Any Male Royalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Male Royalty?

Well, I've been to quite a few Pow-Pows... but not from the East Coast yet. Seeing as I'm still in school, I can't leave the East Coast for Oklahoma experiences at the time... or anywhere else. Now, I am royalty of my tribe... the counterpart of the princess... named Warrior. I haven't seen much of male royalty from other tribes... what other tribes does this? And is this looked down upon in other areas? Just a few questions that may clear things up.
    Warrior Tyrone "Dancing Wolf" Ellis of the Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape Tribe of 2008 'Never Will I Disclaim Who I Am And Where I'm From'

sigpic

??? ARE you royalty by lineage, or did you participate in a contest or something to earn your title? Also, are you serious?

Comment

What in the heck are you talking about?
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
      Albert Einstein

Comment

i know the cherokees in tahlequah have a little mr and little miss cherokee. My friend's son won this past year. :)

Here in AZ i seen a few male equivalent of princesses dancing in w/the princesses I think they were braves? or maybe Mr of something. I think the TOs do that.
        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Well........... this guy admitted it.

After much thought, after many years......... I'll declare publicly................ I am the "Burger King".

There.......... I've said it.

Comment

hehhehe! Don't start me giggling, I might tinkle, as I'am getting older. I really want to hear a response on this issue, if it's possible.

Comment

At our school powwow we crown "Braves" as well as "Princesses". Well, I shouldn't say crown. The princess gets a crown and sash, and the Brave gets an embroidered apron.
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Hey guy. The two Lenape rezzes nearby ( S. Ontario) don't have a prince or "Warrior" or anything like that.

Mus' be a N.J. thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
                  Well........... this guy admitted it.

After much thought, after many years......... I'll declare publicly................ I am the "Burger King".

There.......... I've said it.
                  That's actually quite funny!

Comment

I've seen boys as powwow "royalty" up this way - don't remember if they were called braves, or what. Not terribly common, but they're out there just the same.

Comment

ive seen the warriors/braves or whatever they are called at a few pws...with the girls royalty

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                      When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Wonder if they have the Chief of Chiefs. I wonder if they have Princes in San Francisco or the West End of Vancouver.
                        AYE!!!!

Comment

Well yea I'm serious about it. I was just wondering. I guess it can be said it was both blood linage and a contest... but more of a contest. And it's only, for us, a yearly term unless another doesn't run for it the following year. And it is only for those under 18. The only rank of royalty or government after 18 is Cheif and council members. Our tribe consists of a Warrior, Princess, and Jr. Warrior and Jr. Princess. They're categorized by age, of course. There are a series of requirements you must have that gets more strict every year. I think it started as a program to get the youh more into it probably 25-30 years back. Some of you may be thinking 'Is this guy serious?', but those who seen them see where I'm coming from right?
                          Warrior Tyrone "Dancing Wolf" Ellis of the Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape Tribe of 2008 'Never Will I Disclaim Who I Am And Where I'm From'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
                            After much thought, after many years......... I'll declare publicly................ I am the "Burger King."

Kiweh,

I have this friend who's a "queen." A flaming one at that!

He also claims his great, great grandmother was a "princess!"

Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Okay, I've been to many pow-wows all over. In the north, I have seen Warriors and Braves. I always thought it was neat because it was different. I've always wondered how they were selected. So, do tell TYWOLF on how you were selected.

Oh, to name one tribe that I've seen as Warriors/Braves, I do believe the Choctaws of Mississippi have 'em, but I think it's part of a school function kind of thing.
                              Last edited by ac_miss; 10-31-2007, 11:34 AM.
                              Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X