Amber Buffalo GON Head Lady Dancer Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber Buffalo GON Head Lady Dancer Special

Hi i just wanted to inform everyone about my special at Gatherings, i know a lot of people were not clear to what it was so here it is...............

Women's 18 and over Old Style All-Around

Friday April 25th after grand entry before junior and teens, it will be old style fancy.....after that, at about 4pm or so, it will be old style jingle, and on Saturday evening the final category will be old style traditional. The contest is based on a point system and will be judged on dance style and presentation of outfits, and your representation. The prize money is 1st $1000.00, 2nd $500.00, 3rd $300.00, 4th $200.00.....I wanted to do this special to open it up everyone, including the older ladies that don't usually get in all arounds, and to give everyone a fair shot..........in conclusion, it's going to be fun to see and i hope to see you all there!! If you have any questions post them....
    Last edited by Mikwan Iskwew; 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM.

Originally posted by Mikwan Iskwew View Post
    Hi i just wanted to inform everyone about my special at Gatherings, i know a lot of people were not clear to what it was so here it is...............

Thank you for posting Amber. This sounds like a very interesting contest. I hope other people consider honoring the old ways of dancing at upcoming powwows, like you are going to do.

Are you still dancing in the orange buckskin? I remember at the GON a couple of year's ago when it was brand new!
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Good Luck

Good luck with your special! It should be cool to watch. My sister and I graduated from University and decided to have a special at our pow-wow in August of 2007. She dances jingle and I dance traditional. We decided to have an Old-Style All-Around. There was LOTS of participation! We did it the same way you are and it seemed to work out pretty fair.
      Good luck with yours and have fun with it!

Comment

Good luck Amber! Your special sounds awesome. I will make sure to watch it during GON.

Comment

well hopefully ... i'll be watching this special live HAHA ... with the POUNDMAKER shirts candace is gonna be making for us LFMAO jkz

sounds like a good one Amber
          Watch your broken dreams...
          Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

can i be a judge..? jus asking

good luck with the special it sounds nice.
            thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

????!!!!!!

p
              Last edited by powwow pretty; 04-30-2008, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I Can help Judge!!

Hey Amber! Can I judge.....or did you have me pre-picked as one of your winnerz......LOL.......juss play'n. It's me....remember from Post Falls???.....u graciously helped me out and bought one of my "James Sweating Horse Audio Books.".......then u didn't even listen to it.......geez.....u musta really felt sorry for me ennit?I'll be @ GON....I can help judge ur contest cuz I'm super honest and I wouldn't be biased cuz I don't know anyone.
                "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

This special sounds awesome Amber! I hope it goes well and congrats to you and your family on being head lady. I look forward to watching the special!

Comment

Need a Head Lady Dancer

I am looking for a head lady dancer for our powwow this weekend if amybody is willing too then please hit me up at my email [email protected] alot

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.