Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63rd Annual Navajo Nation Fair Contest Powwow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 63rd Annual Navajo Nation Fair Contest Powwow

    63rd Annual Navajo Nation Fair Contest Powwow
    September 11-13, 2009
    Window Rock, AZ

    Navajo Nation Fair

    Details pending for the contest powwow head staff!

    The contest powwow runs Friday through Sunday, September 11th-13th.

  • #2
    im pretty sure i can guess the details of the host northern and southern drum!

    there will be none. haha *mr obvious here*
    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

    *RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by injunboy View Post
      im pretty sure i can guess the details of the host northern and southern drum!

      There will be none. Haha *mr obvious here*
      lmao!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        The flier is almost ready!!

        Comment


        • #5


          View More Information at:

          http://www.navajonationfairpowwow.com
          Last edited by native nation; 03-24-2009, 03:21 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Check these out:

            Cowgirls- hat, boot and spurs
            1<SUP>st</SUP> $1,000.00 2<SUP>nd</SUP> $800.00 3<SUP>rd</SUP> $600.00 4<SUP>th</SUP> $400.00 5<SUP>th</SUP> $200.00

            Cowboys- hat, boot and spurs
            1<SUP>st</SUP> $1,000.00 2<SUP>nd</SUP> $800.00 3<SUP>rd</SUP> $600.00 4<SUP>th</SUP> $400.00 5<SUP>th</SUP> $200.00

            Does it mean one boot only??

            Comment


            • #7
              No more quad-runners or street legal machines, eh?

              Women all around
              Winner takes all $ 5,000.00

              Men all around
              Winner takes all $ 5,000.00

              Comment


              • #8
                And finally, some cutting back:

                Singing Contest
                Northern/Southern combined
                1st $10,000.00 plus a champion cargo trailer 2nd $8000.00 3rd $6000.00 4th $4000.00 5th $2000.00
                6th $1000.00
                First ten registered drums will pd $200.00 each

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                  Check these out:

                  Cowgirls- hat, boot and spurs
                  1<SUP>st</SUP> $1,000.00 2<SUP>nd</SUP> $800.00 3<SUP>rd</SUP> $600.00 4<SUP>th</SUP> $400.00 5<SUP>th</SUP> $200.00

                  Cowboys- hat, boot and spurs
                  1<SUP>st</SUP> $1,000.00 2<SUP>nd</SUP> $800.00 3<SUP>rd</SUP> $600.00 4<SUP>th</SUP> $400.00 5<SUP>th</SUP> $200.00

                  Does it mean one boot only??
                  Someone, please explain this contest to me. I'm not sure about it? lol... one boot

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                    No more quad-runners or street legal machines, eh?

                    Women all around
                    Winner takes all $ 5,000.00

                    Men all around
                    Winner takes all $ 5,000.00
                    That's a lot of $$... I guess the economy hasn't hit the tribe/fair committee. Must be nice....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      somebody email them and ask why we payin good money for the Bud and Sissy from Urban Cowboy contest.. lol

                      sing it with mee!!, the ndns are dressin up like cowboys, and the cowboys are puttin leather and turquoise on..

                      invite one killer canadian drum and a nice southern drum give them some cash and enter them in the singin contest.
                      thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

                      *RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        RIght after Labor Day weekend!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by native.nation View Post
                          Someone, please explain this contest to me. I'm not sure about it? lol... one boot
                          Never seen a cowboy dance special before?? Well, they have lots up north.. People dance jus like they would, but in this special they wear cowboy/cowgirl gear plus, a bustle, bells and selected p/w gear.. Its different but good to watch.. Look it up in the p/w tv or youtube to get a better look..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                            63rd Annual Navajo Nation Fair Contest Powwow
                            September 11-13, 2009
                            Window Rock, AZ

                            Navajo Nation Fair

                            Details pending for the contest powwow head staff!

                            The contest powwow runs Friday through Sunday, September 11th-13th.


                            September 11,12,13, 2009<!--"''"-->


                            PO Box 862 WindowRock, Arizona<!--"''"-->


                            Phone: 928-814-4650, 505-368-5965, 505-402-8823<!--"''"-->

                            E-mail:
                            [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] [email protected]


                            http://www.navajonationfairpowwow.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Changes to the 2009 Contest Powwow

                              * Invited drums<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

                              Dry Lake Singers<o:p></o:p>
                              Fort Belnap, Montana<o:p></o:p>
                              <o:p> </o:p>
                              Eagle Whistle Singers <o:p></o:p>
                              Fort Peck, Montana<o:p></o:p>
                              <o:p> </o:p>
                              * Navajo Land Singing Challenge

                              A special singing contest Honoring the Navajo Singing Groups has been added to the events for the 2009 NNFPW. This will take place during the Saturday afternoon session and is open to all Navajo Singing Groups.

                              Only groups getting in this special contest will set up their drums for the Saturday afternoon session.

                              Two songs will be judged, a song in the Navajo Language and a Straight song both of which must be original compositions for each group.<o:p></o:p>

                              Payouts for this special contest will be as follows:<o:p></o:p>
                              1st. $4,000<o:p></o:p>
                              2nd $3,000<o:p></o:p>
                              3rd $2,000<o:p></o:p>
                              4th $1,000<o:p></o:p>
                              $10,000 total<o:p></o:p>
                              <o:p> </o:p>
                              * The Regular Singing Contest (Northern and Southern combined) has two additional places.

                              Payout will be as follows:<o:p></o:p>
                              1st. $10,000 plus cargo trailer <o:p></o:p>
                              2nd $ 8,000<o:p></o:p>
                              3rd $ 6,000<o:p></o:p>
                              4th $ 5,000<o:p></o:p>
                              5th $ 4,000<o:p></o:p>
                              6th $ 3,000<o:p></o:p>
                              7th $ 2,000<o:p></o:p>
                              8th $ 1,000<o:p></o:p>
                              Last edited by xTekno; 07-10-2009, 02:38 PM.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X