X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thizgirlpowwows View Post
    you know he got all the info LOL
    Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
    I wanted to ask who it was too... but figured Ttechno probably didn't ask...lol!
    Originally posted by LISA IRONMAKER View Post
    really?? hmmm.............dang drove all dat way?? HOLA!!
    i should of......dam!! so, who was da ladee that drove all dat way? did you catch her name? lol...........not that noisey ennitt?? hahahaha
    Originally posted by Tradancur View Post
    So who won the Big All Around Contests for the men and women? I heard they were $5,000 each! Where's all the winners? results? disappointments? LOL
    There are two disappointments!!!

1. No, I didn't get her name ...
    2. The guy that I took pictures off at the Gallup Ceremonial did not show up ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ABdrum View Post
      Thanks techno for the info... Thunder hill? First in the navajoland challenge??? Wassup with that??
      what's the matter THUNDERHILL can't win the Navajo land singing contest. As far as i was told all singers had to be NAVAJO!!!!!!!!!!! and for that particular contest some of us singers that ain't navajo stepped out. THUNDERHILL was all navajo, cheevers, hyde toppah, aaron & bob adson, ben nakai, kevin yazzie, jaron & weston tso, ALL NAVAJO!!!! SO DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A KNOT. WE PLAYED THE GAME AND FAIR. AND WON FAIRLY!!!!! i'm not even navajo and i thought they sounded good singing navajo and yes we do have navajo songs. i'm proud of them. EVERYBODY JUS NEEDS TO CHILL OUT ON THIS ISSUE. FREAKIN SORE LOSERS!!!! shakes head!!!!
      >>>~~~~*~~~~<<< THUNDERHILL >>>~~~~*~~~~<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by ern_dawg2003 View Post
        what's the matter THUNDERHILL can't win the Navajo land singing contest. As far as i was told all singers had to be NAVAJO!!!!!!!!!!! and for that particular contest some of us singers that ain't navajo stepped out. THUNDERHILL was all navajo, cheevers, hyde toppah, aaron & bob adson, ben nakai, kevin yazzie, jaron & weston tso, ALL NAVAJO!!!! SO DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A KNOT. WE PLAYED THE GAME AND FAIR. AND WON FAIRLY!!!!! i'm not even navajo and i thought they sounded good singing navajo and yes we do have navajo songs. i'm proud of them. EVERYBODY JUS NEEDS TO CHILL OUT ON THIS ISSUE. FREAKIN SORE LOSERS!!!! shakes head!!!!
        LOL!!! Dang all hurt feelings.....Neways... I think the comment was more directed at the fact that ppl didn't know Cheevers and Hyde are "jahns"....

Chill Dude... Your blood pressure is gonna get all somehow....

We all know thunderhill is one of the BEST! We are all proud of then too! Especially us "jahns" now that the world knows...LOL!

Comment

• Oh and I'm glad you posted the names of the singers... I was wondering who it was... My husband and I were only there Sunday. We didn't know who sang Saturday. And we left before winners were announced. (we only saw the tie breaker) So when we were leaveing... we both were saying YB and TH could have gotten all the Navajos together for a drum and that would have been awesome..... Here that sounds like exactly what happen!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
            LOL!!! Dang all hurt feelings.....Neways... I think the comment was more directed at the fact that ppl didn't know Cheevers and Hyde are "jahns"....

Chill Dude... Your blood pressure is gonna get all somehow....

We all know thunderhill is one of the BEST! We are all proud of then too! Especially us "jahns" now that the world knows...LOL!
            Originally posted by ern_dawg2003 View Post
            That was a cool Navajo tune (dii nizhoni, nizhoni yee')!!! File0414 if u are fortunate enough to get to the link.
            Last edited by xTekno; 09-18-2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• What link...what link....I want the link..... where do I find it.....I asked around and sure enough TH sang with Navajo words... I want the link!!!!!

Comment

What link...what link....I want the link..... where do I find it.....I asked around and sure enough TH sang with Navajo words... I want the link!!!!!
                First, u have to take a road trip with Mudwoman and Henry!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                  First, u have to take a road trip with Mudwoman and Henry!!

