Clear All

• 23rd Annual Powwow at Arizona State University

23rd Annual Powwow at Arizona State University

April 17, 18 and 19, 2009

ASU Band Practice Field
    East 6th Street and South Rural Road
    Tempe, Arizona

2009 23rd Annual PowWow at ASU - Spring Competition
    Last edited by xTekno; 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM.

should be a good one.

Comment

Wow! Dennis Bowen is one of fave mc's but he's co-mc'ing himself! Didn't know he was that awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol'Girl View Post
        Wow! Dennis Bowen is one of fave mc's but he's co-mc'ing himself! Didn't know he was that awesome!
        Those are the good side and the dark side of Dennis.

Comment

Did you see how the background looks way different in the Pictures link?

Comment

~23rd Annual ASU Pow Wow~

Can't wait to hear Cree Confeds rock ASU!
            **"Father eagle will always guide and protect."**

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
              Can't wait to hear Cree Confeds rock ASU!
              Looking forward to it too!

Comment

Who's going?

Comment

I'm not going... Even though I live 15 minutes away, I'm just not into ASU powwow, like I used to be. =(

Comment

Originally posted by WINNIE View Post
                    I'm not going... Even though I live 15 minutes away, I'm just not into ASU powwow, like I used to be. =(
                    why? what happen?

I might go to check it out... Its been awhile since I've been there. Some good(er) Host Drums.

Comment

Originally posted by native.nation View Post
                      why? what happen?

I might go to check it out... Its been awhile since I've been there. Some good(er) Host Drums.
                      The last time my family went, my husband got 1st in his division but his buddy (who placed 2nd) got a higher payout than he did. LOL. It didn't bother us, though.. his buddy danced awesome, too.

++ I'm just not a fan of the 4 rows of canopies. The most recent time I went it was hard to find seating. I basically paid to "listen" to the drums...... really didn't/couldn't see anything.

Good powwow, if it's not to hot...

Comment

The powwow grounds has moved to another location, but it is still at the band practice field. The band practice field has moved about a "block" east of the old field. The new field is located just east of the softball field and north of the soccer field. Make sense??

Comment

Is it any bigger? That is a draw back to this pow wow (always has been as long as I've been going). Unless you camp out on the bleachers or do the camp out thing with the canopies (or find someone to crash in on who has a canopy), you don't really see anything. Although, the last couple years the crowd seems to have been a bit smaller so you caught a few more glimpes than normal. But it has seemed like more of a place to pay and hang out, run into people you haven't seen in forever and listen to the groups... We'll probably be there again this year too.

Comment

went to this powwow with my friend sometime back. why not just ban the canopies?

Comment

good question!

i got away from ASU even though it has always been fun. meet alot of people there and afterwards theres the city. im not sure if the curfew in still in effect but even that was a bonus cause wed take off and just have more fun.

before we would take off at lunch and race over there to set up some chairs but nowadays theres already canopies set up. now im going to other big pw that wkend
                              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X