• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62nd Annual Navajo Nation Fair

62nd Annual Navajo Nation Fair
    September 1-7, 2008
    Window Rock, AZ

Navajo Nation Fair

Details pending for the contest powwow head staff! There is a Youth Contest powwow on Thursday, September 4th, and the Fair Contest powwow from Friday through Sunday, September 5th-7th.

Should be a good one...

Comment

The committee from 2007 is returning once again. They did a fantastic job last year which included having 10 places each in the singing contest for the Northern and Southern categories. One can expect many more improvements this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
        The committee from 2007 is returning once again. They did a fantastic job last year which included having 10 places each in the singing contest for the Northern and Southern categories. One can expect many more improvements this year.
        I guess they already have you on board... That is always the first step to success!!!!

Can't wait...........

Comment

The best place to be:

62nd Annual Navajo Nation Fair - September 1-7, 2008 - Window Rock, AZ
          88th Annual Southern Ute Fair - September 5-7, 2008 - Ignacio, CO
          19th Annual Sycuan - September 5-7, 2008 - El Cajon, CA
          Southwest Gourd Society Gourd Dance and Social Powwow - <September 6, 2008> - Tucson, AZ

Comment

2008 Navajo Nation Fair Contest Pw Head Staff

Master Of Ceremonies: Jason Good Striker, Blood/blackfoot, Lethebridge, Alberta, Canada

Master Of Ceremonies: Arnold Chee, Dine, Greasewood, Arizona.

Arena Director: Jonathan Windyboy, Chippewa Cree, Rocky Boy, Montana.

Head Dance Judge: Shawn Yazzie, Dine, Farmington, New Mexico.

Head Singing Judge: Spud Brown, Diegueno, Barona, California.

Head Gourd Dance Singer: Larry Monoessy, Comanche, Fletcher, Oklahoma.

Head Gourd Dancer: Michael Coan, Dine, Blue Water, New Mexico.

2007-2008 Miss Navajo Nation Fair Pw Princess: Kendra Red House, Dine, Mesa, Arizona
            Last edited by xTekno; 03-08-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

who are the host drums???...or is there any???...cool, they got Jason Goodstriker as MC....should be fun....
              sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Total Payout Over $140,000.00 In Prize Money and Awards.

This years Dance Catagories are as follows

GOLDEN AGE MENS (50 YRS & OVER), ADULT MENS (19-49 YRS), NO. FANCY, SO. FANCY, GRASS, CHICKEN, NO. TRAD., SO. TRAD., GOLDEN AGE WOMENS (50 YRS & OVER), ADULT WOMENS (19-49 YRS), FANCY, JINGLE, NO. BUCKSKIN, SO. BUCKSKIN, NO. CLOTH, SO. CLOTH
                1st $700.00 - 2nd $600.00 - 3rd $500.00 - 4th $400.00 - 5th $300.00

TEEN BOYS FANCY, GRASS, TRADITIONAL (13-18), TEEN GIRLS FANCY, JINGLE, TRADTIONAL (13-18)
                1st $300.00 - 2nd $250.00 - 3rd $200.00 - 4th $150.00 - 5th $100.00

JUNIOR BOYS FANCY, GRASS, TRADITIONAL (6-12), JUNIOR GIRLS FANCY SHAWL, JINGLE, TRADITIONAL (6-12)
                1st $150.00 - 2nd $125.00 - 3rd $100.00 - 4th $75.00 - 5th $50.00

TINY TOT BOYS (5 & UNDER) - TINY TOT GIRLS (5 & UNDER)
                1st $35.00 - 2nd $30.00 - 3rd $25.00 - 4th $20.00 - 5th $15.00

ALL TINY TOT DANCERS TO BE PAID EACH SESSION

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                  who are the host drums???...or is there any???...cool, they got Jason Goodstriker as MC....should be fun....
                  No host drums - probably will be selected each session.

Comment

dang, so this is where my percap is going????.....LOL!!!.....
                    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Nnf Pw On Myspace!!!

GREETINGS ALL,

YES WE ARE GETTING THINGS READY FOR ANOTHER AWESOME POW-WOW, SEPTEMBER 4,5,6,7, 2008, IN WINDOW ROCK, AZ, USA

ON THE 4TH, THERE WILL BE A "YOUTH" POW-WOW AGIAN JUS FOR 18 & UNDER CONTESTENTS...PLUS A SINGING CONTEST FOR ALL 18 & UNDER DRUM GROUPS...

AS FOR THE WEEKEND PW....WE WERE FORTUNATE TO GET A HEADSTAFF TOGETHER THAT WE KNEW WOULD PROVIDE ANOTHER SMOOTH RUNNING POW-WOW LIKE LAST YEAR.

WE DID SET A MYSPACE FOR THE FAIR POW-WOW. ON THERE YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FAIR P0W-WOW PAYOUT AND MORE....
                      INCLUDING THE "YOUTH" POW-WOW HEAD STAFF AND PAYOUT...

MySpace.com - Navajo Nation Fair Pw - 62 - Male - Ft. Defiance, Arizona - www.myspace.com/62navajonationfairpowwow

CHECK IT OUT....BUT STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES...
                      WE HAVENT FINALIZED THE ALL AROUND CONTEST BUT IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN...

**OH AND AGAIN LIKE LAST YEAR WE ARE NOT HAVING ANY HOST DRUMS FOR THE FAIR POW-WOW (JUST THE YOUTH PW)....WE DECIDED THAT TO HAVE A HOST DRUM IT WOULD TAKE AWAY MOST OF THE SINGING FROM THE OTHER DRUM GROUPS THAT COME TO SHARE THEIR MUSIC WITH US....AND TO NOT HAVE A HOST DRUM MORE MONEY WOULD BE ABLE TO GO INTO THE SINGING CONTEST.!!...THE ONLY INVITED SINGER IS OUR HEAD GOURD DANCE SINGER, MR. LARRY MONOESSY, FROM FLETCHER, OKLAHOMA, TO TAKE CARE OF THE GOURD DANCE PART OF THE CELEBRATION.....SO TO THOSE OF YOU THAT THINK WE SHOULD OF INVITED A HOST DRUM OR DRUMS I AM SORRY....WE KNOW THAT GOOD SINGING GROUPS WELL SHOW UP AND PROVIDE AWESOME SINGING FOR THE DANCERS........HAHA

WE SHALL SEE U ALL IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!
                      LETS ROCK THE POST...MILE POST 30 STYLE!!!.
                      SHHHH!! I HAVE SPOKEN !!!...........

Comment

cool brotha man......it does leave a bit to wonder though.....anyway, should be fun, I missed it for the past 2 years because of a thing called work, so I hope to make it this year.....come he** or highwater.......or if the council decides not to buy anymore gold rings....LOL!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

cool!

Oh wow sounds good will I'll be there this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                            dang, so this is where my percap is going????.....LOL!!!.....
                            If we got per cap it would be like 50 cents, cuz there's tooooooo many "jahns"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.