Traders Village is still on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traders Village is still on....

The Texas Championship Pow-Wow at Traders Village in Houston, TX is still on. Even though Houston was blasted by Hurricane Ike, the committee is still going forward with plans for their 19th Annual pow-wow.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
    [email protected]

Yep yep! I'll be there. It's usually still hot during that time, but the way the weather has been lately, I don't think it will be too bad.
    Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Hey I got a question. Last year we came to this...the first and only powwow since we moved to Texas...and there was this fencing all around the arena separating the arena from the spectators. Has this always happened? And can us native folks that are just coming to enjoy the dancing and singing...enter the gated area with our own lawn chairs??? And what was up with the Taco line?!??! I went really to get myself a Taco only to wait in a line that never moved. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieTX View Post
        Hey I got a question. Last year we came to this...the first and only powwow since we moved to Texas...and there was this fencing all around the arena separating the arena from the spectators. Has this always happened? And can us native folks that are just coming to enjoy the dancing and singing...enter the gated area with our own lawn chairs??? And what was up with the Taco line?!??! I went really to get myself a Taco only to wait in a line that never moved. LOL.
        Houston Trader's Village elects to sell alcohol on their grounds and this is one way to control it from coming into the arena...and as far as I know and as long as you purchased a button...you can setup your lawn chairs behind the benches...and yes there is only that one taco stand...long lines all day...
        To err is human...to be stupid is...uh..well...normal

Comment

A button? Where the heck do you get the buttons? Yah I notice the alcohol. That was a real turn off. Never seen the spectators at any other powwow enjoying a corona while watching the powwow. Sad.

Dang taco line. I guess I'll have to get there at sunrise.

Comment

You can purchase the buttons from the pow wow committee.

Yah, the taco line is always long.
            Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Well I'll have to go check it out again. This is probably one of only a few I might get to this year since it's about 5 miles from me. Hard to travel with a new baby. Does anyone know the schedule yet?

:) -nm- I found the schedule on the flyer.
              Last edited by PrairieTX; 10-08-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Be sure to bring some shade for the baby, PRairie!
                Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Thanks for reminding me...I remembered when you said that, that there are no trees there or anything. A/C, you guys in Houston too?

Comment

No, our rez is about 90 miles north east of Houston. We live just outside of Livingston.
                    Last edited by ac_miss; 11-04-2008, 03:21 PM.
                    Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Ah ok...I didn't know there was one up there. I'm a bit new to Texas still and have been wrapped up with other things for about 12 months since being here, which is about a year and half. So 9 mos pregnant and 3 mos baby survival. LOL.

Well...I guess if your brother is singing I should atleast go an hear the tune.

Comment

There's another pow wow in the downtown area the weekend after Traders Village. I think it's listed on the pow wow calendar. It's small, but it's usually good.
                        Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

I'll have to look it up. I actually prefer small over the crowded ones...I remeber the crowd at Traders...It was hard just to manuever through the vendors. It's nice for them though...it seemed they were all doing really good. I need to get some pottery so I'll have to look around there. There were some really great peices in Lawton at their Arts for All the year before last. My house lacks decor and I'm trying to add some things here and there, but this past year has been all about getting baby furniture and trying to finish her nursery which is still a work in progress. I should have hired someone instead of waiting for the husband to finish it. LOL.

Comment

The committee & Traders Village staff work together & do their best with that they given. Whether the Indian people are dancers or spectators, they are more than welcome to bring their chairs to sit around the dance arena. Approach the AD or MC & they can help you, if they are not too busy. 12p for Grand Entry for Sat. and Sun. Nov. 8 & 9.

Comment

Originally posted by chipster View Post
                              The committee & Traders Village staff work together & do their best with that they given. Whether the Indian people are dancers or spectators, they are more than welcome to bring their chairs to sit around the dance arena. Approach the AD or MC & they can help you, if they are not too busy. 12p for Grand Entry for Sat. and Sun. Nov. 8 & 9.
                              Will do!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X