Las Cruces Powwow Oct 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Cruces Powwow Oct 11-12

Here is the Drama of the drama's Powwow..... But least the $$ is decent.... Oh and bring your own chairs, blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, sheepskins, and Can-o-peas!!! It gets warm and sunny during the day and cold at night....

October 11-12th (Sat-Sunday)
    2008 Rio Grande Contest Pow Wow

DRUM & DANCE CONTEST! Admission $4.00 - ALL ROYALTY, DANCERS, DRUMS, VENDORS AND PUBLIC WELCOMED!!
    Head Staff:
    MC: Clayton Small
    Arena Director: TBA
    Head Judge: Terry Pecos, eeeeeeeya, you know the powwow is gonna be fixed now....lmao. Just kidding.

Head Man Dancer: Tyson Draper - BTW, I talked with the Drapers this weekend and they told me the committee had told Ty that they got someone else.... so I have no idea who the headman is or if Ty is still the Head Man....LOL But the fliers still had Ty's name on it.....

Head Lady Dancer: TBA
    Head Girl Dancer: Glenis Yazzie
    Head Boy Dancer: Odalis Uentillie

Host Northern Drum: Thunder Knife and then I also heard they invited Keres Nation too.... so who knows...I know we'll be and the boys will be down there singing....

Head Southern Drum: Southern Hills

Schedule:
    Saturday -
    10:00 am - Mr. Norman Bahe - Navajo Scholar / Medicine Man
    11:00 am - Gourd Dancing (Mescalero Gourd Society)
    1:00 pm - Grand Entry / Contest Pow Wow
    5:00 pm - Supper Break / Gourd Dancing
    7:00 pm - Grand Entry / Contest Pow Wow

Sunday -
    11:00 am - Gourd Dancing
    1:00 pm - Final Grand Entry / Contest Pow Wow

Contacts: Matt Runsabove 575-621-4232, email: [email protected]. John Yazzie 928-380-3426, email: [email protected]. Nati Melon 575-524-0623, email: [email protected].

Vendor Information: Kim Johann 575-993-9834, email: [email protected].

Pow wow sponsors N.M.S.U., INCA, Piro Manso Tiwa Tribe and Roberto's Restaurant are not responsible for any damages or any accidents, stolen or lost items and or vehicles. B.Y.O.C. - BRING YOUR OWN CHAIRS!! This is an alcohol and drug free event

For hotels contact: [email protected]
    You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
    [email protected]

have fun! let us know how it goes.

Comment

I saw Odalis dance Jr. boys at Shiprock.... he was just cute...

Comment

I know...both him and Cash.... its funny, sometimes I have a hard time telling the 2 apart...:D. This will be the first time he'll be head boy..... Plus its the 1st time Thunderknife is host drum, the boys have been singing together for like 3 years now, (the main lead singers, 3 of them, mah lil one included). The others just joined up these past few months and 2 other veterans (singing over a year). The youngest is 7 or just about to turn 8, the oldest, besides the head singer is 13.... They have been performing all over ABQ and singing for different conventions plus contesting at powwows. So its good to see the boys now hosting at powwows. They will also be hosting at our Children's Powwow in December.

All of us are proud of them, so look out N. Cree......lol, kidding.

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
        [email protected]

Comment

so whats the results how was it?
          SOUTHERN XTREME.....WE HERE NOW!!!!! www.myspace.com/southernxtremesingers

Comment

how did this one turn out?

Comment

ok its like monday 3pm i know you pw junkies that went have to be home by now with an update!!

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Guess not......

Comment

LMAOH @ powwow junkies.... if you know us powwow junkies you have to know we need another day off the computer to just recover...LOL.

The results are posted on newmexicopowwows.com - Powwow in the Land of Enchantment . So if you're extra curious go there.

It was a quiet nice powwow, not too many dancers, but what do you expect without advertising??? The payout was decent though. The lil one got first but he was the only, besides a tot, jr boys dancer in all categories..... He got to sport his new digs though. Even womens fancy and jingle there were only 1 contestant, so Leandra Peters and Tara Abeita both took first. :D.

Thunderknife did very well for their first host drum gig. Look for them at our 4th Annual Children's Winter Powwow December 13th here in Albuquerque. They will be our host youth drum.

The weather was nice and humid, hot on Sunday and a nice light rain on Saturday after the contests, then sat night was nice.

Odalis was just the cutest ever...... Spittin image of uncle spike and his cuzzin Cash.... And what a ham....he ate it up but definitely cute. He did a great job, I know mom and dad are really proud of him. So are we.

Only 2 drums in contest, so ya all who didn't come down missed out...LOL.

Anyhow, I guess we'll see whomever at Highland Powwow this weekend and perhaps in Mescalero the next. Keep hittin the trail and travel safely.

Nezzy

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Nezbah View Post

The results are posted on newmexicopowwows.com - Powwow in the Land of Enchantment . So if you're extra curious go there.

Nezzy

the site is down again!!! arrrrgh

Comment

Originally posted by southern_xtreme2k5 View Post
                      the site is down again!!! arrrrgh
                      LOL................ keep swimming just keep swimming.

I go there and its not down....maybe its you...hahaha

Laters

[email protected]

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.