Eastern Shoshone Indian Days, Fort Washakie, WY 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.y.!: )

.......appreciate the support in the recent taste of bitter defeat. You all R too kind. It's a good thing I'm too busy working on a successful Eastern Shoshone Indian Days Celebration to sulk and wallow in my own self-pity. Thanks troopers.....you are all my heroes and you are a part of the reason why I dance.
    "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

Countdown.....

Seventeen Days til ESID!!!

Comment

Dale Roberts will provide TOP quality sound for this year's celebration!!

Comment

14 days til ESID!!

Comment

Don't miss out!!!

I posted this on a blog......thought it would serve well here too........
            Did not edit.....hope there's not too many typos......
            Fort Washakie has just about everything you would want in a Great Pow-wow:
            1. Top Quality sound.......compliments of Dale Roberts.
            2. Good Prize Money.......Top ten in every dance category will get paid.
            3. Excellent variety of food.......15-20 food vendors
            4. Fantastic Singing........Host Drum North Bear, Honor Drum Ghost Canyon. MNX, Battle River, Pipestone, Mesquaki, The Boyz......have all expressed serious interest and have been there in years past
            5. Fair judging/point system.......good balance of local and visiting judges from all regions of the U.S.......last years winners were from all regions
            6.Awesome Head staff.........MC Jason GoodStriker & AD Randy Paskemin
            7. Super arena......short level grass......not too thick.......no holes
            8. Beautiful Scenery.......at the base of the 13,000 ft, snowcapped Wind River Mtns.
            9. Plenty of Specials......one for every adult category.....including one for Jr. Girls Fancy and Jr. & teen Girls Jingle, a hand drum special and a free-style two-step!
            10. Decent camp grounds with showers in the vicinity
            11. Variety of other events including rodeo, music festival, car & bike show, fun run, volleyball tourney, horse shoe tourney, Indian games: Shinny, arrow throw, football, moccasin race, tug of war, rock throw. MMA Cage Fights, 3 0n 3 hoops, and many more!!
            12. Unforgettable experience opportunities in the vicinity......visit Sinks Canyon State Park where you can witness Mother Earth's natural phenomenon---water disappears into huge caverns and resurfaces a mile down the canyon where there are 30lb rainbow trout that you can feed off a bridge, visit Wind River canyon where you can observe various formation drive through rock tunnels, see golden and bald eagles soar, witness breathtaking canyon walls that rise over a thousand feet, visit Hot Springs State Park where there are almost a dozen fun waterslides, visit the nation's first and most beautiful National Park---Yellowstone, visit Teton State Park and observe the majectic snowcapped Teton that rise over 10,000 feet (perhaps the most photographed peaks in the world.)
            Last edited by Furiously-Fancy; 06-13-2009, 05:50 PM.

Comment

If you haven't made reservations yet........The Maverick Lodge in Lander has about 8 rooms reserved for Eastern Shoshone Indian Days. If you are interested call (307) 332-2300 and let them know you would like a room and you are attending ESID.

Comment

Originally posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post
                If you haven't made reservations yet........The Maverick Lodge in Lander has about 8 rooms reserved for Eastern Shoshone Indian Days. If you are interested call (307) 332-2300 and let them know you would like a room and you are attending ESID.
                FF, i found a room, my sister had an extra one reserved so looks like i will be there for sure, gonna have to find wyo rose lol........we will see you soon

Comment

Eastern Shoshone Indian Days Golf Classic

ESEC will also be sponsoring a golf tournament.
                  *1st place $300, 2nd place $200 and 3rd place $100.
                  *18 holes will be played @ the Lander Golf Course Friday, June 26, 2009.
                  *The fee is $48.00
                  *RSVP no later than 5:00 p.m. MST Wednesday, June 24, 2009.
                  Call (307) 349-5664

Comment

clubbn

I guess I better pull out tha clubs den! lol... but yeah, gotta room at Best Western...surprised they still had some, but good to go! Pray for nice evenings and no rain!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tradancur View Post
                      I guess I better pull out tha clubs den! lol... but yeah, gotta room at Best Western...surprised they still had some, but good to go! Pray for nice evenings and no rain!!
                      Is this an official RSVP??

Yeah the Inn @ Lander has a few rooms because the committee let them go and booked with another lodge.......so yeah.....some of yuz were "lucky Duckies" Ha! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Furiously-Fancy View Post
                        ESEC will also be sponsoring a golf tournament.
                        *1st place $300, 2nd place $200 and 3rd place $100.
                        *18 holes will be played @ the Lander Golf Course Friday, June 26, 2009.
                        *The fee is $48.00
                        *RSVP no later than 5:00 p.m. MST Wednesday, June 24, 2009.
                        Call (307) 349-5664
                        The format will be a 4 man scramble and starts @ 9:00 a.m.

Comment

Less than 3 days until the BIG SHINDIG!!!
                          Last edited by Furiously-Fancy; 06-23-2009, 03:05 AM.

Comment

specials

so what specials are going on Thursday night? Some inquiring Ft. Heezy peeps are asking... fill us in on tha details....

Comment

Originally posted by Tradancur View Post
                              so what specials are going on Thursday night? Some inquiring Ft. Heezy peeps are asking... fill us in on tha details....
                              Women's Traditional, Women's Jingle & Women's Fancy Shawl Specials will be paid out Thursday night. The two-step special and hand drum specials will be run on points and will start Thursday night. Points for the regular dance categories starts Friday @ 7:00 p.m.

Comment

So i'm counting down the hours now until i hit the Road to fort washakie!!

I think Furiously Fancy should have a powwow.com's special at ft. washakie :P:P (or atleast a shout out! ha ha)

anyway.. hope you guys have a good trip.. drive safe n buckle up :D see ya there

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.