Santa Fe Days Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Fe Days Tx

Santa Fe Days Was a blast, We had a great time and O` The sweet wonderful venders that brought there very best. Not to mention the dancers that represented our people and our culture. I was so proud to have been apart of this event. Thay had a large turnout and lot`s of fry bread sold. If you have not seen the aztec people dance (you got to see them) It was worth the drive. I must give credit to the YELLOW FISH tribe and Tom Gray Elk for pulling this off, what a great time we had! The MC was the top`s so pro and can dance his butt off, He and his clan are worth the drive anywhere! I will be posting pic`s of the great native american people that pulled this off. Thanks for the great time! Fallen Timbers of the Miami people. Autumn Fall Fox
    Last edited by SheCloudWalker; 10-31-2008, 07:24 PM. Reason: misspell

Yellowfish tribe??? Ummm....okaaaay.
    Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Santa Fe Days was entertaining

Santa Fe Days on the Square had some tough competition with the big Texas/OU football game, an air show, the State Fair and quite a few other events going on, not to mention the high price of gas.

Still, the weather was awesome, the dancers were great, both the various dancers from the U.S. tribes and the Aztec Dancers. The food was great and I believe most of the non-Natives that attended got a better understanding of Native traditions and an educational look at the culture. Hopefully they learned that Natives exist in the modern world and aren't an uneducated group of drunken, gambling pagans like the news tends to portray.

While videotaping interviews and the event for use in next year's PSA, I met many interesting people with some wonderful stories of their craft and how they grew up learning the dances, jewlery making, etc.

I can't wait for next year's event.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X