Wilkes Community College PowWow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkes Community College PowWow

I came across this powwow flyer for a powwow on November 8th.

Wilkes Community College (North Carolina)
    Global Education Division Presents the

1st Annual Powwow

Saturday, November 8th, 2008
    WCC Gym in Randolph Hall

Time : 10am - 6pm
    Grand Entry at Noon
    2:30-3:30 Storytelling and dExhibitions

Host Southern Drum : Red Oak Singers
    Host Northern Drum : Red Earth

Head Man Dancer : Nick Richardson
    Head Lady Dancer : Kristey Evans
    MC : Clark Stwart

All Drums and Dancers Welcome!

For more info : Monte Boddie ([email protected])

WCC is located off of US 421 between I-77 and Boone, NC.

No mention of any fees. It appears to be a social powwow as there is no mention of any contest either.
    "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

thanks for posting this hobbs. Is there anyone in the area going? Monte has worked really hard on this soI hope people get out and support him

LQ
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

I know at least four of us from the rez are cruising up there for this dance :)

Sounds fun and will make a nice day trip...
      I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Bump: It's likely to be a small dance, so just trying to give it some more pub.

Comment

I heard Road House may show up.

Dat would be cool.
          To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Comment

Originally posted by Wojapi4Me View Post
            I know at least four of us from the rez are cruising up there for this dance :)

Sounds fun and will make a nice day trip...
            Does that mean that you guys will be singing?

Comment

Just got home...had a great time.

Pow Wow was nice. It started with a great foundation and is sure to do nothing but get better.

You'll wanna mark this one on your calendar for next year.

LSS

Comment

We had a great time, great drumming and singing and that MC WOW he really kept things going!!!

It was good to put some faces to names on here
                Diffinately put on calendar for next year
                Last edited by Okwataga; 11-10-2008, 08:41 AM.
                Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

For a 1st Annual, I thought that this was a really nice dance. MC and AD both did a really good job of creating order and keeping things moving. No major hiccups that I was aware of. The facility was really nice. The food was quick and easy with no waiting in line as well as providing a nice place to sit and eat. The drums both brought their 'A' games. Head dancers and committee even did a give away, something which isn't really seen much around here in my experience. There was a good mix of dancers who came out and all danced hard. For a largely inexperienced committee, they certainly did their homework in putting this together. Oh and there was a good flow of spectators there too! I think Mr Boddie said about 300-400 people passed through the door. Finally how can I forget the signs which led me from the highway all the way to the dance location; top notch!

I'd definately recommend the 2nd Annual WIlkes Community College Powwow to anyone looking for a well put together dance next fall! It would be really great to see more dancers next year!

Comment

Oh yes the signs
                    that was just great
                    easy to see and read !!!

Great job to everyone

Comment

This dance was a lot of fun! Red Oak and Red Earth kicked out some keen songs all day long, and the MC and AD both did a great job. The MC was one of the best I've ever heard east of the Mississippi and kept the program moving right along the entire day...just awesome!!

The food was keen...the road signs were nice...the gas money was cool...just a very friendly pow wow with very nice people...not much more I can say other than I'd HIGHLY recommend this dance to anyone!!
                      I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

here is a picture of both drums

hopeyou like the pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Okwataga View Post
                          hopeyou like the pictures
                          Yeah...cool pics of us. I just hate it looks like I've got a patch of gray hair. But, all in all....great pic.

Comment

Thanks for all of the comments on MC'ing. I really try hard to give my best no matter what p/w it is. I really enjoyed working with Art. We found out that we were in the Marine Corps at the same time.

Now for the drums. Boy, did y'all kick butt!!!!!! Both drums were really great. I just love working with both of these drum groups. Of course, we all are friends anyway.

Monte, keep up the good work. This p/w is only going to grow and get better.
                            Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X