Boycott of Charlemont, Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boycott of Charlemont, Mass

For more than 20 yrs, I participated in powwows at Charlemont, Mass. Whenever I attended others, I discovered the ridicule and contempt held by others to that location. Objectively, I tried to step back and take an unbiased look at the situation. I boycotted it last year, but mostly due to job situation--here is what I concluded:

The energy there is not good in part that the community has little, if any, say on the proceddings.

The "hierarchy" has a personal agenda, as opposed to a community identity.

Since Grandfather Cougar crossed, there have been no elders willing to hold their ground, unless if fits their personal agenda.

The energy remaining from the destruction (not proper dismantling) of the medicine wheel (in place for decades) has yet to be properly dealt with.

"Black hole" vortexes were left in the place by those asked to permanently remove themselves from the grounds. (I managed to move them from open spaces to places where no one should be affected by them {in trees}, but as yet have not the experience to dissipate them safely.)

There are many on site who talk the talk, but remain clueless. It matters not how many statues, prints, whatnot you have in your home, or you listen to "tribal" music 24/7. That's wannabe attitude. When one is on sacred ground, you leave the wasichu world and all its underhandedness behind. That has yet to be praqcticed there.

I have heard the energy there is improving, and will keep an eye on it over the season, but I am not hopeful. However, I could be wrong, and will keep you posted.

In the meantime, if any powwow neophytes mention going to Charelmont, please dissuade them if possible. If not, please be sure to let hem know that it is nowhere near being a truly spiritual event, but more a carnival.

Thank you for your time,

Fox

I'm just wondering why it took you 22 years to find out all this stuff? Seems like a long time.

Oh shyt! That how long it took me to find out my marriage wasn't gonna work!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

a black hole vortex.... that sounds like star trek not a powwow....
      Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by steelemagnolia63 View Post
        a black hole vortex.... that sounds like star trek not a powwow....
        I think she meant vortices not vortexs
        it would explain why we are still here and not utterly destroyed
        Although vortices are bad just not lethal
        You you need a 4th or 5th degree wiccan to deal with them properly
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

I saw one of those energy veins in the horizon while work out on the oil platforms.

Is that the same thing? Oops, i meant is that the same as a vortice, not a 4th degree wicker.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

my only thoughts on the subject are, "huh?"
            Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

O.o

Yet another excuse to post this again.

I think I know where that vortex went:

lhc

Comment

Dang
                Last edited by Joe's Dad; 04-20-2009, 11:29 AM. Reason: i pushed the wrong button!

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Fox,

Okay, you talked me out of going to Charlemont powwow. Good job.

But, I'm still going to the Harvard powwow, also in Massachusetts, on May 2!
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Good choice.....

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                    Fox,

Okay, you talked me out of going to Charlemont powwow. Good job.

But, I'm still going to the Harvard powwow, also in Massachusetts, on May 2!
                    Dartmouth, Harvard, and so on....It was 2000 something the last time Whome was at Dartmouth? Seems the College powwows come and go....Depends on who's in school....None the less their usually purdy goot.....As for Charlemont....I plead the 5th.....
                    Last edited by WhoMe; 04-20-2009, 04:01 PM.
                    "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

I was thinking that it sounded more wiccan that Native American.... lol.....

So here we go again with the new age mumbo jumbo... moving them from open spaces in to the trees.....
                      Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
                        my only thoughts on the subject are, "huh?"
                        Thank you. I read this thread a while ago and didn't post 'cause my head was going:

Pow wow's are gatherings of people and any time you have any kind of gathering of people and there's money involved you will always have someone who has their own agenda. The point or issue is is it what you can handle or deal with and is it worth you going to.

I'm not putting down all pow wow's here, but the facts are that many times someone will get that way.

I go to pow wow's and visit family and friends and have a good time. And I set up at many of the pow wow's as a vendor, so you could say that at times I have my own agenda too and so do the other vendors. Doesn't make anyone bad, just the way things happen.

As for the Vortex/Vortices--okay I'm not touching that with a 10 foot cattle prod.

Comment

I was at this powwow, and Lord Voldemort was the A.D., and he lined everyone up wrong at grand entry. I will never go back to that powwow again. Oh, wait, what? Oh that was Harry Potter? Sorry, I'm always getting powwows confused with Harry Potter, you know, the vortices, bustles, roaches, brooms, dragons, etc. Its all so confusing.

Still, be careul at the Harvard powwow, those Yale people could be up to no good.

Comment

Hi Timmy!

I would just like to point out that it might not be safe to put black hole vortexes in trees. Some people like to climb trees. I'm not saying who, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                              Hi Timmy!

I would just like to point out that it might not be safe to put black hole vortexes in trees. Some people like to climb trees. I'm not saying who, just saying.
                              Hi Neling.

Shhhhh that was our little secret.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X