Head Staff:
    MCs: Mark Denning and Gordon Realbird
    Head Male Judge: Adrian Klein
    Head Lady Judge: Rose Track
    Head Veteran: George Martin
    AD: Dave Shananaquet
    Host Northern Drum: Black Whistle - Crow Agency, MT
    Host Southern Drum: Cricketthill - Chicago, IL

Grand Entry: Friday at 7:00 pm; Saturday at 1:00pm and 7:00pm; Sunday at 12:00pm

Doors open at 6:00 pm of Friday; 10:00 am Saturday & Sunday

Host Hotel: Best Western (708)544-9300

For more information, please contact the American Indian Center @ (773)275-5871 or visit us at The American Indian Center of Chicago- The Nation's oldest urban indian center. or at MySpace.com - American Indian Center of Chicago - 55 - Female - CHICAGO, Illinois - www.myspace.com/aicpowwow or email [email protected]

what is the dance/drum prize money? And who'z all goin'?

Comment

my ma and sister will be there. i won't be able to make it (again) but it's always a good time
      If you allow the world to change you, only then can you change the world....

Comment

Originally posted by itsmebadoink View Post
        what is the dance/drum prize money? And who'z all goin'?
        Golden Age 55+ & Adults 18-54:
        Mens Traditional, Grass, Fancy
        Womens Traditional, Jingle, Fancy
        *1st-$600 *2nd-$500 *3rd-$400 *4th-$300

Teens 13-17
        Boys Traditional, Grass, Fancy
        Girls Traditional, Jingle, Fancy
        *1st-$250 *2nd-$200 *3rd-$150 *4th-$100

Juniors 6-12
        Boys Traditional, Grass, Fancy
        Girls Traditional, Jingle, Fancy
        *1st-$100 *2nd-$75 *3rd-$50 *4th-$25

Tiny Tots Paid Daily

NO DRUM CONTEST.
        Drum Split $7,000.00

Comment

dance winners?

Who were the dance winners? what drums were there?

Comment

I need to start writing this all down

Women's Fancy: Crystal Cleveland, Star Lasley, Carol Meltingtallow, Shebabe Hodge
            Women's Jingle: Grace Pushtenoqua, Casey Hindsley (can't remember 3rd and 4th)
            Women's Tradish: I think Alva Fiddler took it.

Men's Tradish:Gabe Cleveland, Terry Fiddler, Charles Belisle (can't remember 4th)
            Men's Grass: I know Ronnie Preston got 2nd and I think Darryl Bolton got 3rd.
            Men's Fancy: Darryl Hill, Wayne Silas, Jerry Cleveland, Eric Bird

For Drums, I remember Midnight Express, Iroquois Connection, Black Bear, Ho Chunk Station, ?Black Whistle? (I think that's what it was), ?Cricket or Crooked? Hill, The Tribe...
            "Talk Is Fine- If You Got The Time, But I Ain't Got No Time To Spare...."

Comment

Drums

Black Whistle- Northern Host
              Cricket Hill- Southern Host

Menominee Travelers
              Midnite Express
              Tha Tribe
              Bear Clan
              Ho-Chunk Station
              Bear Heart
              Little Thunder
              Thunderbear
              Wind Eagle
              Brown Otter
              Iroquois Conferacy?

That's all I can remember.....

All were jammin!!! Great singing Fellas!!!

Comment

They certainly were during that musical chairs! I was crying cuz I was laughing so hard.... *L* I always wanted to see folks take it over the top to win the final chair!
                This totally made the pow wow worth my trip...
                "Talk Is Fine- If You Got The Time, But I Ain't Got No Time To Spare...."

Comment

Originally posted by Strugganona View Post

Women's Fancy: Crystal Cleveland, Star Lasley, Carol Meltingtallow, Shebabe Hodge

Men's Tradish:Gabe Cleveland, Terry Fiddler, Charles Belisle (can't remember 4th)

For Drums, I remember Midnight Express, Iroquois Connection, Black Bear, Ho Chunk Station, ?Black Whistle? (I think that's what it was), ?Cricket or Crooked? Hill, The Tribe...
                  Mens Grass First Place (Nodin)Darwin Thunder Menominee/Pottawatomi!! woohoo way to go Nodin!

Comment

They certainly were during that musical chairs! I was crying cuz I was laughing so hard.... *L* I always wanted to see folks take it over the top to win the final chair!
                    This totally made the pow wow worth my trip...
                    OH WAS THAT EVER HILARIOUS!!!! People grabbing chairs and lifting them away, people tackling people, it was crazy, but it looked like the winner got hurt from being tackled by the runner-up.

Comment

yeah poor courage injured his leg all for $150. i hope he got to keep it. Oh man but it was way funny to watch
                      onodowa'ga:' gal

Comment

AAAHH, i'm kicking my own butt for not goin!!! my sis n mother stopped by my house on their way up there, i should've tagged along w/ them and screwed work........
                        If you allow the world to change you, only then can you change the world....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X