American Indian Inaugural Ball - Powwow! January 19, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Indian Inaugural Ball - Powwow! January 19, 2009

see the attached flyer for all information related to the American Indian Inaugural Ball Powwow that will be hosted by the American Indian Society of Washington, D.C. on Monday, January 19, 2008.

the powwow will be at the Hyatt Regency-Crystal City 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, VA 22202
    Hotel Phone # 703-418-1234

for more information regarding the powwow agenda and activities, contact Echo-Hawk (Pete) Neconie, AIS Inaugural Pow-Wow Committee Chairman at [email protected]

head staff:
    mc: keith colston & sandon jacobs
    head man: erny zah
    head woman: nita one bear
    head gourd dancer: dennis zotigh
    arena directors: urie ridgeway, echohawk neconie
    advisor: clayton old elk
    host southern: black bear singers
    host northern: white oak singers
    host color guards: vietnam era veterans inter tribal assoc & indian nations warriors & veterans honor color guard

gourd dancing 1-4pm
    dinner break 4:30-5:30pm
    grand entry 6pm

see the flyer for additional information.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bushy_braids; 12-16-2008, 05:53 PM. Reason: email addy
    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Hey who all is coming to this awesome pow-wow?? And who all is going to the ball? I am :)
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

well I'm hoping to be goin up just for the powwow though hopefully the traffic on Monday won't be too bad from here......if it's too backed up I'll be staying home..........but count me in for now

Comment

Inaugural Pow wow

I'll be there, along with our drum....making the journey from Wisconsin!!!! Sounds like it's going to be a great time!!!!

Comment

I might be there it depends on how I feel. I have a bad cold right now.

Comment

Community Appreciation Potluck Dinner - Sunday, January 18th

FYI - the American Indian Society is also hosting a Community "Appreciation" Potluck Dinner on Sunday, January 18th.

357 Frederick Avenue
            Rockville, MD
            (Near Rockville Metro Station)
            Telephone: 240-314-8780

Time:
            11 a.m. Set-Up
            12:30 p.m. Dinner
            3 p.m. Close

Directions:
            From the 495 Beltway, exit at Highway 270 northward to Rockville, Maryland. At Exit 6, Montgomery Avenue exit to the right going East to Washington Street and turn left; go North two blocks to Middle Avenue turning right; go 2-1/2 blocks and just under the train track turn north on Stonestreet Avenue; go 6 blocks to Frederick Avenue; turn right, go about 4 blocks to Lincoln Park Community Center on the right side of the street.

Please see the attached flyer for additional details.
            Attached Files
            "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Bullrider
              I've had this cold since before Christmas and I now sound like Marge Simpson.......lol. So having a cold is no excuse............lol A Powwow is just what we need to get rid of these colds..........lol

Comment

bushy_braids, I emailed you on your hotmail.
                I'm in the midst of booking my flights into D.C. I'll be there Sunday to Wednesday. YAY!!

Comment

YAY! I can't wait...I heard there are 12 drums coming...can not confirm this yet - so don't ask....just got a text message that this is what is expected...should be a ball.....:) I mean a pow-wow- the ball is the next night...lol - hahaha - I know, don't quit my day job....lol

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Ace View Post
                    YAY! I can't wait...I heard there are 12 drums coming...can not confirm this yet - so don't ask....just got a text message that this is what is expected...should be a ball.....:) I mean a pow-wow- the ball is the next night...lol - hahaha - I know, don't quit my day job....lol

Went up yesterday for volunteer training - at least 8 confirmed drums - there is gonna be so much going on - Keith and Sandon are co-mcs. It is gonna be awesome...see ya all there tomorrow...for the ball, they are expecting 4K folks..all in gowns, tuxs or regalia....it is gonna be awesome....talk later...come on down, over, across or up...

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Good to see Keith and Sandon co-MC'ing!

Sandon, you've come a long way from running around in diapers on SR1740!

Keith, you've always been a humble and respectful young man. Say hi to your mom and dad for me.

Great to see both of you representing the Indians of North Carolina!!!

Hope everyone has great time and let us know who got to two-step with Barak!!!

P.S. Will someone give Obama Girl a hug for me!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

I just wanna know how it turned out...

I wanted to go, but couldn't afford to take another day off.
                        To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Did Bushy See Oji?
                          Did Oji See Bushy?

Hope you all had a good time. Wish we could have made it today. Miss You Galz!
                          ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Great time

Many many congrads to all who help put on this event.

I had a great time. Meet many natives from all over the united states. Wonderful, Wonderfull good feelings all around.

The gourd dancing and powwow were awesome!!!!!

If you werent able to make it. You missed some mighty fine singing indeed.

I had to head back to NC before the ball.
                            Any news on how that was?

Sabrina

Comment

what drums were there???
                              sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X