No announcement yet.

35th Annual BAIC Pow-Wow - Baltimore, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushin' this one back up to the top. It's nice this year that we don't have to wait until the end of the summer for this one!

We got our rooms reserved at the Red Roof (and someone to take care of the house critters too).

Comment

LSS, I am still waiting for a response on the host drum question.
      Becky B.

Comment

this used to be a good pw

Comment

LSS, They told me they are working on the host drum thing now.
          Becky B.

Comment

Posting to bring this one back up to the top... 6 more weeks :-)

Comment

Host drum - Southern Sun
              Becky B.

Comment

Today is the last day for this rate! And this hotel is really only right around the corner and this is a good price!

THe host hotel is the Red Roof Inn off 83 north exit right at the fairgrounds. The best rate we could get for that area is $76.99 plus (14%) tax. 1-800-REDROOF or 410-666-0380
                The rooms are available at that rate until June 26, 2009. When calling for room reference BAIC Native American Festival (folks in that area only know the name festival
                not powwow). At this time they have 30 rooms blocked. If planning on using that hotel (its right at the fair grounds) you need to make reservations.

Comment

We put in our reservations at Red Roof at the beginning of May - they goofed the reservations and charged my CC for the right dates BUT in JUNE.

It took until today to get all of it straightened out (including over limit charges) - but we'll be staying at the Holiday Inn thankyouverymuch :-P

Comment

Just reminding everyone the powwow is next weekend.
                    Becky B.

Comment

There will be a frybread eating/making contest and a hand drum contest. They have not given me the particulars yet but will post them as soon as I find out.
                      Becky B.

Comment

Becky, are points being taken for either Fri. grand entry? When does contesting start? Thanks!

Comment

If you register on Friday your registration is free. No points given on Friday just the incentive of free registration. Registration will close at 11:55 Saturday morning and contest will start that afternoon.
                          Becky B.

Comment

Becky - you got any e-flyers for BAIC? I keep checking the website but nada: not even a schedule of events... I usually post 'em up here at work. Last year there were a half dozen co-workers and their families who came up to see what pws were all about :-).

Comment

I'll email you a copy now.
                              Becky B.

Comment

Becky,

What time are the grand entries and what time do you estimate it will end each day?
                                Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.