Ft. D. and in NM as well as on his cell phone.

                I have no other way to get in contact with him or anyone else on the committee.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ill be around this year again. mostly ill be at the rodeo with some visits to the pw grounds. i realy wanted to be more involved at this pw but it never worked out.
                  thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

                  *RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                    Hey K-Mom, how are you doing? It has been awhile since I've seen any of your posts.

                    Mr. K called me one time and we talked briefly. He asked that I call him back and I've never been able to connect with him since then. I left messages at his home in Ft. D. and in NM as well as on his cell phone.

                    I have no other way to get in contact with him or anyone else on the committee.
                    I've been so busy with work, I haven't even had a chance to get on pw.com and browse, let alone post. Hopefully I'll have more time in a few more weeks. See ya around!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                      Hey K-Mom, how are you doing? It has been awhile since I've seen any of your posts.

                      Mr. K called me one time and we talked briefly. He asked that I call him back and I've never been able to connect with him since then. I left messages at his home in Ft. D. and in NM as well as on his cell phone.

                      I have no other way to get in contact with him or anyone else on the committee.

                      Good luck......LOL. Actually, I see him almost every weekend at powwows here and there. I know he's been travelling alot. He wan't there in WR this weekend for the vet powwow he probably was in Dulce. Anyhow, next time I talk to him or see him i'll tell him he better get in touch with ya or else...haahha.

                      Oh yeah, this year will be the last year for the grass special the Owen's family is putting on. Gonna be some slammin dancers there. Keep it goin.........
                      You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......


                      EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
                      [email protected]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nezbah View Post
                        Oh yeah, this year will be the last year for the grass special the Owen's family is putting on. Gonna be some slammin dancers there. Keep it goin.........
                        Oh I'm so glad to hear that. Yup each year this special gets better and better. So all you grass dancers head to NNF!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          so who is the host drums? how bout at so.ute fair? nebody kno the host drums
                          ~.~ A friend is~.~

                          " someone who can sing the song in your heart, even when you have forgotten the words...;)"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ummmmm!!!

                            Interesting!
                            Everyone is busy, busy in Window Rock area.
                            Happy Trails!....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tiBBy View Post
                              so who is the host drums? how bout at so.ute fair? nebody kno the host drums
                              I think the trend these days is to put all available funds into a singing contest and select drums to be designated host drums each session rather than bring in host drums for the entire event.

                              This would cut down on lodging and travel expenses as well as other unforseen expenses that can come up no matter how well you plan a powwow.

                              Hopefully, there will be more of the local drums participating this year. They all seem to disappear whenever the fair comes around.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Loading...

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X