Thunderbird Winners????norman Ok..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird Winners????norman Ok..

Winners for Thunderbird Pow wow this past weekend?????anyone know?????

the only winners i knw
    mens grass 1st dj yarholar

womens bucksin 3rd erin yarholar

teen boys northern
    1marshal reeder
    2bryce bailey
    3willie nelson
    4wolf leitka

Comment

Originally posted by cconn9c View Post
      the only winners i knw

teen boys northern
      1marshal reeder
      2bryce bailey
      3willie nelson
      4wolf leitka
      Last edited by Amandajoy; 06-30-2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cconn9c View Post
        the only winners i knw

teen boys northern
        1marshal reeder
        2bryce bailey
        3willie nelson
        4wolf leitka
        Women's jingle

1.Joanne butler
        2.Jenny Weryackwe
        3.BG Bender
        4.Yvette Goodeagle

Women's fancy
        1.Josette Wawasick - fancy shawl special as well
        not sure who placed under her?

Women's Buckskin
        1.danielle downwind
        2.chay toehay
        3.Erin Chibitty
        4.Erin Plumely

Men's Straight
        1.Denny Medicinebird
        2.?
        3.Justin Yearby
        4.?

Men's traditional
        1. John Butler

Men's Fancy
        1. Cecile Grey

Men's fancy special - kevin Conwerdy

Grass
        1.Dj Yaholar

Jingle Dress Special - Shema Yearby

Cloth
        ? i didn't listen

Comment

ThunderBird

this pow-wow sucked A$# big time. Some of the winners were whack! and no I'm not a dancer, but travel enough to know who is it, and who is just plain whack!~ whack.

Comment

Even though you thought some of the dancers were whack. It looks like most of the dancers that placed are pretty good dancers.

Comment

Adult straight was Denny Medicine Bird, Michael Plumley, Justin Yearby and Henry McClellan. Earl Plumley got 4th in GA men.

Pow-wow was different, Mc was different but we had a good time anyway!

Comment

yeah thunderbird is always kinda wierd! anyway, i just went friday night. real boring and long!!! heard saturday was way worse!!

Comment

I have always enjoyed going to Thunderbird. It was a 2 day dance, so of course it would seem long because they contest Jrs, Teens and Adults. They also had a few special contests: Friday night Men's and Women's winner take all fancy contests. Then Saturday they had a special Jingle contest. The one thing that I like about Thunderbird is their judging. I get tired of traveling to all of these Oklahoma powwows and they have the same people win from one powwow to the next. POLITICS!!! I have talked with some of the powwow committee members and they have even said that they try to get a mix of people as judges to give dancers a fair chance. Which I think is really good! A couple of years ago I witnessed a few women complaining because they did not place or even make finals to the powwow committee. I hate it when people EXPECT to win because of their name or who they are related to! Makes them look foolish! I myself don't dance to contest and win money, I dance for those who cannot dance and to feel the spirit of the drum.

Mr.Littleaxe was the MC-have known him for many years. He has Mc'd a number of dances that I have attended throughout the years. One of the best damn stomp dance leaders I have ever heard.

All in all the dance was a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by luvstraightdancrs View Post
                    Adult straight was Denny Medicine Bird, Michael Plumley, Justin Yearby and Henry McClellan. Earl Plumley got 4th in GA men.

Pow-wow was different, Mc was different but we had a good time anyway!
                    Tbird is always fun, sometimes its 3 days, sometimes just 2. I wish it would have been on Sunday this year and I wouldn't have missed yall. xoxoxo!!!!
                    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X