Sounds of thunder pow wow info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds of thunder pow wow info!

If you can watch wfaa channel 8 news fort worth tx tonight at 6:00 pm for the rest of the story! The real reason why our pow wow didn't happen in willow park!
    If not hopefully you can get it on the net!!!

Thanks for all of your support.

If you can........let us know what the broadcast says.
    Unfortunately I won't be home from work until 6:30........so I'll miss the news. But then again, maybe they'll put it on the web........I hope.
    Thanks for the heads up on the broadcast.

Comment

For those DFW folks sitting in traffic at 6pm. News 8's 6 pm news is rebroadcast on KFWD (Analog 52) at 7pm.

Comment

I think they cut it because of the Dallas cowboy news...........anyone know if it will be re-broadcast at 10pm?

Comment

Couldn't catch it in time either but maybe we can get it on the web. I did listen to Beyond Bows & Arrows Sunday night on KNON, and they talked about it some. I felt sad as she talked about it 'cause you could hear the dissappointment in her voice even though she was trying to stay professional and calm. I sent an e-mail to KXAS (ch. 5) and the Star-Telegram to try and drum (no pun intended) up some interest in the story. I've wanted to e-mail my dissappointment to the city of Willow Park itself, but so far I have refrained until I've heard the complete story.
          "As through this world I've wandered, I've met lots of funny men. Some will rob you with a six-gun, and some with a fountain pen." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

NancyJo, the tv guide shows that there should be a re-broadcast of the news @ 10m. I did sit & watch it @ 6pm til 6:30pm when it went to the sports for half hour. I hope it says something about it at 10pm. The news person told Wolf1 that it would be on news. It wasn't just something made up by Wolf1, so I hope everyone will keep watching & listening for the truth to be out from somewhere. Of course the City officials want to deny saying any of the things they said. It was a great disappointment to all involved in this Powwow. It was in the making & planning for a year, so this town of Willow Park, Texas has a lot to answer for. They need to learn to not stereotype and not 'All Indians are drunks'.
            ,,,not all who wander are lost,,,

Comment

Morning Cloud...........I have no doubts it was supposed to be broadcast. Just our local news seems to have jaded ideas about what's more important to broadcast.
              I'm not a big local news fan............so if anyone gets notice that it's going to be on the news let me know. I'll watch for it. I hope that it will get some national attention.

Comment

Fort Worth Star-Telegram story

American Indian group says denial of a permit for powwow was racially motivated | State | Star-Telegram.com

Comment

Sounds like a letter/email campaign might be a good idea. And the local news media that want to should interview those headstaff who might be willing to give a comment. I'm sure a comment from your MC and Buffalo Horse your host N. Drum would help create a positive image for the committee.

Comment

Thanks OLChemist for the source for us. I'm glad they put it on the web news. I'm too far West to get that paper I think. At least it does say a small amount of what was said.....now I wonder if they would say the same things about hillbillys & moonshine................

Comment

Thanks OLChemist for the source for us. I'm glad they put it on the web news. I'm too far West to get that paper I think. At least it does say a small amount of what was said....

Comment

Channel 8 tonight

WFAA Ch.8 ran the story today @ 6:00pm, will probably replay tonight. It was short of course, but with that and the Star-Telegram on the same day, at least word is getting out.
                        "As through this world I've wandered, I've met lots of funny men. Some will rob you with a six-gun, and some with a fountain pen." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Thanks OLChemist for the newspaper source. I also recieved it in an email. I posted a thanks but it didnt make it on here for some reason, so this is late by about 5 hours. Oh well. I did see it on tv.

Comment

Its good to my heart to actually see your face (even if it is on the monitor) again. You do still exist, you're not just a voice on the phone, or just a thought. Hope you got the link to the star telegram SOTS story. It was promised that tonight the interview will be on at 10:00 pm.
                            I'm new to this stuff (blogging), I see everybody else has a good idea of how to handle this community blog thing. As, for me I call it a talk together, making talk, or when you get together and eat, I call it an eat together.
                            I also want to say thanks to all that are interested on the real deal of SOTS story, and the support from everyone.
                            Last edited by Wolf1; 10-15-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I saw the broadcast, too! I was glad that they (Channel 8) got better information from Gathering of Nations.........the newspaper article did sound like there were a lot of arrest at GON.........but the news peice pretty much dispelled that.
                              So as the board members of the Sounds of Thunder.......how do you think the newspaper and the news article do?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.