No announcement yet.

Cherokee Memorial Day Powwow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope...july is gonna be on the stage too. the almighty dollar is gleaming in their eyes. thats why memorial day is a 3 day powwow now. never has been in all the years they have had it. but they figure they can make more money by havin a 3 day powwow instead of 2.

if i sound a lil critical or pissed its cuz i am....lol.

anybody got a problem with it????....call george lambert @ (828) 497-8127...LOL.

Or you can call (800)357-2771 & ask to be trasnfered to him if you dont wanna call long distance...lol.
    Last edited by walmart ndn; 05-16-2008, 04:44 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Comment

Uhh so if its on a stage, where do you sit when you're not dancing? I've never been and can't picture how its set up.

Comment

Originally posted by walmart ndn View Post
        nope...july is gonna be on the stage too. the almighty dollar is gleaming in their eyes. thats why memorial day is a 3 day powwow now. never has been in all the years they have had it. but they figure they can make more money by havin a 3 day powwow instead of 2.

if i sound a lil critical or pissed its cuz i am....lol.

anybody got a problem with it????....call george lambert...LOL.
        I dont' blamme you there. I haven't been to the memorial day pow wow in a few years, but I thought that it had only been two days too. Now three. WOW.

Is it because of the shade from the tarp? Are they thinking that they will get more people in if it's not out in the hot sun? Not if they loose dancers--at least I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by eap7 View Post
          Uhh so if its on a stage, where do you sit when you're not dancing? I've never been and can't picture how its set up.
          THere are bleachers there, that's where many dancers sit. But some sit on the other side of the stage by the pillars--that's where I was last year with some of my friends and Family who live on the res. The one's daughter was competing and I did have a hard time seeing her at times.

Comment

Should I bring chairs then to sit by the pillars?

Comment

its an ampitheatre. with a big tarp like thing over it to keep out the rain, which it doesnt do, & to provide some shade.
              the seats face the front of the stage & the back of the stage faces a big open field where they used to have the powwows.

as for seating when your not dancing, most just sit in the bleachers with the spectators, some will find a spot around the back of the stage.
              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Comment

Should I bring chairs then to sit by the pillars?
                Yeah, that's what I would do. I've been planning and wanting to come out, but so far it really doesn't look like I'm gonna make it--but it will be a last minute thing again. If I make it--it will be like that day decision.LOL

But I will for sure be at the 4th of July pow wow, I've been going to that one for years.LOL

Comment

Sounds like a weird location. Anyway what are the grand entry times? I can't find them online anywhere.

Comment

It just plain sucks. Dancing on that concrete stage just kills my back. last year I was laid uo for about two days afterward.
                    And the tribal council said that turf would be ready for the powwow. Well they are getting it down, but AS USUAL they pander to the Unegs. bidness as usual
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Is there a host hotel?

Comment

It's official! We decided to go :0) Can't wait to take a break and be gone from home for awhile. Me and my sisters will be there!!

Comment

Is there a host hotel?
                          There is NOT usually a host hotel but there aren't lack of hotels in Cherokee. They have everything from independant owned and operated to chain hotels like the Comfort Inn etc. They also have LOTS of campgrounds and even cabin rentals.

Comment

You have a better chance to get a hotel for the Memorial weekend pow wow then you do for the 4th of July pow wow, now the hotels then are booked a year in advance pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by PappyRoach View Post
                              It just plain sucks. Dancing on that concrete stage just kills my back. last year I was laid uo for about two days afterward.
                              And the tribal council said that turf would be ready for the powwow. Well they are getting it down, but AS USUAL they pander to the Unegs. bidness as usual
                              The turf is down. Tribal Council didn't make the decision concerning the stage site...the people WalMartNDN named made the decision.

And I COMPLETELY agree with PappyRoach...that freakin' concrete hurts! I was hobbling around for several days afterwards myself with my calves cramping up...and I run!!

It's that bad.

As of right now, I have no plans of coming over there and I live less than two miles away. Just ridiculous.
                              I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Hey tell "Jim" the MC I said hello..lol. Ya'll have an awesome time - I will be at Upper Mattaponi....be safe and pow-wow hard...
                                Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.