Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Wesley
    replied
    Just wanted to say congrats to all of the winners. Also to the guys that I sing with(Kau Ta Noh Jrs.), I am very proud of the job that they did this past wknd. Yall sounded very goot!!! I thought Red Earth(Saponi) sounded perty cho' as well! Oh!!! Sorry to everyone about chokin' up on that hand drum song(geez, I did'n even have time to prackis' AYEEEE!!!!!) N E WYZ, see everyone at the next time we meet(or sumthin' like that!!!) Ooneh!!!

Leave a comment:

• nll002
    replied
    Hey Guys

I would like to say that my family enjoyed the powwow and truely blessed. Thank you Becky and Sunshine for all you have done for me and my family. I know Jerry is smiling down on us with his sneaky green eyes. He doing his 49 up there with Jesus. Thank you for the love and support yall have giving me and my family.

And all the dancers and singers..... I LOVE MY POWWOW FAMILY.... I will see yall in HOLLYWOOD.

Norma Jean

Originally posted by MsLum91 View Post
    Winner's List

Tiny Tots
    Sima Big Mountain
    Mason Richardson
    Orenda Locklear
    Kaylee Jacobs
    Olivia Goins
    Nakayla Leviner
    Jordan Strickland
    Yona Locklear
    Isabella Grace Lowery

Boys & Girls
    Seven Big Mountain
    Morgan Winfree
    Siana Collins
    Destiny Hardin
    Santana Sova
    Shania Marie Jacobs
    Danielle Bullard
    Mika Deese
    Faith Deese
    Sherman Addi
    Seneka Lockear
    Nakya Leviner
    Timothy Jones

Teen Women's Fancy
    1st - Shannon Godaire
    2nd - Kasey Oxendine

Teen Men's Fancy
    1st - Devin West
    2nd - Andrew Blake

Teen Women's Traditional
    1st - Tequorra Green
    2nd - Shelly McGirt

Teen Men's Traditional
    1st - Sean Jones
    2nd - Patrick Green
    3rd - Blake Brewer

Women's Fancy
    1st - Jessica Moore
    2nd - Patricia Richardson
    3rd - Taila Blake

Men's Fancy
    1st - David Clements
    2nd - Kaya Clark
    3rd - Trey Winfree

Women's Jingle
    1st - Katrina Fisher
    2nd - Consuela Richardson
    3rd - MaDonna Sitting Bear

Men's Grass
    1st - Josh Richardson
    2nd - Gregory Keith

Women's Traditional
    1st - Michelle Hammonds
    2nd - Heather Jones
    3rd - Vanessa Locklear

Men's Traditional
    1st - Clarence "Bo" Goins
    2nd - Keith Sharphead
    3rd - Paige Burgess

Drum Contest
    1st - Kau-ta-noh Jrs
    2nd - Southern Sun
    3rd - Southern Eagle

One Man Hand Drum (winner take all)
    Otter Oliver

Jerry Locklear Men's Traditional Special (Pendleton Blanket)
    Clarence Goins
    --I would like to thank the other two participants in the special, Keith Sharphead & Paige Burgess. The family was truely honored.

Leave a comment:

• MsLum91
    replied
    Winner's List

Tiny Tots
    Sima Big Mountain
    Mason Richardson
    Orenda Locklear
    Kaylee Jacobs
    Olivia Goins
    Nakayla Leviner
    Jordan Strickland
    Yona Locklear
    Isabella Grace Lowery

Boys & Girls
    Seven Big Mountain
    Morgan Winfree
    Siana Collins
    Destiny Hardin
    Santana Sova
    Shania Marie Jacobs
    Danielle Bullard
    Mika Deese
    Faith Deese
    Sherman Addi
    Seneka Lockear
    Nakya Leviner
    Timothy Jones

Teen Women's Fancy
    1st - Shannon Godaire
    2nd - Kasey Oxendine

Teen Men's Fancy
    1st - Devin West
    2nd - Andrew Blake

Teen Women's Traditional
    1st - Tequorra Green
    2nd - Shelly McGirt

Teen Men's Traditional
    1st - Sean Jones
    2nd - Patrick Green
    3rd - Blake Brewer

Women's Fancy
    1st - Jessica Moore
    2nd - Patricia Richardson
    3rd - Taila Blake

Men's Fancy
    1st - David Clements
    2nd - Kaya Clark
    3rd - Trey Winfree

Women's Jingle
    1st - Katrina Fisher
    2nd - Consuela Richardson
    3rd - MaDonna Sitting Bear

Men's Grass
    1st - Josh Richardson
    2nd - Gregory Keith

Women's Traditional
    1st - Michelle Hammonds
    2nd - Heather Jones
    3rd - Vanessa Locklear

Men's Traditional
    1st - Clarence "Bo" Goins
    2nd - Keith Sharphead
    3rd - Paige Burgess

Drum Contest
    1st - Kau-ta-noh Jrs
    2nd - Southern Sun
    3rd - Southern Eagle

One Man Hand Drum (winner take all)
    Otter Oliver

Jerry Locklear Men's Traditional Special (Pendleton Blanket)
    Clarence Goins
    --I would like to thank the other two participants in the special, Keith Sharphead & Paige Burgess. The family was truely honored.

Leave a comment:

• MsLum91
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokin' Ace View Post
    So - tell us that did not attend - what were the highlights of this excellent event....I have heard alot, not all I can print - lol- but overall, I have heard excellent things....

I have heard that there was a great crowd - that the vendors were happy - that there were more dancers than ever before - that Otter Big Mountain won hand drum contest, but that there were many contestants, including Kaya Clark, who I am so proud of cuz that was the first time he has entered hand drum contest at 14 - that Kau-ta-noh, Jrs. won drum contest - that Santa Claus did an awesome job - that everyone had an awesome time - and that they can not wait until next year to do it all again....

