Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strugganona
    replied
    Homi-ur not the LAST one to resist facebook...or myspace...or hi5....im on that boat too! *L* Im holding out as long as I can-which won't be that much longer if pwws start putting all their info up on those websites.....

bvr-you ARE always cute "EH"...it's the genetics of being Native!

Leave a comment:

• bvr_wmn
    replied
    Originally posted by homi View Post
    Had a good time at this one. Had an awesome hotel. Hey Ol'girl good to see you again. nope I don't facebook. Yes i realize i am the last person on earth not on there but that is why i resist. lol. Hey struggs looking good out there in ur new stuff. Allison all cute too eh? lol.
    hey i try to be cute all the time!!!! lol i just need some northern cloth categories up NORTH!!!! lol

Leave a comment:

• LisaMOOSE07
    replied
    congrats to Gabe and Dana, two of my favorite mens traditional

Leave a comment:

• homi
    replied
    Had a good time at this one. Had an awesome hotel. Hey Ol'girl good to see you again. nope I don't facebook. Yes i realize i am the last person on earth not on there but that is why i resist. lol. Hey struggs looking good out there in ur new stuff. Allison all cute too eh? lol.

Leave a comment:

• Huronndn
    replied
    Dumb Tax Forms

Originally posted by OneidaLuv77 View Post
    I had a great time at the PW as i do every year. But what is the main purpose of filling out tax forms, and making canadian visitors do the same. Im not sure if there are regulations, etc. But thats rediculous!! 1st place prize money was $400, not like $600. Just curious ??? Im sure im not the only one that would like to know.

Oh and parking was a pain in the _ _ _ !! Why do they close off the parking lot to the Jenison for a MSU game? No one even used it except handicap participants, from what I seen.

Not trying to start crap , but just would like to know. Its inconvenient for those who travel far and are hyped to attend, especially with this being one of the 1st pws of the year.
    You have to fill out tax forms because its University regulations. Im on the powwow committee, and a dancer my self, and I know how much of a pain it is. Just to answer your question.

Leave a comment:

• jed
    replied
    Yeah, Kehewin (notorious for a 7 am Monday morning finish) it wasn't.

Yeah, you need at least three songs around here in the summer, first two just to get yer blood moving again.

Parking is free in Duck Lake if you happen to be there. Just try and keep it between the two curbs.

Leave a comment:

• Strugganona
    replied
    I think the Men's Grass went 3rd-Quanah, 2nd-Daryl, and 1st was Jesse...
    And was there even a women's back up singing contest? I couldn't hear anything in there, so I might of missed it.

Leave a comment:

• Great Lakes Islander
    replied
    Hey Jed, glad you had a good time, didn't realize you were the former mayor, if only.

Originally posted by jed View Post
    I had a good time. Was my first Michigan Pow wow. Sure was short though, I am kinda used to dancing at 2am, so being done by 10pm on Sat was kind of strange. I might be back.
    didn't realize you were the "former' mayor, if only I knew, wouldn't been lobbying for parking permit permit or something, lol.

yeah, one can get a bit spoiled dancing east. I remember one time,this local shawl dancer went to Alberta, she is from Ontario. We were at Siksika, and Adult go-arounds started after 11 p.m., and it was cold, three songs to boot. Good songs, good tempo...she came off the floor after being judged, crying, limping and icicles dripping from her nose.
    Needlees to say, Alberta pow-wows are not on her list of fav powwows
    Last edited by Great Lakes Islander; 02-24-2009, 05:47 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• jed
    replied
    I had a good time. Was my first Michigan Pow wow. Sure was short though, I am kinda used to dancing at 2am, so being done by 10pm on Sat was kind of strange. I might be back.

Leave a comment:

• gahzundteit
    replied
    Anyone have the drum contest results?

Leave a comment:

• OneidaLuv77
    replied
    Tax Forms and Parking on Sunday

I had a great time at the PW as i do every year. But what is the main purpose of filling out tax forms, and making canadian visitors do the same. Im not sure if there are regulations, etc. But thats rediculous!! 1st place prize money was $400, not like $600. Just curious ??? Im sure im not the only one that would like to know.

Oh and parking was a pain in the _ _ _ !! Why do they close off the parking lot to the Jenison for a MSU game? No one even used it except handicap participants, from what I seen.

Not trying to start crap , but just would like to know. Its inconvenient for those who travel far and are hyped to attend, especially with this being one of the 1st pws of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Great Lakes Islander
    replied
    MSU, Men's Grass Special

I'd say there were about 9 adult men's Grass dancer there and all the teens. 5 judges picked two dancers each for finals from 13+, by the time the 5th judge went out to pick his two, the remaining men on the floor were walking off.
    Top 8
    David Trudeau,
    Quanah LaRose
    Darrel Bolton
    Bud Day
    Jesse Osawamick

....forget,
    Judges had a tough time to pick, there was dance off between David Trudeau and Quanah LaRose.

Winner---David Trudeau, Anishinaabe, Wikwemikong,

Leave a comment:

• Joe G
    replied
    Yeah it was pretty nice, once you got past driving through the blizzard! But it was a nice get together...

Leave a comment:

• Ol'Girl
    replied
    2d Jason Whitehouse
    3d Eric Bird, but Ima call him Bubba from now on, heh heh heh

Darrell Bolton got in there in menz grass

Had lotsa fun this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• ndneyez
    replied
    Some Winners For Ya!

Wow! I started typing this list and am struggling with names. I see their faces but can't remember names. Somebody help me fill in the cracks.....lol They do say, the mind is the first thing to go

Golden Age Women
    1st: Debbie Klein
    2nd: Karen Pheasant
    3rd: JoAnn Whitehouse

Golden Age Men
    1st:
    2nd: George Martin
    3rd: Ted White

Women's Tradish
    1st: Melissa Montoya
    2nd: Rebecca Smith
    3rd: Danielle Benton

Men's Tradish
    1st: Gabe Cleveland
    2nd: Dana Warrington
    3rd: Charles Belisle (won dance off with Will Hedgepeth)

Women's Jingle
    1st: Grace Pushatanequa
    2nd: Iliana Montoya
    3rd: Tahnee Back

Men's Grass
    1st:Jesse Osawmick
    2nd: Quanna
    3rd:

Women's Fancy
    1st: Heather Schuyler
    2nd: Barbara O'Rourke
    3rd: Theresa Magnuson

Men's Fancy
    1st: Darrell Hill
    2nd:
    3rd: Bubba from N.C. .....lol

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.