moth ball fancy dance special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moth ball fancy dance special

I've often jokingly refered to a "moth ball" fancy special as I've emceed around the northwest.
    what I mean is there are some retired fancy dancers that haven't brought out thier outfits in years. wouldn't it be great to see if they could still shake a leg?
    I know there would need to be medical personell on stand -by,Ayzzzz

There were a lot of fancy dancers through-out the northwest like the Spino boys, Menninok boys,Totus boys and many others.

Originally posted by SpeakingOwl View Post
    There were a lot of fancy dancers through-out the northwest like the .......Totus boys ....

Speaking,

Yeah I would like to see Sugar Ray and Wilson shake their tail feathers one-last-time!
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Gordon Lasley danced before his father's special last summer at the Meskwaki Proclamation Day Powwow. Got to dance with a legend again!

Comment

wilson still dances and is a competiter on the curcuit yet, but here in the NW there are those "blast from the past" that should be shaking out the old bustles for a last hoorah

Comment

I've often jokingly refered to a "moth ball" fancy special as I've emceed around the northwest.
          what I mean is there are some retired fancy dancers that haven't brought out thier outfits in years. wouldn't it be great to see if they could still shake a leg?
          I know there would need to be medical personell on stand -by,Ayzzzz

There were a lot of fancy dancers through-out the northwest like the Spino boys, Menninok boys,Totus boys and many others.
          haha... that's hilarious!

i give it to any golden ager that can get out there and make the youngin's work! fancy especially... but any category really... i love watchin my pops out there!
          "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

I'd like to see Boye Ladd, Chico HMHorses, Alvin Windyboy, Crazy Horse Bison and Johnny White Cloud go at it one last time. These are legends and all about the same age.

2 songs.

Each song ... two times through *L

Comment

jus two times through haha
              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

It would be cool to see Whome break out his fancy dance duds again..... lol
                sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                [email protected]

Comment

can any of you remember when Robert iron eyes cody was a fancy dancer?
                  Hint: sometime in the 1970's

Comment

LMAO when the title of the Thread said Moth Ball Fancy Dancers...LOL I thought this thread was going to be about how smelly Fancy Dancers are!! LOL seriously...they need to get some Febreeze on their outfits!! HAHA AND Grassdancers as well. HAHA
                    *~*bLiNgin' ya bLiNd*~*

Comment

can any of you remember when Robert iron eyes cody was a fancy dancer?
                      Hint: sometime in the 1970's

I have a picture of Tree in his fancy dance outfit. I think it was orange, black and white. . . It took two long sheep to make his goats! *L

8-Ball Jim used to announce, "who's that Indian riding a horse?" Remember that?

- Also in the same picture is "Joe Fish" Dupoint in HIS fancy dance outfit!
                      Last edited by WhoMe; 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

No way... seeing all of these old guys bust our their bustles would be like watching Jordan play for the Wizards... sometimes its better to remember the legends as they were in their prime.
                        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

one of jordans regrets about gettin into the hall of fame was he couldnt play ball anymore.. lol *rolls eyes*
                          thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                            I have a picture of Tree in his fancy dance outfit. I think it was orange, black and white. . . It took two long sheep to make his goats! *L

8-Ball Jim used to announce, "who's that Indian riding a horse?" Remember that?

- Also in the same picture is "Joe Fish" Dupoint in HIS fancy dance outfit!
                            hollah! geez was that one of those cameras that stood on three legs with a hood?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X