I about died when I realized I could not come down, esp after Johnathan's soccer game was cancelled due to an absolute downpour of rain right at 11:45....but alas - me and Frankie had an awesome day....Johnathan spent the weekend with his peeps in Hollister with my mom and pops - it all worked out like it needed to....just missed u guys like no tomorrow - but will make up for all of that this weekend in Hollywood - woo hoo...I can't wait....

Everything you heard was true. We had an amazing turnout, especially since we had to move inside at the last minute. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

The headstaff was outstanding.... Sandon, John Lock, Tony, Patrick, Qua, Sharon.... Words cannot express how much we appreciate all that you did to help make this a success. Host drums, Black Bear & Stoney Creek....YOU GUYS ROCKED!!!

Mills on Wheels... You made our work so much easier this year.... YOU WILL BE GETTING A CALL FOR NEXT YEAR .... Everyone loved the food as always.

For everyone that pitched in and offered a hand to help, we thank you! It was truely appreciated. I especially want to thank Mr. Kenny Clark, with Robeson County Indian Education. Without him we would not have been able to use the facility. He was there from the beginning and stuck it out with us all day.

This was the biggest turnout we've ever had on this campus. We counted six drums, around 60 dancers, eight vendors and a ton of spectators. We've already started making plans for next year. (April 11, 2009 - Save The Date!)

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    So - tell us that did not attend - what were the highlights of this excellent event....I have heard alot, not all I can print - lol- but overall, I have heard excellent things....

I have heard that there was a great crowd - that the vendors were happy - that there were more dancers than ever before - that Otter Big Mountain won hand drum contest, but that there were many contestants, including Kaya Clark, who I am so proud of cuz that was the first time he has entered hand drum contest at 14 - that Kau-ta-noh, Jrs. won drum contest - that Santa Claus did an awesome job - that everyone had an awesome time - and that they can not wait until next year to do it all again....

I about died when I realized I could not come down, esp after Johnathan's soccer game was cancelled due to an absolute downpour of rain right at 11:45....but alas - me and Frankie had an awesome day....Johnathan spent the weekend with his peeps in Hollister with my mom and pops - it all worked out like it needed to....just missed u guys like no tomorrow - but will make up for all of that this weekend in Hollywood - woo hoo...I can't wait....

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    directions

From Sunshine's Facebook Page
    hey everyone ... here are directions to the powwows location!!!

for those who may need them....

Take 95 south to exit 17.
    Make a right off of the exit. Follow that road ALL THE WAY into Pembroke.
    You will pass Mc Donald’s.
    At very next stop light make a right. (there will be a Pizza Hut to your left).
    Cross over the railroad tracks.
    Make an immediate RIGHT.
    The Indian Education Center will be on your LEFT.
    Take the FIRST DIRT ROAD; which will be in between the IEA building (also known as the Old High School) and another building.
    Follow the dirt road to the gym facility.

GRAND ENTRY IS SET FOR 12 NOON SHARP!!!
    Be prepared to powwow til 8pm!

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Looks like moving it was the right thing - good thinking guys - the Indian Ed building is really the perfect place to hold a pow-wow -- that building alone has incredible history - enjoy the day and have a blast....

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Hey everyone...

We've been watching the weather very carefully. It looks like we're going to get hit with bad weather so we've made the decision to move the powwow indoors. We will relocate to the Indian Education Resource Center Gym adjacent to the campus. Just look for the powwow signs. We will have plenty of signs out to make sure everyone knows how to find us.

Reminder that the location has moved.....

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    U guys travel safe, dance and sing hard, enjoy each others company and I will def see most of u next weekend in hollywood....love ya'll to pieces....and don't give santa or petey too much of a hard time....save it for me at Lumbee.......

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Tomorrow - tomorrow - the pow-wow will be tomorrow - it is only a day - a - way......:)

Leave a comment:

• MsLum91
    replied
    Hey everyone...

We've been watching the weather very carefully. It looks like we're going to get hit with bad weather so we've made the decision to move the powwow indoors. We will relocate to the Indian Education Resource Center Gym adjacent to the campus. Just look for the powwow signs. We will have plenty of signs out to make sure everyone knows how to find us.

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by 3ndnbear View Post
    alas, "3rd" ndnbear will not be there... and niether will i.. LOL... (gawd k, just changing up my name now! lol) i was looking forward to attending.. been having fun at all the other NC college powwows...and this one is OUTSIDE!!! augh, but i have duties back home (ny) to tend to this weekend.... so i'll see urbody in hollywood next weekend!!!
    lol - that is so funny - i really messed that name up huh?

Leave a comment:

• 3ndnbear
    replied
    alas, "3rd" ndnbear will not be there... and niether will i.. LOL... (gawd k, just changing up my name now! lol) i was looking forward to attending.. been having fun at all the other NC college powwows...and this one is OUTSIDE!!! augh, but i have duties back home (ny) to tend to this weekend.... so i'll see urbody in hollywood next weekend!!!

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    That's awesome news, congrats - I am so happy everything is working out for this year - I had my worries...love ya'll....

Leave a comment:

• MsLum91
    replied
    Just to let everyone know.... We were planning on doing a give away for the Junior Categories and Tiny Tots. The Creator has definitely smiled on us this year. We will be paying day money to the younger categories. Hopefully next year we will be able to go full contest in all categories....

Pray for good weather and have safe travels... See you all this weekend!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• MikeBurgess
    Heart races
    by MikeBurgess
    Hi everyone,my heart tends to race pretty fast lately and I don't know if it’s because I started taking too much coffee per day or because of a more serious health problem. Now I'm literally a coffee addict. Any idea to stop this?
    11-06-2021, 06:50 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X