No announcement yet.

**== National Powwow 2007 ==**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even dance and I'm still trying to get caught up on my rest...lol.

I had a blast in DC, even with a bum wheel....hehe. I got to judge one night and finally got to watch other dancers unencumbered (meaning my babies fell asleep while I judged). It was really a nice powwow. At times I'm really anxious to get this boot off and dance again, but then again I'm kinda enjoying my down time. This is one weekend where I'm glad I didn't dance just so I could enjoy the rest of the powwow and not get caught up in the hectic pace of trying to compete.

It was nice to see Whome and see that he is doing so well...I really hope they have another powwow in the future. Glad to see Ol' Girl and her hubby, and congrats to Ki on placing in golden age!

Comment

I missed meeting everyone

I can't believe the list of names I am hearing was there. I think next time the MC should call for ALL the powwows.comers to take a pic. I was on the stage the majority of the time entering info and didn't get to see anyone hardly. I have some really good pics but it will take time to download them because of my slow connection but I do have them on shutterfly if anyone is interested just lemme know. (I can do shutterfly at work but powwows.com is BLOCKED! What were they thinking )
      Becky B.

Comment

thats messed up that stoney creek beat mandaree..........dang like they always say its the judges.....
        "Go Make Sweat!!!" -Sonny Kennedy- 2003

don't get mad at me im just a critic

Comment

Is there a list of all the winners yet including juniors and teens?
          ~*PowWows.com Princess 2006-2007*~

Comment

Originally posted by CloudN9ne View Post
            thats messed up that stoney creek beat mandaree..........dang like they always say its the judges.....
            Stoney Creek was rocking! They deserved 1st!
            New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
              Stoney Creek was rocking! They deserved 1st!

Amen to the amen on that one, boss man... they were rocking....
              Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Videos

Paul,

Are the videos up and running yet?
                SouthernDrumSinger

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernDrumSinger View Post
                  Paul,

Are the videos up and running yet?
                  I have some finished. I'll upload them in the morning.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I agree. Stoney Creek was blasting all weekend long and not only cuz my daughter was singing with them either they really were rocking.

And I also agree that 'someone' should announce to all pw.commers to meet on stage somewhere for a pic. I was there and went and said Hi to Dennis because I heard his name and went and found him. LOL. Nice meeting you! I went back for a pic but could not find ya.
                    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Are we going to see Stoney Creek at Morongo on the powwows.com webcast?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Heya Becky! Miika tried to send word up to ya that we were there at Nationals... I also (according to Miika) drove right passed yer Ma but didn't see her.

I agree - there should be an announcement or something so all the pw.commers can meet up somewhere or at least let out a yell. I was surprised that more pw.commers didn't find us - Miika was in all the GEs and I even had a banner with my avi on it hanging off the back of my chair :-P Plus they had all of us wheelies corralled in a roped off area on the opposite end of the arena from the MC table for most of the pw.

We did get to talk to Erica briefly and saw a lot of local "ish" folks we know, including Becky from Richmond and her husband (they were there for part of Saturday). The drums were great - especially Battle River. The touristas added the usual humor/aggravation (like setting up tripods in the arena to take pictures of people during intertribals :-P). Miika has posted most of the pix we took on her google picsa account - I still have 30-40 left to go through (cheap camera means a few minutes in PhotoShop per each to balance color, contrast, etc). Here is the URL for the pix: Picasa Web Albums - moonwolf - National Poww...

All-in-all National was a great pw for sure - now we're getting ready for BAIC the 24th-26th. Then it's GMU on Oct 8 (Miika will probably be doing color guard with PGR for that one) and NMAI is having another pw this year on the mall in mid-November (nothing on their website about it yet).
                        Last edited by between2worlds; 08-16-2007, 07:16 AM. Reason: added URL for pw pix

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                          Are we going to see Stoney Creek at Morongo on the powwows.com webcast?
                          Didn't know they were planing on making the trip! Hope they do! I'll definitely put them on the webcast!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

good job many voice!!!!

look out next year for grass-eagle too set-up..since a few singers had too work this year.
                            sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

Videos are online!

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...ry.php?cat=575

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                                Kelli and I had a great time. It was great seeing all the PowWows.com'ers. Wish we could have met more of you.
                                Hey it was nice to meet you and kelli! i kinda thought that was you standing on the edge of the dance arena! anywho! the powwow was rock'n

i sure hope they add smoke as a category when & if they have it again! people dancing in powwow categories and smoke dance special kinda got the run around about their dance #'s i think it was just abit of a mix up somehow.
                                if u ask me, i think smoke was one of the biggest categories there @ DC. not sure hom many dancers ? does anyone remember how many dancers were in the smoke special?
                                -[]-[ ]-/\-[ ]-[]-

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X