Campus map http://map.duke.edu

MC: Dennis Zotigh
    Arena Director: Dalton Lynch
    Head Lady: Madonna Sitting Bear
    Head Man: Brian Green
    Host Drum: Red Earth
    Invited Drums: Southern Eagle, Raging Suns

All Drums and Dancers Invited!

$25 Day Money for dancers, and dinner provided for all.
    Last edited by eap7; 03-30-2009, 10:25 PM.

So who's coming? I believe that one of powwows.com's finest will be MCing...

Comment

I would but I'm a Tarheel fan. I just can't bring myself to do it. I just know that Madonna is going to feel at home ! Y'all have fun.
      Through the good times and bad times, always pray.

Comment

Originally posted by eap7 View Post
        So who's coming? I believe that one of powwows.com's finest will be MCing...
        Who is that?
        To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Originally posted by DANCINGEAGLE View Post
          I would but I'm a Tarheel fan. I just can't bring myself to do it. I just know that Madonna is going to feel at home ! Y'all have fun.
          That's no excuse! I am a Carolina student and will be there will be there with bells on..or whatever it is that women are there with. lol

Comment

Originally posted by LSS View Post
            Who is that?
            I can't announce this superstar yet due to security issues..jk, the committee is working out the contract and as soon as its "official", I will post here.

Comment

Special Exhibition Performances, Giveaways, Honoring Dances:

* Hoop Dance by Daniel Tramper
              * Performance by Willie Lowery
              * Performance by flute circle
              * Special Dances from ONE (Cherokee Dance Troupe)
              * Hand drumming
              * Giveaway for all dancers and drummers
              * Giveaway for all current royalty sponsored by Erica Scott, Miss PowWows.com 2007-2008
              * Special sponsored by Duke student Sadie In The Woods

Comment

Announcing the much awaited MC...Dennis Zotigh!

Driving & Parking Information:

From East:
                Via I-40 West: Merge onto 147 N via Exit 279B toward Durham/Downtown. From 147 N take the 15-501 S Exit toward Chapel Hill. Take exit 108A-Morreene Road. Turn LEFT onto Morreene. Continue through two lights. (Morreene Road becomes Towerview Drive at the second light-Erwin Road). Take the second LEFT onto Science Drive. The Bryan Center parking lot and garage will on your RIGHT.

From North:
                Via I-85 South: Exit onto 15-501 S toward Chapel Hill. Take the Morreene Rd exit via Exit 108A off of 15-501 S and turn LEFT onto Morreene Rd. Continue through two lights. (Morreene Road becomes Towerview Drive at the second light-Erwin Road). Take the second LEFT onto Science Drive. The Bryan Center parking lot and garage will on your RIGHT.

From South:
                Via US. 15-501 North. From the US-15/501 Bypass N take the Morreene Rd Exit 108A. Turn RIGHT onto Morreene Road. Continue through two lights. (Morreene Road becomes Towerview Drive at the second light-Erwin Road). Take the second LEFT onto Science Drive. The Bryan Center parking lot and garage will on your RIGHT.

From West:
                Via 1-85 North: Exit onto Durham Freeway NC 147 South. Take 147 to 15-501 South toward Chapel Hill. Take exit 108 A Morreene Road. Turn LEFT onto Morreene Road. Continue through two lights. (Morreene Road becomes Towerview Drive at the second light-Erwin Road). Take the second LEFT onto Science Drive. The Bryan Center parking lot and garage will on your RIGHT.

Card Gym (rain location)

From East:
                Via I-40 West: Exit onto the Durham Freeway (N.C. 147). Take Durham Freeway to U.S. 15-501 S. exit to Chapel Hill. Continue on U.S. 15-501 to the second exit (#107), marked Duke Univ. West Campus, a RIGHT-lane exit for N.C. 751. Turn LEFT onto N.C. 751 S., go under the freeway. At second traffic light, go LEFT onto Science Dr. Take the RIGHT just before the baseball field onto Whitford Drive and follow it until you reach the parking lot.

From North:
                Via I-85 South: In Durham, take exit (#174A) for US 15-501 South Bypass - Duke University/Chapel Hill. Continue on U.S. 15-501 to the fourth exit (#107), marked Duke Univ. West Campus, a RIGHT-lane exit for N.C. 751. Turn LEFT onto N.C. 751 S., go under the freeway. At second traffic light, go LEFT onto Science Dr. Take the RIGHT just before the baseball field onto Whitford Drive and follow it until you reach the parking lot.

From South:
                Via US. 15-501 North. Take 15-501 North, marked Duke Univ./Med Ctr. Do not take 15-501 Business. Take exit for N.C. 751 (#107) marked Duke University West Campus. Turn RIGHT onto N.C. 751 S.(Cameron Blvd.). At second traffic light, go LEFT onto Science Dr. Take the RIGHT just before the baseball field onto Whitford Drive and follow it until you reach the parking lot.

From West:
                Via 1-85 North: Exit onto N.C. 147 (Durham Freeway). Take first exit off Durham Freeway onto 15-501 S. toward Chapel Hill. Stay in RIGHT lane, and take second exit (#107), marked Duke Univ. West Campus, to N.C. 751. Turn LEFT onto N.C. 751 S., and go under the freeway. At second traffic light, go LEFT onto Science Dr. Take the RIGHT just before the baseball field onto Whitford Drive and follow it until you reach the parking lot.

Walk to the right, with the parking lot behind you, and you’ll turn left to go between Cameron Indoor Stadium and Card Gym. If you park at Bryan Center, the walking directions are walk to the main quad from the parking lot, down the BC Walkway (Plaza). Turn right when you get to the main quad. Keep walking straight across Towerview Rd. Card Gym is on the other end of the parking once you cross Towerview.

Comment

Well, if Dennis Zotigh is going to be there, I'll have to go too! Wouldn't want him to not have anyone to MC to.
                  "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by hobbs49 View Post
                    Well, if Dennis Zotigh is going to be there, I'll have to go too! Wouldn't want him to not have anyone to MC to.
                    Yeah that would just be awkward. lol Who else is coming? Only a couple more days!

Comment

Now that the rain is over and the winds are blowing, do you expect that we'll be outside on the Main Quad? Or is it still going to be too squishy?
                      "It doesn't really matter, they don't know any better anyway."

Comment

have a good time at your giveaway!
                        thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

The grass is apparently fine, so its scheduled to be outside on the Main Quad.

Comment

Originally posted by injunboy View Post
                            have a good time at your giveaway!
                            thanks!

Comment

Hope your give-away goes well! Michigan is a whole lot closer to Chicago than Duke! lol-and it'll be GREEN MADNESS!

Umm...even though I believe it'll be the Tarheels as Champions!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X