Clear All

• Gateway to Nations 2008, Brooklyn, NY

We're back with CONTESTS!!!!!

GATEWAY TO NATIONS
    June 6-8, 2008

Floyd Bennett Field
    Gateway National Recreation Area
    Brooklyn, NY

Day $$ for dancers showing up on Kids Day, Friday-Shows begin @ 11am on Friday
    POINTS BEGIN - Grand Entry 1pm Saturday and Sunday

NO REGISTRATION FEE FOR DANCERS AND SINGERS/DRUMMERS
    DRUM COMPETITION
    CONTEST DRUMS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 SINGERS
    1ST–$4,000 2ND–$3,000 3RD–$2,000 4TH-$1,000

ADULT - (Traditional, Grass, Jingle, Fancy) (18+)
    1ST-$900 2ND-$600 3RD-$400 4TH-$200

TEEN - (Traditional, Grass, Jingle, Fancy) (13-17)
    1ST-$400 2ND-$250 3RD-$150

JR BOYS COMBINED & JR GIRLS COMBINED (6-12)
    1st-$150 2nd-$100 3rd-$75

TINY TOTS

TROPHY/CASH SPECIALS
    PURA WOMEN'S FANCY
    MEN'S NORTHERN TRADITIONAL
    COYLE FAMILY GRASS SPECIAL
    MEN'S SOUTHERN TRADITIONAL

REDHAWKCOUNCIL.ORG

More info [email protected]
    Last edited by taani; 06-03-2008, 03:19 PM.

Man, I hope y'all have a rocking good time at this one. Wish I could get up there but work might not allow it.

Are y'all going to come to Hollister in April?
    Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

Brooklyn

Hey Cliff

I am coming back out east. Hopefully gas will not kill me by June. Please send info for vendors.

Phil Alexis
      2819 Marilyn Dr.
      St. Joseph , Mi 4085

Comment

Emcee - John Block
        Hawaiian/Polynesian Dancers will be back!!!!! don't forget your cameras!!!
        Last edited by taani; 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

is the gateway still host hotel ? who is host drum ? this was always a good powwow.

Comment

Originally posted by kontest kritik View Post
            is the gateway still host hotel ? who is host drum ? this was always a good powwow.

Golden Gate Inn is the host hotel but it hasn't been setup yet.
            There is no 'host' drum since there is drum contest.

Comment

this has been added to my pow wow date book ;) It just so happens that i will be in the area man! :D will prolly take my sister and her little fam too :D
              There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

Comment

forgot to ask what are the grand entry times?
                There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

Comment

Originally posted by native_flutterby View Post
                  forgot to ask what are the grand entry times?
                  1pm

Comment

so its 1 pm on friday, 1pm on sat and 1pm on sundsy? thats the first time ive ever heard of that...but then again i've not been out that way so wouldnt know how things are done...i have been to salamanca for a few years running though... :D

Comment

Originally posted by native_flutterby View Post
                      so its 1 pm on friday, 1pm on sat and 1pm on sundsy? thats the first time ive ever heard of that...but then again i've not been out that way so wouldnt know how things are done...i have been to salamanca for a few years running though... :D
                      I apologize. 1pm Saturday and Sunday. Day $$ for dancers showing up on Kids Day, Friday, to perform. Shows begin @ 11am on Friday.
                      Last edited by taani; 04-29-2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Could you let us know when the hotel is set up and the number. Thanks. See you this weekend?

Comment

Alright Jon.....

Jon Block announcing....I'm glad to hear that......Figuring he'll kick some Longhouse tunes as well....
                          "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Originally posted by taani View Post
                            Golden Gate Inn is the host hotel but it hasn't been setup yet.
                            There is no 'host' drum since there is drum contest.
                            The hotel SHOULD be setup by tmrw evening, April 30.
                            Golden Gate Inn - 718-743-4000 ask for the Powwow rate.

There is a Comfort Inn and Best Western on Emmons Avenue in Brooklyn if you look it up online but be warned it's ridiculously expensive.

-Taiyin

Comment

So will there actually be any Powwow stuff going on Friday? Like GE, points, or stuff like that? Can folks register on Friday? I'm just wondering b'cuz it seems like the actual Powwow will start on Sat. at the 1pm Grand Entry based on the infomation given...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X