GON 2009...anyone goin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GON 2009...anyone goin??

Now with the gas prices down are you still going to go??

Last year, I saw a decline and alot of cancellations due to the gas prices..... so now this year, things have gone down, wonder if attendance will be up?? The Balloon Fiesta and State Fairs saw a huge decline in attendance in 2008 so I wonder if its gonna effect GON this year.

As usual, I will have my GON Hotel rates at the Townplace Suites near the 'pit'. I think GON has opted to go with the MCM Elegante which is pretty far away. Keep in mind the government rates in Albs was raised in October for 80.00 per night, so most of the rates are going to be that and above for a decent hotel.

The daily rate for GON is 19.00 per day, dunno what the 2 day passes are goin for...*S*. Then you have to pay the parking fees on top of that, ugh. Then you have your 10.00 Indian taco's and 5.00 hotdogs...LOL.

But I am going to have my booth again this year, so drop by. If you want low hotel rates at nice hotels near the pit, email me, I will have the rates posted by the end of this week. If you need airline or car rates, I have special rates for them too.

Hope to see you there.... Nezzy

[email protected]
    Native Paths Travel
    You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
    [email protected]

I hope to go, but I am surprised that airfares don't seem to be going down. You would think that they would- or that airlines would at least get rid of the extra luggage fees or something, although to be honest, I seldom check bags.

Comment

Passing on GON 09, saving $$ for NABI in Glendale. Hopefully it's cheaper. Check out Super Bowl Champs AZ Cardinals Stadium.

Comment

I'll be there! The two day passes are around $40 this year! yikes!!

Comment

No GON for me either...

Comment

I'm going....already got my room reserved.....going to order my tickets online......then I'm driving there......should be fun......probably not going to sing, just watch and enjoy the powwow for once.......yeah right LOL!!!.....
            sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by walelaGA View Post
              I'll be there! The two day passes are around $40 this year! yikes!!
              yikes~! ... yea i was talkin wit one of my sisters n we were both wanting to go but we dont want to go wit any of our kids LMFAO ... but yea prolly a pass for me again this year. partner said he was taking me for sure this time but i always hear that from him ... but that would mean id have to like go with him
              Watch your broken dreams...
              Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Yep, we're going this year, and i do mean it! *LOL* We didn't go for the past 2 years, so I'm definitely going this year.

$40 for 2 day passes?! Well, I guess I'll be busy having raffle and food sales until then. *ROFL* So stop by my house and buy something, will ya? *LOL* GON or bust for me. Aye!
                Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Originally posted by fiction View Post
                  Passing on GON 09, saving $$ for NABI in Glendale. Hopefully it's cheaper. Check out Super Bowl Champs AZ Cardinals Stadium.
                  GON prices & all things associated with it, are just getting too expensive. Food Vendors are out of control, etc.

Did I read it will cost $18 p/day for tickets to the Pit and it will cost $40 for a 2-day pass?

What's wrong w/that picture?

Hint: Just buy (2) separate daily tickets @ $18 a piece. It will be cheaper than a 2-day pass @ $40.

Comment

i heard it was 38 bucks?? and the braclet includes in and outs which is soo important cause if u go in with a one day theres no guarantee u can get back in. the pit is gonna fill up haha whether u like it or not. pulling an all day and nighter there at the pit is tough! totally tried it!

alot of nice drums there from all over, nice songs and the newest outfitss for the new year keeps me going back

one of the cooest things is when they do the hoop dance special, not really for the hoops but its a chance for a rocking drum to knock off eight to ten push ups haha MNX i think jammed and last year was TBZ. totally recorded that S***! total coolness
                    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

how about just buying the GON Cd that comes out afterward? lol...

Comment

because they don't put the jamming songs on there.....
                        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Might give it a go. Might B cheaper 2 watch it online or wait 4 the dvd when it comes out. But, U can get some pretty gud supplies there.

Comment

yep fiddy is right! in the liner notes it seems somebody is selected to pcik the songs for the cd. some chic from LCO did the latest one it seems. can i have that job pleazze! at least open it up the public online for voting. alot of nice songs and some jamming ones never got out.
                            thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

gawd.........I would so luv to go diz yr.....am thinkn bout it.....who knows mite end up there, lol.......
                              lisaironmaker

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X