Best Drum Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
    Powwow drums
    by WhoMe
    I recently saw an article about a drum making project that changed the lives and attitude of Native youth that were involved.

I began thinking about the drum and the many changes that have occurred in the evolution of the powwow drum.

I used to have a drum sculpture made...
    08-27-2009, 05:00 PM
  • WhoMe
    Drums across the World
    by WhoMe
    As Natives, we pay great respect to the drum. In my tribe, I was taught to respect the drum, "take care of it and it will take care of you." Following this advice, the drum has taken me to many different lands in North America and throughout the world.

While travelling I noticed...
    03-12-2010, 02:34 PM
  • TacO5000
    Drums
    by TacO5000
    What kind of tone of a drum do you like to sing with? what size, and what kind of stands do you perfer? Who makes keen drum? what kind of hides do you like?

I was gonna make a which good looking singer has the biggest gutt thread but we have too many of them so here one...
    09-24-2005, 08:45 AM
  • Skabewis
    Being a Young Person in Ceremonies
    by Skabewis
    Produced by Arden Williams
    Reserve, Wisconsin (NFIC) 7-08

Andrea Low of the St.Croix Band of Ojibwe is one of the head Ogichida'kwewag (female leaders) of Big Drum in her area. Big Drum is a social ceremony, and people visit from different reservations.

Andrea's...
    07-31-2008, 10:32 AM
  • SouthernDrumSinger
    Drum Making
    by SouthernDrumSinger
    If you look at a lot of the southern drums, they have some type of colorful strip around the rim of the drum. Can you tell me what this is and what its purpose is...I would imagine it is to add additional protection to the hide from wear and tear from the drum sticks...but does anybody know what it...
    12-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X