X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
    Check these out:

Cowgirls- hat, boot and spurs
    1<sup>st</sup> $1,000.00 2<sup>nd</sup> $800.00 3<sup>rd</sup> $600.00 4<sup>th</sup> $400.00 5<sup>th</sup> $200.00

Cowboys- hat, boot and spurs
    1<sup>st</sup> $1,000.00 2<sup>nd</sup> $800.00 3<sup>rd</sup> $600.00 4<sup>th</sup> $400.00 5<sup>th</sup> $200.00

Does it mean one boot only??
    The Hat, Boot and Spurs dance special was first born at Manderee, ND, in the early 2000's. It was created to honor an Indian Cowboy from the Ft. Berthold Reservation. Since then, it has made its way to other powwows through Indian country.

The Navajo Nation has many well-known cowboys and cowgirls that participate nationally in Pro-Rodeos. The Powwow Committee has decided to honor that same Indian Cowboy/Cowgirl identity by including a Hat, Boot and Spurs dance special during this years powwow.

Very simple Rules:

Participant must have a cowboy hat, wear boots and spurs and any and all other cowboy/cowgirl regalia and will dance to the beat of the drum while acting out a rodeo event.

Comment

so ur not honoring 50 for his mod status..lol...
      "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Changes to the 2009 Contest Powwow

* Invited drums<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dry Lake Singers<o:p></o:p>
        Fort Belnap, Montana<o:p></o:p>
        <o:p> </o:p>
        Eagle Whistle Singers <o:p></o:p>
        Fort Peck, Montana<o:p></o:p>
        * Navajo Land Singing Challenge

A special singing contest Honoring the Navajo Singing Groups has been added to the events for the 2009 NNFPW. This will take place during the Saturday afternoon session and is open to all Navajo Singing Groups.

Only groups getting in this special contest will set up their drums for the Saturday afternoon session.

Two songs will be judged, a song in the Navajo Language and a Straight song both of which must be original compositions for each group.<o:p></o:p>

Payouts for this special contest will be as follows:<o:p></o:p>
        1st. $4,000<o:p></o:p>
        2nd $3,000<o:p></o:p>
        3rd $2,000<o:p></o:p>
        4th $1,000<o:p></o:p>
        $10,000 total<o:p></o:p>

* The Regular Singing Contest (Northern and Southern combined) has two additional places.

Payout will be as follows:<o:p></o:p>
        1st. $10,000 plus cargo trailer <o:p></o:p>
        2nd $ 8,000<o:p></o:p>
        3rd $ 6,000<o:p></o:p>
        4th $ 5,000<o:p></o:p>
        5th $ 4,000<o:p></o:p>
        6th $ 3,000<o:p></o:p>
        7th $ 2,000<o:p></o:p>
        8th $ 1,000<o:p></o:p>

Now that is cool!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakota_winyan View Post
          so ur not honoring 50 for his mod status..lol...
          LOL!!!....crazy LW....
          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

The Hat, Boot and Spurs dance special was first born at Manderee, ND, in the early 2000's. It was created to honor an Indian Cowboy from the Ft. Berthold Reservation. Since then, it has made its way to other powwows through Indian country.

The Navajo Nation has many well-known cowboys and cowgirls that participate nationally in Pro-Rodeos. The Powwow Committee has decided to honor that same Indian Cowboy/Cowgirl identity by including a Hat, Boot and Spurs dance special during this years powwow.

Very simple Rules:

Participant must have a cowboy hat, wear boots and spurs and any and all other cowboy/cowgirl regalia and will dance to the beat of the drum while acting out a rodeo event.

Coming up very soon!! Eleven days and counting down!

Comment

I'd like to check out this pow wow some time. Hope it's a good turnout!
              Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Itz Almost Time To Rock Window Rock!!

Good Day EveryOne.. Itz Good To Read All The Comments About The Up Coming Pw.. From All The Calls an Messages We Are Recieving. This Is Gonna Be A Pretty Rocking Pow-wow.

For Those Of U Dancers Interested In Competing In The Hat, Boots and Spurs Special Contest And The All Around Dance Contest, These Are Only For 18 and Over Dancers!! (there still is a $25 entry fee for the All Around Contest) The Invited Drums : Eagle Whistle And Dry Lake Will Be Singing For These Contests.

