Snow Mountain, Vegas.....anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Mountain, Vegas.....anyone???

Anyone going here this year?.....never been to Vegas so this is going to be my first trip.......On the rumor mill it says Elk Soldier is host here......anyone got the scoop????.......
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
    Anyone going here this year?.....never been to Vegas so this is going to be my first trip.......On the rumor mill it says Elk Soldier is host here......anyone got the scoop????.......
    Elk Soldier is host northern and Young Bird is host southern. The pow wow is good, but it is in the desert, bring your shade, it is usually hot and windy, alot of rocks and watch out for the "rattlers". The commitee puts on a good feed on saturday.

There is a $5.00 admission but dancers and singers get in free and have there own designated parking area. Last year, the drum contest for 1st place was $3,000.00 combined, I don't know if it is the same this year. It's good the commitee is going back to a 2 day pow wow. Last year it was only 1 day.

The host hotel is Santa Fe Station, the rooms with the pow wow rate is $109.00 per night. But you can find cheaper rooms, just have to do some searching.

Comment

the rocks on the ground hurts! so bring your tennis shoes to wear when walking around.
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

cool, appreciate the info.....and I do have to buy new tennis shoes anyway...*L*.....or I might just go with my boots, since there are rattlers around......so the drum contest is combined?.....ok, cool.....

ok and one more question.........is it the Young Bird from OK or Flagstaff AZ or Tempe AZ or ALB NM???........just wondering, just sounds better when curtis is there is all........anyway............
        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

so when we leavin fiddy?!? LMFAO jkz ..

sounds like a scary place anyhoo .. rattlers? eekkk LOL
          Watch your broken dreams...
          Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

we're planning on going!

Comment

How far is it from the strip??

Comment

Originally posted by cree_ndn_gal View Post
                It's about 45 minutes away.
                Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by cree_ndn_gal View Post
                  dang already making plans, huh?.....LOL!!!!........what happens in Vegas, right???......*L*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff View Post
                    so when we leavin fiddy?!? LMFAO jkz ..

sounds like a scary place anyhoo .. rattlers? eekkk LOL
                    as soon as you get your permission slip signed off...........LOL!!!!..........why you scared of a little rattler???........when there are more dangerous things out there.....LMAO!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

ok and one more question.........is it the Young Bird from OK or Flagstaff AZ or Tempe AZ or ALB NM???........just wondering, just sounds better when curtis is there is all........anyway............
                      Or Denver??? lol
                      Usually when they say Youngbird, Curt is there. But when they say YB Style, he isn't.....

Kind a like, MNX Southwest crew....

Comment

as soon as you get your permission slip signed off...........LOL!!!!..........why you scared of a little rattler???........when there are more dangerous things out there.....LMAO!!!!
                        all i gotta say is .... im goin to walmart LMFAO

i jus gotta stay out of reno ... for obvious reasons LOL
                        Watch your broken dreams...
                        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

:
                          Last edited by miawallace; 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Or Denver??? lol
                            Usually when they say Youngbird, Curt is there. But when they say YB Style, he isn't.....

Oh, okay, i get it............it's like getting PRADO when you think you got PRADA........

Comment

Originally posted by miawallace View Post
                              Or Denver??? lol

Oh, okay, i get it............it's like getting PRADO when you think you got PRADA........
                              or Folex when you think you got Rolex.......LOL!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X