........OK....

Comment

........OK....

I'll share the secret after the trip is posted in Road Trip with Mud Woman and Henry.

Comment

• Originally posted by ern_dawg2003 View Post
                      LMFAO!!!....calm down dude....talk about panties getting tied in aknot....I knew cheevers was half, I also knew some of his singers.....but like K-mom said a lot of people didn't know that.....so excuse them for not knowing........
                      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Oh and I'm glad you posted the names of the singers... I was wondering who it was... My husband and I were only there Sunday. We didn't know who sang Saturday. And we left before winners were announced. (we only saw the tie breaker) So when we were leaveing... we both were saying YB and TH could have gotten all the Navajos together for a drum and that would have been awesome..... Here that sounds like exactly what happen!!!
                        Got my copy of "Rain in July" as well.

The following link has snipets of the CD:
                        Smith, Toppah & Landry - Rain in July (CR-6445)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                          That was a cool Navajo tune (dii nizhoni, nizhoni yee')!!! File0414 if u are fortunate enough to get to the link.
                          aaahahahaha thanks Techno for putting a name to one of the files.. that song does sound pretty cool with dine bizaad... i was fortunate enough to have been shared with the link too by mr. *. ****** ... which ones are the eagle whistles file#'s?

Comment

Originally posted by ern_dawg2003 View Post
                            I havta Agree wit this.. I kno for a Fact that Alot of People "had their Panties in a Knot" after the contest winners were announced.. But When i spoke b4 the contest.. I said it waz Open to ALL Navajo Singers and Drum Groups.. So that Ment Every Navajo Singer Had A Chance To Enter The Singing Contest, If they went to a Different Pw..then thatz too Bad.. Therez No Reason To Cause Trouble or Talk Negative to One Another.. We went back and Checked the Scores.. An They were Very Very Close ... I wish there woulda been more Groupz that had entered.. I dunno if it waz advertised well. if not then I appolize for that.. but I kno therez ALOT of Good Navajo Singerz out there.. An This Singing Special waz Ment To HONOR them.. Not to Cause Anger.. Jeleousy or Hate Among Us Singers.... The Reason Behind this Special COntest was to SHOWCASE the NAVAJO SINGER and let the PEOPLE kno who We ARE..an I waz Happy To see that THUNDER HILL had entered.. Because I Kno NOT MANY people Know or even KNEW that they Are Navajo.. An The way the Clan system is.. Im Sure they Have Alot OF Relations out there that they are Unaware of..As for the Singers and Groups that Did Enter..THANK YOU!!.. I thot it waz AWESUM..haha.. Im Sure This COntest Will Come UpAgain ..Sumtime.. Sumwhere.. So Jus Be Ready..Itz the First Of Many Battlez.. haha..JK..
                            So Please Take Care..EVERYONE!!.. I say these Wordz On Behalf of the Pw Commitee and My Family.. Respect One Another!!..PCE
                            Jr Keeswood..

oh Yea.. Check out Newmexicopowwows.com - Powwow in the Land of Enchantment for All the OFFICIAL NNFPW Photoz..
                            LETS ROCK THE POST...MILE POST 30 STYLE!!!.
                            SHHHH!! I HAVE SPOKEN !!!...........

Comment

• Thanks again to the Keeswoods, they all did such a good job.

There are 2067 photos, sorry it took awhile bu this was narrowed down from 5000 photos. Enjoy!

2009 Navajo Nation Fair PowWow - www.nmpws.com

Comment

• Originally posted by kiiyaaniiasdzaa View Post
                                Thanks again to the Keeswoods, they all did such a good job.

There are 2067 photos, sorry it took awhile bu this was narrowed down from 5000 photos. Enjoy!

2009 Navajo Nation Fair PowWow - www.nmpws.com
                                Very beautiful views!

There are other awesome photo albums at this location: PowWow Photos - www.newmexicopowwows.com

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.