A very "wacky" powwow dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very "wacky" powwow dream...

I had the wierdest dream when I was taking a nap.

I dreamed we was at a big powwow somewhere (like in a baseball stadium) and the host drum didn't get there yet. The Emcee made an announcement that whoever had hand drums should get up and get ready to sing for grand entry.

We were given the word, and for some reason, everyone knew Ted M's. one song with words (that only our drum group and Ted knows) and we sang it for grand entry. More and more singers were gathering on this one walkway and joining in the grand entry song and it went very well. That was really wierd.

But not the wierdest part.

Then, some white guy in a Chicago Cubs uniform sitting in the stands near where I had been singing, starts just cussing around "You F*&#*$ers oughtta sit down and shut the F*$& up!!!"

I said, "Hey man, this is OUR thing, you really oughtta just be quiet and respectful."

Well, he went on and on, just cussing and even some grandmas were looking back and scowling at this obnoxious guy (He was drinking beer too, like at a baseball game).

Well, I got fed up with him, and after warning him a couple of times, I took the lil' knife I have on my key ring and saw that his hand was resting on a wooden plank. I jammed the knife in his hand and pushed real hard so it sunk all the way down to the hilt into the wood, pinning his hand to the wood. He got blood all over my hand and was screaming around and stuff.

I told someone, "Well, I better get outta here". They said, "Yeah, that'd be a good idea."

For some reason, I went home and my wife was there (instead of at the powwow!?!!?!) and I told her what happened. She was pretty freaked out, cause I had blood all over my clothes and in my hair. She said, "You know, the cops are going to come here for you and you're going back to prison." (I've been out for almost 20 years after serving 8).

I said, "Well the hell with them, At least I'm gonna get a shower before they get here."

I got a quick shower, and sure enough, when I got out, this one African-American Police Sgt. came to get me and said to come outside. He told me "Now, normally we'd have to lock you up, but that dude you stabbed is a sexual predator wanted for a long time now. We finally got him, so we'll just overlook it this time."

I said "Well, right on."

Kinda wierd hunh?
    Big Pauly, Anishinaabe Ogitchidaa Aanikoominodewiwin

Did he quit $&*%$#$ cussing?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 07-30-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lbgood View Post
        More importantly, why were you in jail previously, LMAO! - I had to ask!
        It wasn't jail...it was the AZ Dept. of Corrections. I used to like to drink and fight as a youngster....thus the consequences.

I've been sober since 7/4/87 and it seems everyone else really wised up! Ain't that somethin? LULZ.

Comment

Originally posted by ajibik View Post
          I've been sober since 7/4/87 and it seems everyone else really wised up! Ain't that somethin? LULZ.
          Congrats on the soberiety. Hang in there. One day at a time.

Comment

I just have one question: Who was registering dancers and in charge of tabulations??

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 07-30-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah weird.... but kinda cool....

Do you feel like you dream was over at that point? Cuz it sounds like it. I always wake up before my dream ends. And then I kinda know how it's going to end, it didn't actually get dreamed yet... Does that make sense?

But I rarely dream (or remember my dreams) so when I do, I usually am surpised.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                  I just have one question: Who was registering dancers and in charge of tabulations??

Did she have one short, shorts.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                    I think it was the sound man...ohhhhh!!!

"A mediocre man is ALWAYS at his best." -L. Peter

Comment

OH.... the sound man was wearing short, shorts.....

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
                        OH.... the sound man was wearing short, shorts.....
                        Musta been the ones at NABI, eh?

Comment

Sounds like a good short film! Or a youtube!

I had a dream like a Lifetime movie about meeting a country singer (Chris Cagle) who was court ordered to be a big brother to this Mexican kid. So I ended up trying to change his redneck attitude about minorities during the course of some "minor adventures".

I think I'll write a script!
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X