No announcement yet.

scrubby looking drummers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they are lucky that might pay for their gas. But with the gas prices now--I highly doubt it.lol

I've seen some of the drums after a pow wow where the split was like $30 a person. That's not all the time, but I have seen it a few times. And if they are not the host drum: get the hotel rooms and that, the cost for food and anything else can go over that fast. I know several of the people that I know who are on drums also compete in dancing, that's why they do that.

I've heard people complain "They're on the drum, they're already getting paid. Now they want more." No, it's not always about that, but sometimes the expense to get from one place to another.lol

Comment

which is why we travel to powwow no more 3 hours from where we are.....and besides we know quite a bit of people so we stay at their homes, or pack tents and look someone up to use their showers at their hotels.....theres always a way to remain frugal.....and for food, we take ice chests full of it and a little hibachi....*L*.....believe me food cooked yourself is always good....and soemtimes we recieve honoraiums which we use to get food.....and if you want something else you best bring your own money.....other than that, with us the understanding is there that money off of a drum is nothing, which is why we bring along extra for after powwow activities.....some 49, others find new baby mommas.....LOL!!!.....
      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Yep, that's what the ones that I know do too. Many times some of my friends and extended family will camp with me, I always bring extra food--not a whole lot--but enough, and I wind up feeding extra people. We wind up with a huge camp.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
          In which I don't agree.....
          I can care less if you agree or not. You are probablyreally young or haven't been raised in the arena, or you would have understood what I wrote. The clip attached is an example of what I was trying to convey, clean clothes, button down shirts, I don't see anyone in shorts or flip flops. It's not like this any more. Just walk around the drums at any powwow in '2008 and you lose a lot of how it used to be. Not every drum, but about 50%. I for one hate losing our ways and one of those ways is the singers appearance and behavior around our drums. Let's try to keep it real.

YouTube - Haystack Ramblers-Denver March 1989

Comment

We're all entitled.....

Originally posted by Ivanasnagu View Post
            I can care less if you agree or not. You are probablyreally young or haven't been raised in the arena, or you would have understood what I wrote. The clip attached is an example of what I was trying to convey, clean clothes, button down shirts, I don't see anyone in shorts or flip flops. It's not like this any more. Just walk around the drums at any powwow in '2008 and you lose a lot of how it used to be. Not every drum, but about 50%. I for one hate losing our ways and one of those ways is the singers appearance and behavior around our drums. Let's try to keep it real.

YouTube - Haystack Ramblers-Denver March 1989
            to an opinion or two....I understood what you wrote....Be careful when you assume something though...You'd be suprised....None the less I've seen a number of singers dress in a number of ways in my 30 years of singing....However I do care and thats why I said what i said....We are all entitled to our opinions....I just felt it was a lil extreme as far as what you said.....Oh and just as a side bar....2 of my Uncles are singing in the Denver clip....Small world huh?
            "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

It's really not important anyways.

Just a conversation.

Comment

oh man, theres a powwow this weekend.......gots to get me a new wife beater and old navy shorts that looks like it's been around the block a few times....................can't forget the beat up looking brand new hat either...........got to look sharp you know what I'm saying???......LOL!!!!
                sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                  oh man, theres a powwow this weekend.......gots to get me a new wife beater and old navy shorts that looks like it's been around the block a few times....................can't forget the beat up looking brand new hat either...........got to look sharp you know what I'm saying???......LOL!!!!
                  dont' forget the loin cloth!
                  "I tried being normal once, worse 2 mins of my life!"

Comment

only if I'm headed to CO there tayoonee.........then we can play Big Chief!!!.....LOL!!!! wut up gurlfren????.......LOL!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

only if I'm headed to CO there tayoonee.........then we can play Big Chief!!!.....LOL!!!! wut up gurlfren????.......LOL!!!!
                      Sorry, I had to...I can't believe someone would want them to wear loin cloths...LOL
                      Whats happening 50cal? Next powwow is this coming Friday...get walking!

Comment

Originally posted by tayoonee View Post
                        Sorry, I had to...I can't believe someone would want them to wear loin cloths...LOL
                        Whats happening 50cal? Next powwow is this coming Friday...get walking!
                        ooooo, so you wanna play Big Chief????.........woo-HOO!!!!.........I am so there..............wait where am I going????...........LOL!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tayoonee View Post
                          hey that's all good, I'll wear a loin cloth just for you....*wink*.....LOL!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

hey that's all good, I'll wear a loin cloth just for you....*wink*.....LOL!!!!
                            lets see..take a left, right at the next light...go down past whatchamacallit blvd..then an immediate right, another left around the curvy part and then ....you're there....c ya soon!

Comment

ROFLMAO--Dnag 50's at it again.LMAO

I like her answer though. I will have to remember that one.LMAO

Comment

at what again???.....LOL!!!!>..............

Tayoonee - I know where you're talking about......see ya in Denver!!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.