Help becoming a singer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help becoming a singer

Hey guys, so basically I am trying to become a powwow singer and I’ve been wanting to for a while but I really don’t know how to sing. I’m familiar with song structure and all of that but the Singing itself is what I have trouble with because I’ve found no videos or anything that could help me. I found a drum group who is willing to teach me to sing but that won’t till a few more months . I want to sing northern style and really high pitched is there anyone who might me able to give me some info?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• LSS
    Is there a difference?
    by LSS
    With the present day emergence of "Drum Groups", do any of you guys notice a difference in the way people sing?

What I'm getting at is when I'm sitting at the "Center Drum" I've noticed a good number of people not singing hard, or at least so it seems! I know with...
    04-02-2006, 03:35 PM
  • ScarFace
    Friendly competition???
    by ScarFace
    Come on there's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition among drum groups. After all most of all groups know and get along pretty well with eachother. There may be some exceptions but that just adds to the contest. Now I don't want to hear from you winer's about how "real powwow singing...
    11-22-2001, 05:19 AM
  • tigger
    singing exersises
    by tigger
    yeah like with BPlenty's drumm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-28-2000, 03:03 PM
  • Native_Huney426
    Help!
    by Native_Huney426
    I am supposed to start dancing soon and I was told I had to have some sort of coming out ceremony because it will be my very first time dancing and my best friend who told me this has no clue what kind of ceremony it is or how to go about doing it so I am in the dark and dont know what to do if someone...
    10-26-2002, 04:36 AM
  • youandme
    Starting a drum
    by youandme
    For many years I have gone to powwows and have been asked to sit and sing with different drums. Now for the past 2 years people have been asking when I am going to start a drum of my own, I recently was speaking to a friend of mine who makes drums and he told me that he was making me a drum and that...
    01-30-2007, 04:03 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X