• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eap7
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
    eap,

That is just TERRIBLE. No toilette paper? Only tissues?

What did you do? Just blow your nose instead?
    And what stuffy noses we had! I bet tree leaves were the next option, but we were in a city and they were in short supply.

Leave a comment:

• badmaninc
    replied
    Originally posted by eap7 View Post
    Even though it was super close, I have to complain about the Red Roof Inn. They ran out of toilet paper and gave us tissues, and blankets and gave us towels instead?? How rugged is that? Plus they wouldn't give more than 3 little shampoo packs at a time and as one of the guys in our room said, "we have 5 long haired women in here!" It was kinda an adventure at that hotel!
    Just be thankful they didn't give you leaves from trees or sticks.

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Originally posted by eap7 View Post
    Even though it was super close, I have to complain about the Red Roof Inn. They ran out of toilet paper and gave us tissues, and blankets and gave us towels instead?? How rugged is that? Plus they wouldn't give more than 3 little shampoo packs at a time and as one of the guys in our room said, "we have 5 long haired women in here!" It was kinda an adventure at that hotel!
    eap,

That is just TERRIBLE. No toilette paper? Only tissues?

What did you do? Just blow your nose instead?

Leave a comment:

• eap7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• smoke_dancer_20
    replied
    we had a good 'ol time down there in washington! we stayed just around the block from the powwow! @ red roof! nice room! this powwow almost reminds me of skydome powwow! ice cold AC in the arena LOL

Leave a comment:

• nativedancer5
    replied
    Had a great time once again at National. We came up for the day Thanks whome for hookin me up on the floor with btw and Miika. It was great to meet you. Had a great time hangin with Patrick and Miika my fellow wheelies.

Becca

Leave a comment:

• kiyaanii mom
    replied
    Originally posted by 3ndnbear View Post
    Smokin.....now you know i'm going to be at bmore!! it's 30 miles down the road! lol.......
    and yes you can hear us on there "hi i'm 3ndnbear...eehehehehheehehe(my nervous cackle).....smokin: SHE WANTS SOME STUFF!" LMAO!! but man we did good with those stickers huh smokin!! got them posted all over Dupont..and billiards even has some nifty powwows.com glasses now!! cant wait to see ya this weekend! *you best come on up!*
    WHAT!? There was "stuff"?? Man I should have got up and walked around more. I was glued to my seat all weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 3ndnbear
    replied
    Smokin.....now you know i'm going to be at bmore!! it's 30 miles down the road! lol.......
    and yes you can hear us on there "hi i'm 3ndnbear...eehehehehheehehe(my nervous cackle).....smokin: SHE WANTS SOME STUFF!" LMAO!! but man we did good with those stickers huh smokin!! got them posted all over Dupont..and billiards even has some nifty powwows.com glasses now!! cant wait to see ya this weekend! *you best come on up!*

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by 3ndnbear View Post
    smokin... guuuuuuurl..... you have that whip appeal!

paul.. it was very nice to meet you and you can toooootally hear our conversation during the womens tradish video.. thanks kay! lol.....
    Right on - my sister -- oh, and sorry about that talking during filming - I didn't, like say anything bad, like, huh???

Girl - I had so much dang fun - and I promise to post so pics by this weekend - but trying to get the newspaper out to press by late Monday - Yikes - might ride up to Baltimore with a friend on Sat afternoon - we'll see - will you be there?

Leave a comment:

• 3ndnbear
    replied
    alright now.... i thought this years DC powwow was better than goodern... lol.. especially the smoke dance special!! o man it was cham to see all my Haudenosaunee peeps out there.. and my friends joining the fun..... i had a great time and most of all my mom and sons were happy to see me dance.. it was nice to see some of those old familiar faces from home and see my uncle leading the Iroquois post during grand entry saturday...
    smokin... guuuuuuurl..... you have that whip appeal!
    Whome.. you did an excellent job!! your hard work really showed and much respect to you!! lulululu lulululu
    paul.. it was very nice to meet you and you can toooootally hear our conversation during the womens tradish video.. thanks kay! lol.....
    DREW!! o my gawd.......that man was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuny.... he had me cracking up and even my son... i HOPE he didnt truely understand everything AYE.. lol but it was nice to have my three generations cracked right up...
    President Bowen.. always a pleasure to see you and it was ace to hear the subtle Seneca words slipped in here and there...

Leave a comment:

• kiyaanii mom
    replied
    I am finally getting a chance to post my 2 cents. lol We went on to Shakopee from there.

Wow! I can't beleive there were so many pw.commers in the house..... I met our pw.com princess. Awesome representing.

I had a blast and sure did enjoy Stoney Creek. They were rockin'! Top notch singing!

Thanks Whome and Qt for all your hard work. I really enjoyed the singing, dancing and all the special stuff. John Harrington, the war dances, and especially the comedian Drew. That guy was so funny!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Jibby, my love - I pray it is not another 2 years either - but girlfriend - I love you and your girls - AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN!!!!

The one thing I totally forgot to comment on was the awesome smoke dancers - they were from all over - including the majority of the Dunn clan from NC - that was awesome to see - got a bit of awesome footage!! If more folks danced like Smoke dancers, man we would be having shorter pow-wows for sure - so much energy man - in so little time - let's do it again - for sure!!!

Becky - Paul was coming to see you cuz I told him you were looking for him - but you were sooo busy - great job there, cookie.

Still reeling and finally got a chance to look at some of my pics -- will post later - maybe - when I get a breath...

Leave a comment:

• boiled meat
    replied
    I agree with ree-assasin, Mandaree brought their lead singer "mister" and younger singers or "c" group. His sons "have it" and goes to show you, its all about teachings.

Only part I am not a fan of is crowd participation... I think maybe a song or two would be "aight" but not alot inter-tribals, seen some dancers gettin it then only to be disrupted.

Not as many dancers as I thought, but a big powwow weekend all over ndn country, glad this powwow was inside cause it was hot.

Host drums were good wished I could of heard more inter-tribal from the three drum groups. Good powwow and the AD Tim made sure things ran on time, he has got to be one of the best AD's out there.

The third MC Drew...that dude is funny!

I drove some people there and enjoyed the trip and first time to see smoke dancers, all i have to say is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• ree assassin
    replied
    It looked like to me that Mandaree brought their 'C' squad to D.C. the shows at the museum is what brought Mandaree to DC. I'm pretty sure they were happy with what they got. Being that they kept leaving after drum rollcall and showing up to sing their contest song then leaving again. lol it was actually pretty funny. I know for a fact that they were happy with what they got. Old school u kno! Doesn't matter but if they were rockin. A whole different story.

Leave a comment:

• ojibwaysweetie
    replied
    Jibby, you were there?

I walked up to WhoMe and introduced myself cuz I heard his name over the mic. Went back to take a pic with him but he was no where to be found. Was a busy azz powwow for all of us! Had fun though with my friends and family.

This is out there to the general public......

Did I hear someone say that may be the last National powwow there in DC? Orrrrrrrr is that a rumor?

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X