As For "The Navajo Land Singing Challenge" This Was Added To Honor Navajo Drum Groups. It Is Open To All Navajo Singing Groups Across The Navajo Nation. All Singers Must Be Navajo. This Contest Will Take Place During The Saturday AfterNoon Session. Only These Drum Groups Will Set Up. All Other Visiting Drum Groups Will Be Excused. An Will Not Set Up Till The Saturday Evening Session.
                2 Songs Will Be Judged. 1 Straight Song With Only Vocalables And 1 Word Song In The Navajo Language. Both Songs Must Be Original Compositions

For Those Of U Who Well Be Camping This Year. You Need To Contact
                Mr. Earl Tulley @ 928-349-0755 or [email protected]
                He Is Incharge Of The Campgrounds
                Camping Passes Will Be Sold Starting Wednesday Sept. 9

For More Information On This Yrs Payouts or Dance and Drum Rules Visit
                WELCOME TO THE 63rd ANNUAL NAVAJO NATION FAIR POWWOW
                Navajo Nation Fair - Largest Indian Fair

Hope To See You All There..Safe Travels To EveryOne!!..

Pce
                LETS ROCK THE POST...MILE POST 30 STYLE!!!.
                SHHHH!! I HAVE SPOKEN !!!...........

Comment

Originally posted by hogbackoutlaw View Post
                  As For "The Navajo Land Singing Challenge" This Was Added To Honor Navajo Drum Groups. It Is Open To All Navajo Singing Groups Across The Navajo Nation. All Singers Must Be Navajo. This Contest Will Take Place During The Saturday AfterNoon Session. Only These Drum Groups Will Set Up. All Other Visiting Drum Groups Will Be Excused. An Will Not Set Up Till The Saturday Evening Session.
                  Ah ha! Perfect! Thanks for the info. It was exactly the information we needed. There was an issue for some of our people staying in Gallup about trying to get to the pow wow on time (by noon time) on Saturday, with the roads being shut down, then conjested because of the parade. Now it's not an issue anymore because they now have ALL AFTERNOON to get into WR. That's awesome and works out perfect.

Thanks again!

Comment

my cuznt's Dry Lake and my bros Eagle Whistle are da invited drums, huh? whoot whoot.........right on!!
                    lisaironmaker

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 09-14-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

i did a couple of walk bys last yr.. theres soo much to do there! and alot of ole frens from all over. good times man
                        thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by hogbackoutlaw View Post
                          Good Day EveryOne.. Itz Good To Read All The Comments About The Up Coming Pw.. From All The Calls an Messages We Are Recieving. This Is Gonna Be A Pretty Rocking Pow-wow.

For Those Of U Dancers Interested In Competing In The Hat, Boots and Spurs Special Contest And The All Around Dance Contest, These Are Only For 18 and Over Dancers!! (there still is a $25 entry fee for the All Around Contest) The Invited Drums : Eagle Whistle And Dry Lake Will Be Singing For These Contests.

2 Songs Will Be Judged. 1 Straight Song With Only Vocalables And 1 Word Song In The Navajo Language. Both Songs Must Be Original Compositions

For Those Of U Who Well Be Camping This Year. You Need To Contact
                          Mr. Earl Tulley @ 928-349-0755 or [email protected]
                          He Is Incharge Of The Campgrounds
                          Camping Passes Will Be Sold Starting Wednesday Sept. 9

For More Information On This Yrs Payouts or Dance and Drum Rules Visit
                          WELCOME TO THE 63rd ANNUAL NAVAJO NATION FAIR POWWOW
                          Navajo Nation Fair - Largest Indian Fair

Hope To See You All There..Safe Travels To EveryOne!!..

Pce
                          one question...how do you verify that a singer is Navajo???...if they been married into the family for awhile, all indians begin to look like JAHNS!!!!.....LMAO!!!!!...........ok but seriously.........

Dayum got to get my passes!!!!!
                          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                            one question...how do you verify that a singer is Navajo???...if they been married into the family for awhile, all indians begin to look like JAHNS!!!!.....LMAO!!!!!...........ok but seriously.........

Dayum got to get my passes!!!!!

That the other contest that is not mentioned anywhere: Best Navajo In-Law!!!

Comment

Tuesday Sep 08 Scattered T-Storms
                              High 76°F, Low 46°F, Precip 40 %

Wednesday Sep 09 Isolated T-Storms
                              High 79°F, Low 45°F, Precip 30 %

Thursday Sep 10 Mostly Sunny
                              High 79°F, Low 45°F, Precip 10 %

Friday Sep 11 Sunny
                              High 80°F, Low 44°F, Precip 0 %

Saturday Sep 12 Partly Cloudy
                              High 80°F, Low 45°F, Precip 10 %

Comment

did you get the wind readinst too???...last thing I need is my tent blowing over....LOL!!!!!

HEY MUDWOMAN!!!!....I'm pitching a "tent" this weekend....FYI.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.