Red Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Earth

I am saddened deeply to announce that Jim Anquoe Sr (ma cohn) has disassociated himself from the Red Earth Powwow Committee. It's quite ridiculous the extent of some people's need to acquire self-recognition on this level, to ruin a good thing like this annual dance. As far as I know, it's still on. But it won't be the Red Earth we all knew and enjoyed attending. Pitty.
    bucwild2012

I heard that some of the staff and drums are not going to be attending?? I wonder what will happen with that??
    www.myspace.com/badnation
    Check it out yO

Comment

Yea, I think the Committee under-estimated the respect people have for my Cohn. Not to mention the fact he IS RED EARTH, the one responsible for getting it going. So with a majority of the head staff at my Cohn's back, let's see how far this powwow will go, before it buckles...
      bucwild2012

Comment

I already saw a email message that Terry Tsotigh would not be one of the AD's this year
        And the flood is begining
        I wonder how many will be left
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

Sad to see a good dance ruined by politics. Hopefully they can work things out. (?)

Comment

Originally posted by suthernwaterbird View Post
            I am saddened deeply to announce that Jim Anquoe Sr (ma cohn) has disassociated himself from the Red Earth Powwow Committee.

suthern,

I just heard about it yesterday as well. I am shocked!

Does anybody know who is the new Powwow Chairman?

On their website, they have not released the names of the headstaff and prize money.

Red Earth is next month.

Hmmmmmm?
            Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

All I know is that I know Lisa Meeches backed out, Terry T,and a few others... Connie is heading things up now...Apparently she is more qualified to run this powwow.
              Last edited by suthernwaterbird; 05-09-2008, 11:12 AM.
              bucwild2012

Comment

EEEKKK ... sounds kinda skurry ... wonder whats going on? this doesnt sound good at all ....
                Watch your broken dreams...
                Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

This is something I received in an bulletin on myspace.

Posting for Jim

Hello to all my friends across the USA and Canada. This message is to inform you that, contrary to comments being circulated by the Red Earth headquarters, I am no longer associated with the Red Earth Powwow. After I went through the time and expense of assembling the invited drums and head staff, the door was shut on me. My contacts and endorsement were taken advantage of. This powwow is now being organized by non-traditional, non-cultural individuals.

I want to thank you all for your support over the last 3 years and thank you for taking the time to read this notice
                  Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

That is it in a "NUTSHELL" …..Ah-ho for posting this message for my Saygee. I was very disappointed when I was told how the committee has handled this. TRUE...his influence, experience, respectability and expertise was taken advantage of in the organizing of this year’s RED EARTH. He thought it was "business as usual" and proceeded in putting together the dance portion of Red Earth only to find out a little over a month before R.E. 2008 that "The Committee" has decided to "take it from here".....his services are no longer needed.... UNBELIEVABLE!!! My Saygee is a good man with good intentions. He’s done what is right and God will bless him in his hard work and efforts. Blessings to him….Ah-ho Dah kee
                    Originally posted by ac_miss View Post

Posting for Jim

Hello to all my friends across the USA and Canada. This message is to inform you that, contrary to comments being circulated by the Red Earth headquarters, I am no longer associated with the Red Earth Powwow. After I went through the time and expense of assembling the invited drums and head staff, the door was shut on me. My contacts and endorsement were taken advantage of. This powwow is now being organized by non-traditional, non-cultural individuals.

I want to thank you all for your support over the last 3 years and thank you for taking the time to read this notice

Comment

Originally posted by ac_miss View Post

Posting for Jim

This message is making its rounds on Myspace NDN Style I have seen it three or four times now
                      I bet it has made it around the World now!!!
                      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                      Till I Die!

Comment

NDN Telegraph, works everytime.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. I don't know him personally, but I do know some of his family. Politics at it's finest.

Comment

Can anybody confirm one of the southern host drum groups has dropped out? I heard that last night...
                          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                          Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by suthernwaterbird View Post
                            All I know is that I know Lisa Meeches backed out, Terry T,and a few others... Connie is heading things up now...Apparently she is more qualified to run this powwow.
                            The only thing sadder than this committee falling apart, and possibly the powwow, is the broadcasting of the issues in such a personal way, especially here, at powwows.com.

My own personal opinion is that this should be resolved as best as it can amonst the people involved, and not move into such a public forum that can lead to snide innuendo and comments about people that the majority of US dont even know. Bringing it out here like this is taking the whole business down to a new level of disrespect and dishonor.

1 more point I would like to make, as 20+ year powwow vet, a former committee member of numerous powwows: No one person is "THE POWWOW". There should NEVER be one person who is allowed the vast majority of the credit for the success of a powwow, or the blame for the failures. Maybe this attitude is what lead to the point this committe finds itself in. All I know is that my family and I were planning on going to this powwow because my cousin's drum was going to record there. However, with this kind of stuff going on, I think we will stay home.

I sincerely hope that this forum gets dropped and all parties involved are able to work towards a resolution, instead of resorting to the more mainstream system of back biting and name calling. The first thing needed to restore the integrity of this event is the restoration of the integrity, honor and respect of the HUMANS involved.

Lila Pilamaye
                            Ipsica Waci
                            Wicahpi Eyoyambya Olowan

Comment

Amen

Originally posted by Lakota Wiyan View Post
                              The only thing sadder than this committee falling apart, and possibly the powwow, is the broadcasting of the issues in such a personal way, especially here, at powwows.com.

My own personal opinion is that this should be resolved as best as it can amonst the people involved, and not move into such a public forum that can lead to snide innuendo and comments about people that the majority of US dont even know. Bringing it out here like this is taking the whole business down to a new level of disrespect and dishonor.

1 more point I would like to make, as 20+ year powwow vet, a former committee member of numerous powwows: No one person is "THE POWWOW". There should NEVER be one person who is allowed the vast majority of the credit for the success of a powwow, or the blame for the failures. Maybe this attitude is what lead to the point this committe finds itself in. All I know is that my family and I were planning on going to this powwow because my cousin's drum was going to record there. However, with this kind of stuff going on, I think we will stay home.

I sincerely hope that this forum gets dropped and all parties involved are able to work towards a resolution, instead of resorting to the more mainstream system of back biting and name calling. The first thing needed to restore the integrity of this event is the restoration of the integrity, honor and respect of the HUMANS involved.

Lila Pilamaye
                              Duckie was involved in Red Earth many years ago, and for whatever reason he WAS NOT involved for many years. It continued.

Oklahoma has lots of tribes and I think a committee is the best was to represent our state. Red Earth will survive!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.