Haliwa-Saponi Winter Powwow Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haliwa-Saponi Winter Powwow Cancelled

On January 19, 2008, the Haliwa-Saponi Powwow Planning Committee will sponsor the 3rd Annual Haliwa-Saponi Winter Powwow. The Powwow, first envisioned by the Committee in 2005 was started to break the monotony of the winter months so that tribal members and others can socialize, have fun, and raise funds for the tribe’s larger annual powwow held in April. The powwow will be held at the Old Doe Spun Building in Hollister and the gates will open at 2:00 p.m. and grand entry will begin at 3:00 p.m. All dancers, singers, and vendors (selling Native Crafts) are invited to participate. Admission for the powwow is $2.00 for those 4 and older and free for those 3 and under. Drum groups will be given an honorarium of $50.00. Dance contests include all categories, team dance, switch dance, trick dance, Golden Age special, and one man hand drum. There will be a giveaway for tiny tots. For more information, contact Marty Richardson at (252) 586-4017 ext. 245.
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

ooooooooooooooyeeeeeeeeeeah

Just when my pow wow fever was setting in! I'm going to try try try!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ndnbear View Post
      Just when my pow wow fever was setting in! I'm going to try try try!
      Do, do, do....YAY!!!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

dang I'd like to go..
        bucwild2012

Comment

Can't wait for this one. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
          Becky G.

www.myspace/BeckyGoins

Comment

done done done....

Ok ok... i'll be there... confirmed my ride last night ... cant wait to see everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Ace View Post
              On January 19, 2008, the Haliwa-Saponi Powwow Planning Committee will sponsor the 3rd Annual Haliwa-Saponi Winter Powwow. The Powwow, first envisioned by the Committee in 2005 was started to break the monotony of the winter months so that tribal members and others can socialize, have fun, and raise funds for the tribe’s larger annual powwow held in April. The powwow will be held at the Old Doe Spun Building in Hollister and the gates will open at 2:00 p.m. and grand entry will begin at 3:00 p.m. All dancers, singers, and vendors (selling Native Crafts) are invited to participate. Admission for the powwow is $2.00 for those 4 and older and free for those 3 and under. Drum groups will be given an honorarium of $50.00. Dance contests include all categories, team dance, switch dance, trick dance, Golden Age special, and one man hand drum. There will be a giveaway for tiny tots. For more information, contact Marty Richardson at (252) 586-4017 ext. 245.
              Alright, 3 and under free. I finally get to get in for free!!!!!
              Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

Originally posted by DANCINGEAGLE View Post
                Alright, 3 and under free. I finally get to get in for free!!!!!
                R u sure u didn't turn 4 this year??? Hmmm... somebody better check your id!!! lol

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

YES! just when I was going through Powwow withdrawal. Now If the 2008 edition will just cooperate.

Comment

Thanks Ace for posting this for us. We are really looking forward to the powwow this weekend. Hopefully this event will grow eventually into a full-fledged powwow. By next year we should have our new building built and we can stretch our legs a little. We appreciate any dancers that choose to come down. For all of those coming from out of town, safe travels.

Comment

Haliwa-Saponi Winter Powwow Cancelled

The Haliwa-Saponi Powwow Committee has decided to cancel the Winter Powwow because we are expecting winter weather tomorrow and throughout the weekend. Please let everyone know that was planning to come. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Saponi4ever View Post
                        The Haliwa-Saponi Powwow Committee has decided to cancel the Winter Powwow because we are expecting winter weather tomorrow and throughout the weekend. Please let everyone know that was planning to come. Thanks.
                        Good move cuz, but damn I hate that - I was looking forward to seeing everyone again... oh well - talk soon. I will let my peeps know too....

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X