Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Kyi - Yo Pow Wow

]]]]]]
    Last edited by nativegoddess77; 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM.

Originally posted by nativegoddess77 View Post
    Host drums are: Meskwaki Nation and Eya Hey Nakoda

MC's are: Ruben Little Head and Earl Old Person

Arena Director is: Hawk Thunder Hawk

Head Man: Buddy Omeaso, a UM student

Head Lady- Whitney Top Sky, UM student
    this powwow is kind of a rip off..they make dancers pay..drums have to pay 100 bucks to sing and thats day pay..god knows what contest has to pay...your basically payin for your own powwow...
    from da 406 to the 509 and every 49, it's all fine in da 09

Comment

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
      this powwow is kind of a rip off..they make dancers pay..drums have to pay 100 bucks to sing and thats day pay..god knows what contest has to pay...your basically payin for your own powwow...
      I know, huh. It's like payin to see all tha regulars that you would normally powwow with on any given weekend.

This is a good powwow, but still up in the air...

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

wow

Not good reading for someone who is thinking on attending. But I have been to many powwows that dancers and singers had to pay. I ain't saying its right or wrong, just saying its not unusual.

So is anyone attending? What does a first timer have to look forward to?
        OPPS EXCUSE ME, AM TRYNA RECORD

Comment

Originally posted by LisaMOOSE07 View Post
          Not good reading for someone who is thinking on attending. But I have been to many powwows that dancers and singers had to pay. I ain't saying its right or wrong, just saying its not unusual.

So is anyone attending? What does a first timer have to look forward to?
          a high dollar weekend..no coolers..no out side food or drink..3 dollar pepsi's..5 dollar slices of pizza..other than that it's good!!alot of people go because it's the first big powwow of the year..cabin fever!!
          from da 406 to the 509 and every 49, it's all fine in da 09

Comment

Poster or Flyer

Boozhoo, does anyone have a Poster or Flyer on this one? I think am going to hit it up and would really like to see one. Thanks and have a great day.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT SEVEN CLANS THIEF RIVER FALLS

Comment

!

This pow wow was koo last year and forget the dope azz grass/chicken special!!!!

But the snow storm suxed on the way home!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaMOOSE07 View Post
                Boozhoo, does anyone have a Poster or Flyer on this one? I think am going to hit it up and would really like to see one. Thanks and have a great day.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT SEVEN CLANS THIEF RIVER FALLS
                The contact email address for kyi-yo is [email protected] and the url is Kyi-Yo’s Annual Pow Wow: Poster

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by nativegoddess77 View Post
                  The contact email address for kyi-yo is [email protected] and the url is Kyi-Yo’s Annual Pow Wow: Poster
                  Thanks.....

Well I'm planning on attending, so watch for the videos!!!

Comment

i love this powwow

I'm from down the road, so of course, I'm there. There are three good women running the powwow this year. They are powwowers and are on top of things...Anyways, in honor of my twin boys, my mom and I are putting on a special for boys 12 and under. There will be a winner picked from each category: grass, fancy, traditional, chicken.

Comment

this pw is always a fun pw...even when it was smaller. i've been goin every year since i was 16 (except for the time i had a baby, only missed it cuz no1 would chance taking me. i had her that friday LMAO) Passes r around like...5 bux for dancers...not sure about regular admission. And as for food? I always bring my grub in with me LoL....I'll most likely be there again this year ;-)
                      .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

this powwow is great to start the year off, I am also honored to be the A.D. there this year, I will be sponsering a special for all traditional dancers, contemporary vs. original style, every year I go to this I have fun and enjoy dancing to the good music that travels through montana country, I would also like to add that my mother is sponsering a women traditional contest, hope to see you all there to support one of the best powwows on the curcuit, by the way what powwow do you not spend alot of money at???

Comment

Well the nightlife makes up for whatever disappointments you folks might have in the daylight...lol Jokes!

But yeah I always like Kyiyo...winter usually has us lookin' forward to it!
                          "I'm so fresh and you so not..." ~ Dvera

Comment

Originally posted by Siale View Post
                            Well the nightlife makes up for whatever disappointments you folks might have in the daylight...lol Jokes!

But yeah I always like Kyiyo...winter usually has us lookin' forward to it!
                            Well let a first timer know where the good spots are for nightlife?
                            I look forward to this powwow

Comment

Well I was the one that started this thread but I don't think I will make this one (AGAIN)!!! Last year it was the snow..this year because of the recent deaths in my fam. BUMMER!! I always have fun when I go. my fave categories r Both womens & menz tradish, menz grass and womenz jingle. To all ya that ARE going....have fun & if you plan on partyin afterward stay SAFE.

AND SOMEONE HAS to post the winnerz snd some pix!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X